GreaseSpot Cafe

If it talks like a cult, walks like a cult, barks like a cult....

bliss

12 minutes ago, Charity said:

I knew about the legalism in twi, but the introspective part is new to me.  OldSkool, can you explain how that worked?

Yeah, basically never fast enough, never strong enough, never good enough. Praise was rare in my way corps training and we were treated like pond scum by the staff and graduated way corps. So most of the training is mostly polishing the flesh from an introspective perspective. I had extremely low self esteem as graduated way corps but also an ego the size of texas because I was way corps.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, OldSkool said:

never fast enough, never strong enough, never good enough.

I'm picturing one of those old, green, Way Tree bumper stickers with that as the motto instead of "Word Over The World".

"Never fast enough! Never strong enough! Never good enough!"

1 hour ago, OldSkool said:

Yeah, basically never fast enough, never strong enough, never good enough. Praise was rare in my way corps training and we were treated like pond scum by the staff and graduated way corps. So most of the training is mostly polishing the flesh from an introspective perspective. I had extremely low self esteem as graduated way corps but also an ego the size of texas because I was way corps.

Being introspective would definitely be a two-edged sword for the corps - all that criticism causing you to look inside your thoughts and feelings and see nothing but sin and weaknesses would cause anyone to loathe themselves plus with Christ being out of the picture - there was no light, truth and love to bring wisdom and inner strength.

I know how dark and painful sin-consciousness and self-loathing are and that was just with me pointing all the fingers at myself - coming to know Christ after leaving twi is such deliverance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waysider said:

I'm picturing one of those old, green, Way Tree bumper stickers with that as the motto instead of "Word Over The World".

"Never fast enough! Never strong enough! Never good enough!"

:jump:

1 hour ago, Charity said:

Being introspective would definitely be a two-edged sword for the corps - all that criticism causing you to look inside your thoughts and feelings and see nothing but sin and weaknesses would cause anyone to loathe themselves plus with Christ being out of the picture - there was no light, truth and love to bring wisdom and inner strength.

I know how dark and painful sin-consciousness and self-loathing are and that was just with me pointing all the fingers at myself - coming to know Christ after leaving twi is such deliverance.

That about sums it up better than I could put into words.

13 hours ago, little_rock said:

I learned years later all that the Wow ambassadors' sicky-sweetness was fake. Some analyst call it "love bombing". They would shower you with love and think you are just the most interesting person they have ever met. But over time, once you are in the fold that sicky sweet veneer wears off real fast. I can't say that for all people, their are plenty of good people the ministry. The Way Corps people could be so mean-spirited it would cause one to take pause and ask one's self, why am I continuously tolerating this verbal abuse? The leader was always right and you were reprimanded if you even thought anything to the contrary. They said it is part of "The Mystery". The mystery is why I stayed too long at the fair. So glad got out of it, it was very difficult for me, but God found a way for me.

Ah yes the Mystery!  This is that concept where Jews and Gentiles are together with one Lord and Savior and together in one body of Christ.

Except - 

1. Did they take “the class” yet?  If not they need to to really really be a part

2. All the heads of denominations are seed of the serpent and devil spirit influenced so don’t go to any of their churches, collaborate with them, have joint ministries with them, give them any money, or do anything other than witness to them the greatness of this “class”

3. If you are in debt you aren’t really really ready to fully fellowship with them

4. Any of their “causes” are second rate causes where the first rate cause is giving to TWI to support Craig’s pension, insurance payoffs from misconduct, Rosalie’s housekeepers, molten metal statues of VP for desks and lobbies, and keeping Gunnison open for like 100 people a year to visit but make sure “bless patrol “ is fully staffed to keep others including Christians out.

5.  The Ways investment arm - like the Mormon church they make money from your money.

6. Militant inspired leadership training - the “Way Corps”

7. Weekly phone hookups where you dress up and play audience

8.  Highly controlled “manifestations” where they are the only people who do them accurately.

9. The law of believing that works for saint and sinner alike except the saints get more blame for “not believing” enough.

10. Conspiracy theory at the Advanced Class

11. A top leadership body that listens to and is accountable to nobody on earth.

Isn’t it great that we now have the Great Mystery revealed in our day and time?

/s  (sarcasm flag)

The biggest mystery to me is why I put up with all that bullshonta for multiple decades of my life.  Experience a release from that mystery and vote with your feet.  Then the mystery of the scriptures with all nations and former persuasions being united in one body of Christ will become actually alive to you.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Ah yes the Mystery!  This is that concept where Jews and Gentiles are together with one Lord and Savior and together in one body of Christ.

Except - 

1. Did they take “the class” yet?  If not they need to to really really be a part

2. All the heads of denominations are seed of the serpent and devil spirit influenced so don’t go to any of their churches, collaborate with them, have joint ministries with them, give them any money, or do anything other than witness to them the greatness of this “class”

3. If you are in debt you aren’t really really ready to fully fellowship with them

4. Any of their “causes” are second rate causes where the first rate cause is giving to TWI to support Craig’s pension, insurance payoffs from misconduct, Rosalie’s housekeepers, molten metal statues of VP for desks and lobbies, and keeping Gunnison open for like 100 people a year to visit but make sure “bless patrol “ is fully staffed to keep others including Christians out.

5.  The Ways investment arm - like the Mormon church they make money from your money.

8.  Highly controlled “manifestations” where they are the only people who do them accurately.

9. The law of believing that works for saint and sinner alike except the saints get more blame for “not believing” enough.

11. A top leadership body that listens to and is accountable to nobody on earth.

/s  (sarcasm flag)

The biggest mystery to me is why I put up with all that bullshonta for multiple decades of my life.  Experience a release from that mystery and vote with your feet.  Then the mystery of the scriptures with all nations and former persuasions being united in one body of Christ will become actually alive to you.

Isnt it seemingly (not really) mysterious how all those things were packaged as living the great mystery in the household of the prevailing word as the world moves over the world and we live victoriouly taking pflappy for the 351 time? Strange to say the least. :anim-smile:

3 hours ago, chockfull said:

Except - 

/s  (sarcasm flag)

Great post, Chockfull !!!!!!

Gnosticism-like ideas were a distinct element in wierwille’s ideology - it seems rather obvious to me now that anything in the Bible that spoke of a mystery, or verses that could be misinterpreted to teach there was some secret knowledge available only to the fully initiated , afforded wierwille a great springboard to add impetus to promote his delusions, and exercise control over followers.

Yeah obvious to me NOW. But from 1974 to 1986 I bought into his delusions- hook, line and sinker. 

8 hours ago, chockfull said:

Except - 

There are two kinds of people in this world.

People who take the PFAL class and there's people who don't.

6 hours ago, T-Bone said:

There are two kinds of people in this world.

People who take the PFAL class and there's people who don't.

Strange how some things change - I used to pity the ones who didn’t but they were the smart ones after all.

• Like 1