GreaseSpot Cafe

You'r Favorite Example of Way International Double Talk.

OldSkool

Since leaving the way international I am astounded at the double talk that is so incredibly common in that ministry. Really, most of it is funny when you stop and think about it. I thought I would dedicate a thread to capture some of the gems you have been exposed to over the years. It can be from a book, syllabus, sharing, in short from anyone and any source from the way international.

Ok, to start off. My all time favorite is from The Forehead's advanced class. Mind you he was kicked to the curb 10 years ago and they are so inept at HQ that they still have not fixed the AC syllabus. Anyways, before I go :offtopic:

Craig said, and I will quote this the best I can from memory: "The adversary cannot counterfeit speaking in tongues. He could counterfeit languages if a devil spirit controlled that part of the brain."

Say what? :biglaugh:

I probably need a lesson in exactly what double talk is . . . but

The choir would sing "The fullness of the godhead bodily . . ." over and over and over again

then someone would get up to the podium and "teach" that there's no evidence that JC was diety in the bible.

"The adversary cannot counterfeit speaking in tongues. He could counterfeit languages if a devil spirit controlled that part of the brain."

Say what? :biglaugh:

What did he think Paul was addressing with the Corinthians? Counterfeit!! They are very adept at explaining away those "uncomfortable" parts of scripture.

It is a vague memory....thank goodness....but, I remember hearing somewhere that the "Jesus" of the church was really a devil spirit. Makes me queasy just to type it out.

You have to do some serious double speak to say that without a lightening bolt to the back or with a straight face.

When believers prosper it's because they are blessed by God due to be in the household

When unbelievers prosper it's a counterfeit of the "Adversary"

When rank & file believers get sick it's because they are off the Word

When leadership gets sick it's because the "Adversary" is attacking them due to their stand on the Word

i hope i can explain this one. dot matrix could do a much better job. she told "leadership" including victroid that her (female)area leader was sleeping with young men to get them in the word and encouraging them to do likewise

she (dot matrix) was accused of having a "seducing spirit"

doyou think that's double talk?

"Eighty-five to ninety percent of the Scriptures interpret themselves in the verse, right where they are written. You don't need a commentary to understand tose verses, they're as plain as day." VPW

"Now kids I know we're taking a lot of time going through this chapter, verse by verse here. But there's a lot of depth here and I wouldn't want you to miss it." VPW

Quotes from my Dad's diaries.

What did he think Paul was addressing with the Corinthians? Counterfeit!! They are very adept at explaining away those "uncomfortable" parts of scripture.

It is a vague memory....thank goodness....but, I remember hearing somewhere that the "Jesus" of the church was really a devil spirit. Makes me queasy just to type it out.

You have to do some serious double speak to say that without a lightening bolt to the back or with a straight face.

Oh, do I remember all that non-sense. The Forehead used to spend a lot of time harping on "another Jesus." And of course the ensuing emphasis was that Jesus Christ was a pretty much a namesake used to push our prayers through to the Father and that he is an intercessor and other than that we are to have nothing to do with Jesus - no prayer, conversation, anything. Of course ole' Craig was the one that excluded Jesus from the gathering together in Men in Tights...uhh...I mean Athletes of the Spirit...uh....ya....that's what I meant... :biglaugh:

A friend of mine on the accuracy and validity of the PFAL class: "all the wrong in that class does not outweigh all the good."

And, from the book Receiving the Holy Spirit Today by Victor Paul Wierwille:

"Faith (believing) is your operation of the

God-given ability to believe for the impossible

to come to pass at your command as a

son of God, by use of the information you

have received from Him by revelation."

Huh? :confused:

Edited by soul searcher

"Faith (believing) is your operation of the

God-given ability to believe for the impossible

to come to pass at your command as a

son of God, by use of the information you

have received from Him by revelation."

Huh? :confused:

What's not to get? That is as clear as.......mud.

Scary thing is....there was a time I actually understood that quote.

• Like 1

Note of clarification:

That's the supposed definition of the MANIFESTATION of believing, as energized by the revelation manifestations, as opposed to your run of the mill believing (that is "available" for saint and sinner alike) or saving faith (believing).

Not that it really makes any difference. I just thought it might help you understand what it is referring to.

BTW----These definitions , from the Advanced Class, did not originate with Wierwille. He "borrowed" them almost word-for-word.

BTW----These definitions , from the Advanced Class, did not originate with Wierwille. He "borrowed" them almost word-for-word.

Well, you know - what's yours is mine and what's mine is mine. Now don't make me sue!