• Mid-Atlantic
    • Southeast
    • Midwest
    • Southwest
    • Northwest
    • West Coast
    • Canada
    • Europe
  3. 3. Would you respond to an anonymous email survey regarding your religious beliefs and involvement in TWI?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I ran across some site about 6 months ago that had a breakdown of the demographics and a lot of stats..I cant find it right at the moment (its 4:30 am!) but its out there somewhere..Maybe Paw knows where it is.

I was surprised at how much info it contained

Someone was nice enough to bring it back to my attention

HERE IT IS

Greasespotcafe demographics 4/9/10

<iframe marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="260" width="509" src="http://www.quantcast.com/profile/embed?img=http%3A//www.quantcast.com/profile/demographicGraphAll%3Fwunit%3Dwd%253Acom.greasespotcafe%26cols%3D2%26pipe%3DV3%26country%3DUS&w=509&h=260&showDeleteButtons=false&wunit=Charts.Summary.Demographics."></iframe>

Edited by mstar1

Well, I don't know where you got that from, mstar, but looking at the salaries, I'm not entirely sure that it would be representative. $100K+? And I also think that 39% having gone to grad school is excessively high. Where'd these stats come from?

Not entirely sure that that quantcast organization, whatever it is, has it right on this one. Probably a best guess based on declared ages - not on declared circumstances.

Well, I don't know where you got that from, mstar, but looking at the salaries, I'm not entirely sure that it would be representative. $100K+? And I also think that 39% having gone to grad school is excessively high. Where'd these stats come from?

Not entirely sure that that quantcast organization, whatever it is, has it right on this one. Probably a best guess based on declared ages - not on declared circumstances.

I was poking around on google one day for something or other and that popped up..I dont really know who quantcast is, how they came up with their numbers or their methodology...

I figured the ages seemed about right and the incomes and schooling COULD be right although I have no way of absolutely knowing without them explaining it further. It could be a guess on their part based on what the average 52yo White Male/38yo Hispanic woman etc makes a year, then guess at family sizes for each group which they may have done.

But how then do the ages seem right unless they were able to glean some sort of information some how...

I dont remember ever filling out a questionaire when I joined here.

I dont know...Its a great mystery :biglaugh:

• 1 year later...

Someone was nice enough to bring it back to my attention

HERE IT IS

Greasespotcafe demographics 4/9/10

<iframe marginwidth="0px" marginheight="0px" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" height="260" width="509" src="http://www.quantcast.com/profile/embed?img=http%3A//www.quantcast.com/profile/demographicGraphAll%3Fwunit%3Dwd%253Acom.greasespotcafe%26cols%3D2%26pipe%3DV3%26country%3DUS&w=509&h=260&showDeleteButtons=false&wunit=Charts.Summary.Demographics."></iframe>

That is a sham. It's based on some formula. Most of those stats are impossible to compile. the Male/Female in your profile allows you not to say, so there should be a third category. We don't even track race, nor do we track children; income or education.

And if they can't compile data for traffic, where are they getting the numbers!!!!

Most of the data I track is geographic from Google. We get traffic from all 50 states every week!! We have traffic in Canada every week. And Europe every week. Africa occasionally. Asia burps quite a bit and it matches our Spam. South America has hits almost every week.

The busiest city is an IP showing as being from Columbus, Ohio. My guess is that IP is used by WAYGB.

There are lots and lots of ex-Way people in the Columbus, Ohio area. I can think of half a dozen off the top of my head who post here pretty often. I'm sure there are even more, though, who lurk about in the shadows. Maybe that partially explains this particular statistic.

Edited by waysider

Silly?

:biglaugh:

my name is what I am, a Ham..

why do the demographics show the majority are going to grad school. Maybe that is just where the path is leading..

try doing mathematics at 54 years old..

well, I won't "retire"..

I wish I had a few more friends..

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't had too much attrition among age groups similar to my age - but older and much older ones...and younger ones...

Most posters here are in the 50-59 age group. What, did that generation come out of the womb with some special dose of gullibility?

Gullible?... Maybe

Idealistic?...Absolutely!

We were the generation that was going to change the world, make it a better place, be a part of something bigger than ourselves. TWI seemed like it was offering a chance to do those things. And, don't forget, some of our decisions weren't all bad, in and of themselves, but, they were based on misleading, deceptive information. Take the WOW program, for example. "Grow ten years in one", "Gain a greater, in-depth spiritual perception.", blah, blah, blah, blah. For cryin' out loud. There was nothing spiritual about it. It was simply an unpaid sales/recruiting campaign for the PFAL class. Sure, some people experienced personal growth. That's what adversity does to us. It makes us wiser. That's not entirely a bad thing. And, sure, some people had fun in the process. Again, not entirely a bad thing. But, to go on thinking we were part of some noble effort that changed the world in some significant way is denial. It's ludicrous, plain and simple.

I dunno. Gullible? Maybe we were of the deception that agreements actually meant something..

actually I still think they do. Just because they don't choose to honor it..

it's their loss, not mine..

Waysider said:

"Take the WOW program, for example. "Grow ten years in one", "Gain a greater, in-depth spiritual perception.", blah, blah, blah, blah. For cryin' out loud. There was nothing spiritual about it. It was simply an unpaid sales/recruiting campaign for the PFAL class."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, I don't know if the WOW program was as you say...BUT The PFAL Class was definitely a sales tool...

Could we get a basic survey on the use of Marijuana, i.e. chronic, weed, sweet smoke, da bomb, swag, reefer, Mr. Happy in a bag, and so on...like one that has sex, age group, educational level, amount of usage?? Just wondering.

michael chudzinski

Could we get a basic survey on the use of Marijuana, i.e. chronic, weed, sweet smoke, da bomb, swag, reefer, Mr. Happy in a bag, and so on...like one that has sex, age group, educational level, amount of usage?? Just wondering.

michael chudzinski

OK

Male/61/A.A.S./Stopped smoking after PFAL in 1972...tried once again in 1981...just not my bag.

Edited by waysider