GreaseSpot Cafe

You'r Favorite Example of Way International Double Talk.

OldSkool

The "all without distinction"-"all without exception" terminology is used by Bullinger in How to Enjoy the Bible. Since, by his examples, "all without distinction" meant all within a certain class, eventually TWI went to "all with distinction," which actually makes a bit more sense.

E.g., "Jesus is the Savior of all men." Will all men be saved? No, so it is not "all without exception." All men who ARE saved, however, are saved by Jesus, so it is "all with(out) distinction."

George

This error vpw plagiarized was corrected in the Intermediate class,

where "all without exception or all with a distinction" was said.

It was never pointed out as an ERROR or a CORRECTION, mind you....

I once had a apprentice corpse person tell me "God tried to tell you but,you were'nt listening."The context of this double talk was usually when the apprentice corps person would forget one of his responsibilities.

Okay here's a little example of double speak. Getting a letter from the Corps member you agreed to sponsor and have for over a year. You know, the one that hasn't written you in four months, the one you didn't send the last check to (because in return for $150.00 a month all you expected of them was a monthly letter [that's a lot to pay for a letter]).

I read the letter, in it I was reminded of my responsibilities and my promise, of how I would send financial support and in return, receive news from International. "I'm sorry" would have gotten me to send it all in up to date. Instead (I was in the Marines at the time), I stopped mailing her once a month as she had done to me.

I have heard from other people that went in the Corps that they considered writing those letters a burden (in some way, shape or form), But I sure got a letter quick the first time I didn't send a check. and this other person seemed to not mention the for four months - there was mail, but only in one direction. Anyways, I decided our arrangement had been terminated by the other party, and never sent anything further, after that.

I understand that feeling. I had a number of Corps whom I sponsored over the years, and most were pretty diligent about getting their letters to me. I had no problem with "form letters" from them, as long as there was some personal part added to the generic stuff. If I had to write 20 letters a month to folks who had each given me $20 (or whatever the monthly requirement was), I'd either write very terse notes or go the form letter route.

Anyway, there was one of my SP's who got very delinquent in writing. First, I lovingly reproved her. Then, I not-so-lovingly reproved her. Then, I strongly reproved her. Then I wrote the Corps Coordinator. Surprise! Mail from her in less than a week!

I never stopped sending the dough, though. I considered it my promise, not an "if you do this, I'll do that" deal. That's just me.

George

"I'm sorry" would have gotten me to send it all in up to date. Instead (I was in the Marines at the time), I stopped mailing her once a month as she had done to me.

This is an example of Dumb and Dumberer. You notice how RR or any Prez of TWI has never apologized for anything? Because they are never wrong? Well this is the learned behavior that is passed on down to the in-rez Corps.

The Way, a people business, and people skills, couldn't be further apart.

I once had a apprentice corpse person tell me "God tried to tell you but,you were'nt listening."The context of this double talk was usually when the apprentice corps person would forget one of his responsibilities.

AHHH! Who in the hell are these idiots to say that God was trying to give someone revelation and the receiver was too stupid to get it. What happened to God being able to get our attention!!!!!!! :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad: :realmad:

Ok, carry on.

Remember, God can't talk to you if you are out of fellowship!! And God is spirit and can only speak to spirit... But we can't lose the spirit be size it is incorruptible... And it's not like He just takes it out whenever you sin... But he still can't talk to you if you are out of fellowship.

But He can tell you leadership that you are doing things you didn't even know you were doing!

God is like a huge Santa Claus according to twi logic... He's making his list and checking it twice and only gives gifts to the nice little boys and girls... And you don't need to talk to him unless you need something.

Remember, God can't talk to you if you are out of fellowship!! And God is spirit and can only speak to spirit... But we can't lose the spirit be size it is incorruptible... And it's not like He just takes it out whenever you sin... But he still can't talk to you if you are out of fellowship.

But He can tell you leadership that you are doing things you didn't even know you were doing!

God is like a huge Santa Claus according to twi logic... He's making his list and checking it twice and only gives gifts to the nice little boys and girls... And you don't need to talk to him unless you need something.

I need some more endorphins to numb that out. Off to smash my thumb with a hammer.....brb.....

In the early sessions of PFAL, Wierwille makes it quite clear that "the abundant life" has material connotations. (Consider the title of Christians Should Be Prosperous which was on the required reading list) Later, as skepticism starts creeping in, you are told, "Oh, the abundant life is spiritual. Some day you'll understand the deeper significance of it.".

At least for me, my favorite is The 5 things you must know before you can receive anything from God. :confused:

1. What is available? (Only things written in books by VPW)

2. How to receive it? (Only when you ABS, and attend every class, attend every twig, every ROA)

3. What to do with it after you've got it? (you must read every VPW book, then reread it, then refer to step 1 again) :nono5:

4. Must have needs and wants parallel? (Standing on one foot, while juggling 3 dishes and 2 spoons, and then only then)

5. Know God's ability equals his willingness? (Now you see him, now you don't)

Now that is some effective brainwashing isn't it! I literally pulled that 5th one off the top of my head.

Thanks VpW

Edited by Human without the bean

At least for me, my favorite is The 5 things you must know before you can receive anything from God. :confused:

1. What is available? (Only things written in books by VPW)

2. How to receive it? (Only when you ABS, and attend every class, attend every twig, every ROA)

3. What to do with it after you've got it? (you must read every VPW book, then reread it, then refer to step 1 again) :nono5:

4. Must have needs and wants parallel? (Standing on one foot, while juggling 3 dishes and 2 spoons, and then only then)

5. Know God's ability equals his willingness? (Now you see him, now you don't)

Now that is some effective brainwashing isn't it! I literally pulled that 5th one off the top of my head.

Thanks VpW

Yes it is.

And I just realized the 5 steps never tell you how to get it. Just talk about it in a circular fashion. Wait I think I am seeing a pattern here....

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 12 years later...

All without exception or all without distinction.

I remember questioning those during the PFAL class.  The coordinator ignored the question and handled me.  Because of course VP couldn’t make a GASP …. mistake in the teaching of the holy Plaffy the best text available since Arius of Alexandria.

• Like 1

Believe to live abundantly on a genuine need basis. Adundantly and need basis are contradictory terms. I mean, I could live abundantly in a prison cell having my need met with three hots and a cot because that's all I would need so comissary would be my abundance...ya...

main-qimg-5c7d68cdd8250f993d09656832d4aa

• Like 1

Maybe a bit off topic but : "Would you be blessed to ...?"

Which usually meant, "You will do this whether you want to or not.  Because I'm telling you to."

On 5/1/2023 at 4:50 AM, Twinky said:

Maybe a bit off topic but : "Would you be blessed to ...?"

Which usually meant, "You will do this whether you want to or not.  Because I'm telling you to."

Man....I used to hate hearing those words....and it was as you say for me as welll.....suggetion of a leader is paramount to a command type crap...would you be blessed to....no I wouldnt be blessed...leads to ....welll why wouldnt you be blessed?