GreaseSpot Cafe

You'r Favorite Example of Way International Double Talk.

OldSkool

Who comes? ...

Crow comes.

Slow Joe Crow comes.

Who sews crow's clothes?

Sue sews crow's clothes.

Slow Joe Crow sews whose clothes?

Sue's clothes.

Sue sews socks of fox in socks now.

Slow Joe Crow sews Knox in box now.

Sue sews rose on Slow Joe Crow's clothes.

Fox sews hose on Slow Joe Crow's nose.

Hose goes.

Rose grows.

Nose hose goes some.

Crow's rose grows some.

Mr. Fox!

I hate this game, sir.

This game makes my tongue quite lame, sir.

Mr. Knox, sir, what a shame, sir.

------------------------------------------

Oh yeah,...... Hi Sue!

1. The reason you are having trouble in your life is because the adversary is able to attack you because you are not standing on the word.

2. The reason you are having trouble in your life is because the adversary is attaching you for standing on the word.

Oh, you just gotta love all the pontification sessions we had to endure about why such and such was happening to so and so. :rolleyes:

" I wish I were the man----blah, blah, blah,"

He probably said that one day over a double Drambuie and had a little conscience twinge regarding his sexual predations.

And while I am on the topic, so if he knew to be a better man and didn't isn't that sinning willfully?

Oh, while I am on a roll here - There is no degree of sin with God. --- Homosexuality is the lowest sin.

Acts 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica in that they recieved the word with all readiness of mind and searched the scriptures daily whether those things were so.

This means that they wanted to be as convinced as their teachers were so they searched the scriptures. They weren't actually searching the scriptures to see if what they were being taught was true... No, they were studying the doctrine as taught to them by their teachers.

In other words, only study what we say, don't question it. Don't try and have any independent thought.

Edited to add that last sentence.

Edited by JavaJane

"Keep it in your pants."------VPW (WOW training)

The fact that he even had to say that points to the epidemic.

Each manifestation has it's purpose and is not more important than another.

We want to get to the place that we faithfully operate discerning of spirits because it indicates spiritual maturity. (I would wager a completely un-scriptural concept)

"I do not tell you that you should believe, I teach you how to believe." PFAL

Gee,... wait, maybe he should have told us that we should believe and not taught us How to believe......

God is not a respector of persons... But He is a respector of believing. (and leadership, and amount of nametags, etc.)

The revelation and impartation manifestations are God's perogative...

But didn't VP say that when he needed revelation her just "reached into Daddy's comie jar?"

puh-lease....

"Keep it in your pants."------VPW (WOW training)

This....as he sent off (two X two)hormonal 20 somethings.....to live together communally for a year......brilliant way to resist temptation!!

God has no hands but our hands.....

Acts 17:25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.

God has no hands but our hands.....

Acts 17:25And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything, because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else.

I had never considered that since leaving the way international. Thanks!

Did he say it, or someone else?... :biglaugh:

I'm pretty sure he said it. It was a Corps Night and he was "teaching" from Eph. 1 and he stopped and made that statement. Then Harve Platig was inspired to write that song. Now, whether he read that somewhere, or heard someone else say it before he taught that, I don't know. I'd never heard it before then but I was an "old man" of 23 at the time. I believe it was fall of 1980.

The Spirit of God is the light of God in concretion.

Spirit != Concretion

Now THAT'S the kind of crap that was thrown around so much with TWI. This sounds so...academic. So...intellectual. But upon closer view, it makes absolutely no sense but people would go "woooh"! By the way, who said that?

A friend of mine and I concluded that people at the Rock of Ages never actually listened to what was being said from the mainstage, they simply listened for voice inflections. You could say anything and if you had the right voice inflection you would get a cheer from the crowd.

The emphasis was on sounding good, not on substance.

Do you remember how VP would often be speaking and during the talk he would get all choked up. "Aw kids, you break my heart!" then in the next breath his voice would return to normal? I used to be amazed at how fast he could click in and out of such deeply felt emotional states. Actually, even then I suspected the whole thing was for show, and he clicked in and out of emotional states to manipulate his audience. No one ever said the man wasn't slick.

• Like 1

You know, for God being all knowing, all powerful, and everywhere present, He really had a lot of stuff He couldn't do in Way-world. God couldn't:

speak to anyone unless they had spirit

override a person's believing

protect someone who was "out of fellowship" (or their kids, or their stuff)

give revelation unless you were "in fellowship"

give anything other than that which he is, which is spirit (because spirit is the light of God in concretion, because Gods light would kill us, like a laser!!)

operate outside the laws of nature that he set up

contradict himself

speak to anyone outside twi

work in anyone outside twi (ESPECIALLY non-Christians!)

has no hands but our hands

only shows his love through the believers

only has one group as His remnant and One True Household!

Follows Way tree as far as revelation goes

BUT, don't "put God in a box" or "limit God"!!

As if anything I could do as a puny insignificant human could put a limit on what God could do!!

The biggest double talk present throughout the whole organization is people who like to say "love you", and then by their actions and fruit of their life treat you worse than your average general acquaintance, co-worker, or neighbor. And who are so blind they will never see this until the Lord Jesus Christ points it out to them when he comes back.

The snow was so thick that I couldn't see the gas pumps...

operate outside the laws of nature that he set up

mmm.....so is it natural for snow to fall in July?

:rolleyes:

Oh, I get it....because he was working with natural elements he just bent the rules....ok.... :biglaugh:

the pseudo intellectualism of a man who said he had a Doctorate (from Pike's Peak Seminary) is hard for little ole' me to keep up with... :biglaugh: