GreaseSpot Cafe

way corpse vs Marine Corps

Ham

It was touted as the "spiritual" version of the Marine Corps..

but considering the *few* differences a civilian can observe:

The Marine Corps basic training lasts thirteen weeks. (from what I've read) at the end of that time, one is ready to go into combat anywhere in the world. Knowledgeable enough about hand to hand fighting, how to use a rifle, etc. etc..

The way corpse on the other hand.. it's over THREE YEARS before one is *really* sent out to *battle* in the field, so to speak.. why so long?

In the corpse, one is given in-depth spiritual exercises.. such as

Filling out one's floss chart. Daily. Go, stand and floss in da name of the lard (hogdafat). Spending the least on dental care at least..

Does a recruit in boot camp in the *real deal* have to fill out a daily floss chart? Sign out on a form, when going to the urinal?

I'm sure there are lots of differences.. but these are just starters.. maybe somebody "in the know" could share what the *real* corps is like..

:)

I was never a marine, but the in-residentured way corpse training is totally worthless. The degree a person "earns" is basically shredder food.

Way Corps training:

work / study program

exercise geared towards a person with little time

brush floss chart

knowles breathing

write a journal

write spiritual partner letters

pray for spiritual partners

work in the in-residentured corpse garden on saturdays and evenings

take a myriad of classes that are a shell of a real college level course

repeat over and over again the way of abundance and power series

spend much time in all things way ministry publications

partake of many many forced sharings about what blessed "me"

work in household responsibilities: basiclly departmental jobs to support the service

work as a group in myriad work projects (at least the seemed innumerable)

LEAD, unless your group gets a pass

There is probably a little more or a little less now but that was the meat and potatoes of when I was there.

I'll leave it to Gen2 to post a little real Marine lifestyle. Sorry to put on the spot Gen2...well not really but it sounded sincere for a second....no?....oh well... :biglaugh:

And for the record, living the training is worse that reading about it - by far. Had I known what lay in store I would NEVER have gone through with it!

I almost forgot something:

Way Corps Evaluations. These are completed by your department coordinators primarily with some REALLY loaded questions. Are the evals reviewed with you? Perhaps now, but I NEVER had one reviewed with me. I was told they were filled out from time to time. I had the displeasure of being responsible to fill out a LOT of them on apprentice and in-rez corps both. It was absolutely horrible. They are worded and designed to dig up dirt that can be used against people. I would wager they were written back in the day when the Okie Doofus wanted to thin the ranks. Great job Forehead! No one is left!!

They are based on 1 Timothy 3 - a.k.a known as qualifications for leadership.

On these evals, filled out by people who are supposed to know you from working with you for a few hours a day, the training is "tailored" to make sure you get what you "need."

When the Marines break you down in basic training, it's with a view toward building you back up in a stronger, more vibrant form. That's the ingredient that Wierwille either missed or purposely ignored with his Way Corps indoctrination recipe.

When the Marines break you down in basic training, it's with a view toward building you back up in a stronger, more vibrant form. That's the ingredient that Wierwille either missed or purposely ignored with his Way Corps indoctrination recipe.

Yes. And just to be clear there is a breaking down process called the first block. It's a 4 month period where things are VERY restrictive. This is where they exert total control over a person and then gradual loosen it a little in the second and third block. I thought I was going to lose my mind several times during the first block during both years. But there is no building you back up. A person is broken and then slowly reshaped into someone who will do whatever is needed for the directors...aka.. Rosalie.

Yes. And just to be clear there is a breaking down process called the first block. It's a 4 month period where things are VERY restrictive. This is where they exert total control over a person and then gradual loosen it a little in the second and third block. I thought I was going to lose my mind several times during the first block during both years. But there is no building you back up. A person is broken and then slowly reshaped into someone who will do whatever is needed for the directors...aka.. Rosalie.

which is "interesting".

four months.. translates into about seventeen weeks. its like WAY past the thirteen weeks the Marine Corps requires for basic training..

then it goes on. barely lighten up the restraints and isolationism..

I think that might be what you referred to. No time is given for the particular *individual* to be reformed.. in the organization, on a MEANINGFUL level..

at least.. from what I've observed and heard related to me..

after thirteen weeks of intense training, a Marine is fully prepared to kick.. a**..

true, or not?

I was never in the Way Corpsbut I was in the Marine Corps.

We paid attention because dying is not desirable

Two months after I left Paris Island I saw my first human being turn into pink foam in Bosnia

I think the comparisons between these two programs are going to be few.

Oh and I just watched a rocket lift off from the cape as I typed this.

Found an article on it:

The Air Force and United Launch Alliance launched a Delta IV rocket and Global Positioning Systems satellite tonight on the mission's fourth launch attempt

http://flametrench.flatoday.net/

Edited by Gen-2

I dunno, to me it's really an insult to the Marine Corps for these cornfield bone heads to compare some contrived piece of garbage like way corps training to the Marine Corps. I get the idea too, that a person would go anywhere and do anything for God at a moments notice. Yet, the directors hunker down in their homes and offices and let others know where the need to go. I know where the directors need to go. The need to goto Helen Waite.

