GreaseSpot Cafe

Anti-Semitism Questions

James Trimm

I think *dr*(?) wierwille was a man of gawd about in the same manner "Dr" Mengela was a family physician..

wierwille's follower, loy c martindale publically stated that the "Jews were no more God's people than the Apache Indians.."

Grr...from what I've been reading here I'm actually beginning to develop a hatred for this wrewill guy.

I never really had an emotion either way.

But when you demonstrate yourself to be a hateful bastard, then yeah, I can hate you back.

wierwille's follower, loy c martindale publically stated that the "Jews were no more God's people than the Apache Indians.."

or something to that effect..

I was there, when he (Loy boy) was on stage "proclaiming that statement".

Don't ask me what stage, or what year. I saw him on too many stages, over too many years.

After a while, they all kind of seemed the same, ya know? (SSDD kind of thing).

At the time, I believed it. These days I think: "What arrogance".

I was there, when he (Loy boy) was on stage "proclaiming that statement".

Don't ask me what stage, or what year. I saw him on too many stages, over too many years.

Dude - you can't remember because we heard it so many times from so many stages - the antisemitism was rather rampant

What was his obsession with the APACHES, anyway?

He was ALWAYS comparing them with the APACHES.

Never the Sioux, the Navajo, the Cherokee....

Probably all he knew about and thought other tribes were synonyms. Remember how big he was into synonyms? :biglaugh:

Kristen Skedgell, in her book Losing the Way said that she saw a paper VP wrote saying something along the lines that Hitler had the right idea in exterminating the Jews, just the wrong method. I never heard him say that myself and I never read any writing from Wierwille that said that. Just some food for thought.

Does anyone have insight on this issue? I would love to know the truth.

why limit the question to the jewish branch?

twi theology is also anti-protestant, anti-catholic, anti-apache, anti-hindu, anti-buddhist, anti-taoist, anti-zen, anti-quaker, anti-celt, anti-psychology, anti-science, anti-anthropology, anti-medicine, anti-the overwhelming majority of art and language history...yada yada yada

but for what?

• Upvote 1

In the past the Way International has been accused of Anti-Semitism

For example the ADL in 1982:

Anti-Defamation League accuses religious group of Anti-Semitism

St. Petersberg Times - July 24, 1982 p. 37

My link

And one of the largest newspapers in Arkansas in 1995:

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette says concerning The Way International: ”Charges of anti-Semitism brought more unwanted publicity when followers were urged to read

“The Myth of the Six Million” and “The Hoax of the Twentieth Century.” Both

books cast doubt on the Holocaust. Six ex-followers have told the Arkansas

Democrat-Gazettethat Wierwille and other Way leaders had taught that the

Holocaust was a myth concocted by the Jews.”

- The Way: After a family breaks up, questions arise about the group; By Mary Hargrove; Arkansas Democrat-Gazette Staff Writer

October 15, 1995

My link

I understand TWI denies any anti-Semitism.

Does anyone have insight on this issue? I would love to know the truth.

Hi James,

I just wanted to mention that the Arkansas Democrat Gazette article you posted refers, by name, to a certain leader, Monty H. who, as far as I know is still "in". I knew him quite well at the time...well, a little earlier than that when he was Asst. LC.

I once asked a leader (not the one mentioned in the article, but his predecessor) about what I perceived as an underlying anti holocaust tone in the ministry which I'd never noticed until LCM became grand poobah. He explained that since there were no longer any actual Jews (they all were killed by Romans at Masada), all those people who Hitler thought were Jews, weren't really Jews as the real Jews were long since replaced by Eastern Europeans so since all those people killed weren't actually Jews, only pretend Jews, there was no actual holocaust.

TWI logic was a thing of epic wonder.

Edited by Ron G.
  • Upvote 1

I once asked a leader (not the one mentioned in the article, but his predecessor) about what I perceived as an underlying anti holocaust tone in the ministry which I'd never noticed until LCM became grand poobah. He explained that since there were no longer any actual Jews (they all were killed by Romans at Masada), all those people who Hitler thought were Jews, weren't really Jews as the real Jews were long since replaced by Eastern Europeans so since all those people killed weren't actually Jews, only pretend Jews, there was no actual holocaust.

