GreaseSpot Cafe

Which Way?

Well, my spelling was off. It is actually the Noahic laws, they are the 7 commandments given to Noah after the flood:

1) to establish courts of justice

2) not to commit blasphemy

3) not to commit idolatry

4) not to commit incest and adultery

5) not to commit bloodshed

6) not to commit robbery and

7) not to eat flesh cut from a living animal.

SOURCE

• Upvote 1

I read a beautiful article this morning that shows the heart of a true teacher and leader. The full article CAN BE FOUND HERE

I will quote a few of the parts that I found moving:

" . . . .today we would not have a Second Passover. But Moses heard the Jews protest "Why should we lose out?" and he saw that it pained them. Seeing their pain, he was pained too. In pain he turned to G‑d, certain that G‑d would respond with a solution that would allow these individuals to have another chance.

We cannot just sit quietly; we must all ask "Why should we lose out?" Why should we not be a part of the Jewish tradition to the fullest degree possible—every individual on his or her level? And when we protest, G‑d arranges the possibilities and capabilities to fully participate."

This is God's way, not the legalism we have seen offered in this thread.

And this as well is God's way . . . .

"I have asked: What does a man who was born in Russia and resides in Brooklyn have with Moroccan Jews in Casablanca? What does an Ashkenazi rabbi in the United States have with Sephardic Jews in Morocco? What motivated him to come to their aid?

I have one answer. It is because he felt for every single Jew. He was concerned for every individual and for the entire Jewish nation, not just a certain group; and every single person was important to him. He wanted all Jews to follow their parents' traditions, whether it was Ashkenazi or Sephardic."

IMO, that is the right way, whether you are Jewish, Christian, Muslem, Pagan, etc. etc. etc.