I wasn't in the corps, Marine or Way. I was in the Army and I was on staff.

The biggest difference I saw was that after the first 3 weeks of Basic Training, you were encouraged to think. After the first 3 weeks of advanced training, you were encouraged to take initiative and resolve problems on your own. I never saw that amongst the later corps residents or grads. I was repairing tactical nuclear weapons at age 19 in the Army.

Another huge difference is loyalty. "Once a Marine, always a Marine" isn't just a saying. Nobody strips you of your veteran's status because a new forehead comes in and rewrites all the rules. In the military, you *always* have a certain level of respect or privilege and you are entitled to it's benefits. Time and time again, Corps residents and grads that supported the ministry with their lives were turned out with less consideration than a stray dog. That doesn't happen in the military.

Frankly, I'd like to know why VPW didn't serve in the military if he thought so highly about it. I think I know why Loy didn't.

The Air Force and United Launch Alliance launched a Delta IV rocket and Global Positioning Systems satellite tonight on the mission's fourth launch attempt

Heh heh heh - remind me to PM you about the Delta IV heavy

Way Corps vs. Marine Corps

OK - the original thought or idea was marketed to be something like "we see these highly trained people with life and death commitment that will give their life for their country, what about people doing the same thing for God?"

And many of us flocked to the idea. We wanted to have that commitment to God. We believed what these leaders were telling us. We obeyed what they said, we sacrificed what they said, we changed what they said, we moved when they said, and we did it all largely on a volunteer basis. And then you find yourself years down the road and you wonder how you got there.

Your family has long been left behind. Your friends are only people in similar responsibilities because you can't really be friends with people and minister to them - they lose respect. Your career you've never focused on. Your education you forsook to do this thing that didn't even give you a transcript that you can use if you want to get educated later. I've heard plenty of people / Corps say I gave the best years of my life to the Way ministry, now I have nothing. The Way ministry has no loyalty to them. It will discard them in an instant. Geez I know people who have been dropped, discarded, then hung around begging for scraps, and have gone back through the program again - 8 years instead of 4 - all to have their status back to "active". What do they have to show for it? A d@mn piece of paper that I can print up for $1.39 at a print shop? They seem like lemmings, that will run right off a cliff if led in that direction and others are going there.

If it actually stood for something that might be different. But you see these people, they've done this for 20, 30, 40 years and the fruit they produce in their lives is just putrid. You see Jesus' teachings about leaders being servants and then you see these clowns arranging everyone else around them and their convenience, using people up and spitting them out, demanding absolutely everything and giving little or nothing to them. You see politics like you scarcely do in the world, even in a bad economy. You see lies, and more lies. You see people selling their soul for a piece of bread. You see people whose greatest excitement in life is "how close" their relationship is to the top doggette. God it just all makes me want to throw up for days. Worse than food poisoning. And these false ministers I know makes God's stomach just as sick. Saying they are speaking for God and feeding their own belly with lust for power and position.

The Marines is just a whole different category. The military is a career, a way up and out, a way to obtain money for education if you don't have it. People know signing up that fighting for your country you have to deploy. They do it, they move, but they also have a career. They can serve their country for 20 years, retire, then have a second career with 2 incomes. Basic training - what 13 weeks? Then you go to a different training? Couple of schools - jump school, ammo, mechanics, computers, whatever.

Try putting "The Way" on a resume. Watch the puzzling looks ensue. Why did you move so much? Do you have a criminal record? So you worked in the kitchen for years? Did you go to culinary school? No? Computer experience with latest software? No? You used Word Pefect? Is that still around? You were a "manager"? What did you "manage"? I mean it just takes so much work to translate any of that BS into something that is "real".

I mean, no wonder there's splinter groups. You kick a bunch of these guys out and what are they going to do? Move down the road, use their influence with the people they've built a relationship with by not hiding out in an office, and try to keep working as a minister. Record a couple classes on video. Start a newsletter, travel to visit people. "Ordain" other people so they feel important and are committed to help you further your ends.

Do you think God needs all that? He doesn't need money - He's God. He doesn't need you to bring Him lunch. He just wants your love, your fellowship, your allegiance. Talk to Him. All this other BS is just like the Tower of Babel. People scurrying around like little ants building up a tower to see if they by their designs can reach up to God. "But people are blessed in my tower I've built. But see how much higher they are than the other humans around?" Eventually that reasoning will lead to "let's start a war".

The Marine Corps. It's a career, it's a lifestyle. It's an attitude. Semper Fi - oorah. It's tough. It is what it is, and doesn't bill to be anything different.

The Way Corps? It's a frickin' house of cards, man. It's built upon hype, a lie, an image in a mind, a plastic green marble colored nametag that only you are allowed to wear at certain events. An assignment letter every year. And a bunch of bondage. Be willing to change anything and everything about yourself for the privilege to "minister to God's people". Or rather follow someone who doesn't deserve to be followed, and foster co-dependents all across the planet.

God doesn't want that. That's not Jesus Christ, and no man can lay a genuine foundation except it be upon Jesus Christ.

