GreaseSpot Cafe

High Country Caravan

Jim

still no Good Seed, Selah, of Pressed Down(mixed feeling on Joyful Noise), and certainly no Hillsong, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, or Don Moen.

still no Good Seed, Selah, of Pressed Down(mixed feeling on Joyful Noise), and certainly no Hillsong, Casting Crowns, Chris Tomlin, or Don Moen.

was refering to High Country Caravan not being in the same league as the above mentioned groups/people music-wise.

"mixed feeling on Joyful Noise.."

The blue purple and green tapes,... and there was one done for the 200th birthday of America. They did a lot of songs. I think the "Ladies of the Way" still do some of their songs (poorly).

I remember listening to them back when My Dad had those tapes stored in the attic, around 1998 - 2000.

Just curious,... why "mixed feelings"? What was different about them? The tapes were damaged and tossed afet the roof got messed up on my dad's house back in 2004, so I can't go back and try to figure it out. Was it just that when they were younger they were good and they sort of lost heart as they went along? Your personal tastes, or something else... ?

The blue purple and green tapes,... and there was one done for the 200th birthday of America. They did a lot of songs. I think the "Ladies of the Way" still do some of their songs (poorly).

I remember listening to them back when My Dad had those tapes stored in the attic, around 1998 - 2000.

Just curious,... why "mixed feelings"? What was different about them? The tapes were damaged and tossed afet the roof got messed up on my dad's house back in 2004, so I can't go back and try to figure it out. Was it just that when they were younger they were good and they sort of lost heart as they went along? Your personal tastes, or something else... ?

You mean the "Swinging Ladies of the Drapes and Karaoke"???

LOL The ones I saw in some Video Clip, looked better and could never all quite turn at the same time when the performed.....

Uhm,.... n/m

some of the songs were excellent, especially Brian Bliss and Dean Ellenwood. Others were too corny and were not of the same quality. Paul Vegillio's first 2 albums were good. Pressed Down went country in Heartbeat. After America Awakes and 1976, felt more Lawerence Welk/Mitch Miller/Johnny Mann. Nowhere close to CCM in the last decade.

the blond lady looks like she is ready to cry. Strange,early WP singers did smile. btw, I assure we choir directors are not dragons and we do not bite. well, with no diseases :biglaugh:

IMHO, Joyful Noyse was comprised of a group of very talented musicians. I think they were trying, at the time, to break out of rock in order to appeal to a wider base. It took them time to find their identity and hit a type of stride. I agree they were kind of "smaltzy" in their early days. But even then they wrote some great songs like "Thankful", "Open Your Heart", "Sons of God", and more.

I thought they were producing some quality music in their later years. Songs like, "He Lifted Me, "Go, Stand, Speak" and more. Just my opinion. They had a tough job.

I left TWI in December 1979, which means last ROA was that August and Stevie Kay was planning to leave JN after producing her solo album. Agape outside of Fireside Song was boring. After America Awakes album, Way Productions went downhill. Wish there had been more rock style music and to H@!! to the Vickster.

• 2 weeks later...

I left TWI in December 1979, which means last ROA was that August and Stevie Kay was planning to leave JN after producing her solo album. Agape outside of Fireside Song was boring. After America Awakes album, Way Productions went downhill. Wish there had been more rock style music and to H@!! to the Vickster.

Dean E. wrote a couple of nice songs after America Awakes, "He Lifted Me" and "I'm Proud of my Country's Heritage". TWI formed a group called "Takit" that played rock. I was never terribly impressed with them even if they did have Garibaldi on drums and Hoeffer on lead. Pressed down cut a nice album in spite of everything. I can't remember the name of it. Joe F. still seemed to be able to put his heart in his music. Maybe you were talking just about Joyful Noise. I think TWI started leaning toward country music with "Branded". Dave Lutz added a lot to Way Productions. There really were some good musicians in TWI.

Edited by erkjohn

Amen, brother. I remember a decent rock band from Michigan in the '80's. Heirborn. They were in the music challenge. I used to have one of their cassettes.

gallery4526310927.jpg

why is it.. the third lady in the back row from the left of they guy in a bad tuxedo.. looks like the living dead..

really.. pale skin, like.. exposure to sunlight is verboten or something..

the rest of them.. just look drained..