TWI logic was a thing of epic wonder.

That's just stupid. And epic wonder is right on the money.

I wonder what has become of our good friend Dr. James Trimm here with the anti-semitism questions? He seemed to get all excited about posting here, and then disappeared.

I guess some of your research types are more comfortable with interacting with thousand year old texts than they are with people.

I wonder what has become of our good friend Dr. James Trimm here with the anti-semitism questions? He seemed to get all excited about posting here, and then disappeared.

I guess some of your research types are more comfortable with interacting with thousand year old texts than they are with people.

I am still here, two of my threads were moved to the Doctrinal section. On this thread I am doing a lot of listening.

James, I am happy you are here too. I think we believe differently and I also think that is cool. I completely respect where you are coming from and have been honored to learn from you and about what you believe. I appreciate it. Please stick around.

On another note, is there anyway for me to get my paws on court transcripts? If you could post them here you would gain a lot of insight from folks here.

If you can't I understand. Really, all I need is the courthouse and I am happy to do the rest.

James, I am happy you are here too. I think we believe differently and I also think that is cool. I completely respect where you are coming from and have been honored to learn from you and about what you believe. I appreciate it. Please stick around.

On another note, is there anyway for me to get my paws on court transcripts? If you could post them here you would gain a lot of insight from folks here.

If you can't I understand. Really, all I need is the courthouse and I am happy to do the rest.

There are no court transcripts because after discovery and depositions and TWI chose to settle the case before we actually got into the court room.

There are no court transcripts because after discovery and depositions and TWI chose to settle the case before we actually got into the court room.

Too bad. They would have been interesting.

Without court transcripts, are there any legal documents that are accessible to the

public that stated the settlement,

or is the settlement something we have to completely accept your word on?

Too bad. They would have been interesting.

Without court transcripts, are there any legal documents that are accessible to the

public that stated the settlement,

or is the settlement something we have to completely accept your word on?

WordWolf,

Rest assured that if I have lied about the settlement, or its terms, both here and on our own Social Network with over 1,000 members (http://www.nazarenespace.com) and several other places on the internet, TWI and its attorneys would be all over me!

:offtopic:

What was his obsession with the APACHES, anyway?

He was ALWAYS comparing them with the APACHES.

Never the Sioux, the Navajo, the Cherokee....

FWIW, I just found this in my journal: a lunchtime sharing (?) by LCM in October 1992:

"So what if this land, this area, had been populated by Indians? They're a bloodthirsty lot, killers, pagans. This land is for God's people - especially this land. That's what Dr Wierwille taught us. And that takes on a bigger significance in the light of the [declarations in the constitution by the] founding fathers."

Now, I wonder what one of my Corps sisters might have made of that - being as she was from a native American tribe although not one that was from that area.

Nor was she from any of the tribes WW mentions.

This came after insulting Europeans and their "spiritual darkness."

That man surely had read, "How to win Friends and Influence People" - yeah, right.

A complete lack of empathy... And the attitude that anyone who wasn't a part of Zion, the Household of God was basically no better than an animal... And the idea that those who are the winners (victors) must have been backed by God - losers (victims) did something to deserve what they got...

A recipe for cruelty. It's a good thing twi never gained any political power.

WordWolf,

Rest assured that if I have lied about the settlement, or its terms, both here and on our own Social Network with over 1,000 members (http://www.nazarenespace.com) and several other places on the internet, TWI and its attorneys would be all over me!

I've mentioned before that a lack of twi suing tends to support they were

UNABLE to sue, since they'll sue anything and anyone they can.

That having been said, I really look for more than that as support for any claim.

I'm still hoping for something we can look through.

Not simply to see if what you said is correct, but the general subject of twi lawsuits

interests the locals on the board, of whom I am one.