• Upvote 2

I was never in the Way Corpsbut I was in the Marine Corps.

We paid attention because dying is not desirable

Two months after I left Paris Island I saw my first human being turn into pink foam in Bosnia

I think the comparisons between these two programs are going to be few.

Found an article on it:

I really love the "subtle" references in the link..

maybe.. thats what they need..

The Way Corps? It's a frickin' house of cards, man. It's built upon hype, a lie, an image in a mind, a plastic green marble colored nametag that only you are allowed to wear at certain events. An assignment letter every year. And a bunch of bondage. Be willing to change anything and everything about yourself for the privilege to "minister to God's people". Or rather follow someone who doesn't deserve to be followed, and foster co-dependents all across the planet.

All of The Way International......makes exaggerated claims.

The Way, Inc.......modeled after The First Century Church. Really? Seems like it's hq is modeled after the Jerusalem setup where the Apostle Paul confronted their legalism.

The Way Corps......with its servitude, I tend to think wierwille copied The Peace Corps.

The Way Woods......wierwille touted these "woods" as a special, spiritual place.

Way Homes..........where hot believers lived together and were a nucleus for moving the word.

Way Productions....'rightly-divided' lyrics and music to bless and inspire all believers.

Way Builders.......twi's concept of the building trades (blah, blah, blah).

Way Disciples......couldn't implement Disciples for Christ, it was already taken.

The Way of Abundance and Power.....gotta pump 'The Way' in the class doncha know.

<_< -- market it and 'they will come.'

Just the fact that TWI's WC was promoted as a place where they would train you was off..

I mean, in the Marine Corps they at least train people for their job..

What job is TWI training people for, and how much training does one really need for that?

Let's see, we were trained to do as we were told..

There was no training in scripture, since it was all a rehash of The Way classes.

Bo1cha1k's public speaking stuff was a farce, IMHO.

Oh, oh, I know, we were taught to climb rocks! Yeah, that'll help while leading people.. up a mountain!

Yeah, I just don't get it.. 3 years of training when it really could be done in a week probably. And much of the training was wrong.. (The Way classes, Greek, Public speaking, etc, etc...) all so we could just follow orders and not learn to think.. Gee, I don't think I needed any time to learn that.

Granted I was a late graduate.. After 2000... So it may have paled in comparison to the early days.. You know, the new dynamic church, always changing, getting less and less, and worse and worse, and one day, just a corpse left..

The only training where any real expert education came in was the

Dale Carnegie Sales training. That tells you slick vic's priorities right there.

The way corps was expected to be a big sales force after graduation.

Before graduation, of course, you were unpaid labor, and the prospective

pool of victims for vpw and his criminal gang. Considering you all paid for

the privilege of working for twi, it was very profitable for them, from a

soulless, financial point of view.

On the other hand, the wow program was a program where you paid money to

run pfal classes and recruit more people to twi, who would then be expected

to pay 10% of their income to twi.

No, that was also very profitable for them, from a soulless, financial

point of view.

The Way didn't amass 53 million dollars from class tuitions. In my opinion, Wierwille's vision was that those classes would establish a core of people who would continually give money (ABS) to TWI on a consistent and long-term basis.

The Way didn't amass 53 million dollars from class tuitions. In my opinion, Wierwille's vision was that those classes would establish a core of people who would continually give money (ABS) to TWI on a consistent and long-term basis.

No argument there!

However, REAL churches have programs that operate at a financial LOSS

because they're designed for the benefit of the people, not to make money.

twi, as an organization, NEVER ran anything where a financial profit was

not expected.

Unless you count vpw's plane, vpw's motorcycle fleet,

paying for DAILY Drambuie and cigars for vpw.....

Whatever this "training" did to some of those guys, it sure seems effective..

more than twenty years after they got kicked out.. some STILL think it was all so "special".. still think j.l. really has a gawd given ministry or something.

and he seems to have a core following that STILL supports him.. despite his sexual "indiscretions" in his way days.. along with his ongoing struggle with the likes of momentus, personal "prophecy" and the like..

did somebody buy him an rv yet?

The whole scenario, to me is just flabbergasting..

:biglaugh:

I knew characters who when "separated" from da way, had a hard time trying to find a place to give their fifteen percent.. "oh my gawd.. whadda I DO with it???"

seems pretty pathetic.. scouring the earth looking for another multi-level marketing religious scam to throw money to..

• 1 month later...

The Marine Corps has built godly character into its people. When my son was almost not going to graduate from high school the good Lord sent a twi Marine to our twig. He took time out from his busy schedule to be Paul's friend and get him signed up for the Marines. (They had a requirement of high school graduation!)

Paul's friends in the Marines got him through high school, through boot camp, through his tour in the Marines and through countless hurdles of life.

I will ever be thankful for what the Marines do "over there" and also by the help they give to countless children who have not learned courage, loyalty, honesty, and brotherly kindness.

After being in the twi corps (accurately called corpse) I see a basic difference in the two groups that one teaches godly character and the other teaches ungodliness.

Some kids that go into the Marines take drugs and cheat on their wives, but that is not the doctrine. In twi corpse the doctrine is ungodliness.