GreaseSpot Cafe

Thoughts on VPW from an Outsider

James Trimm

It's the same reason that the degrees conferred upon Way Corps grads are virtually worthless outside the gates of TWI Zion.

Likewise with the "Doctorate" Wierwille made boast of.

I'm tempted to tie it back into the "Thus Saith Paul" thread but I probably shouldn't.

edit: The quotes in my previous post were not authored by me. They are from the the link I provided.

Edited by waysider

If you want to understand the foundations of our authority to administer the Worldwide Nazarene Assembly of Elohim read the following free book:

The Apostasy and Restoration

http://www.lulu.com/items/volume_68/8676000/8676568/2/print/restore2.pdf

James Trimm's doctorate has been used to promote his website "Yeshiva" or simply put, a Jewish Rabbinical School. He stated in an internet email, and on his website that, "Beit Netzarim Nazarene Yeshiva functions under the approbation of the International Nazarene Beit Din."

James Trimm set up the International Nazarene Beit Din, with himself and a few others on the board, and then authorized himself to form the school called, Beit Netzarim Yeshiva, although he isn't Jewish.

The "International Beit Din," then, is the so-called "Jewish authority" formed and headed by James. That means he gets his authority from, makes decisions for and is basically answerable to, himself.

SOURCE

Sounds a bit like a certain "Doctor" some of us remember----Dat's Riiiiigggghhhhttt!

No offense intended but I don't really need to read an entire book to recognize circular logic. I got plenty of experience, staring at it face-to-face, in The Way.

edit: I hereby confer upon myself the honorary degree of Doctor of Circular Logic Recognition by the powers vested in me by myself.

Edited by waysider

I remember when The Way started to ordain people on a large scale. Someone asked about whether "The World" would recognize the ordinations. The answer that came back was, "Oh, we don't do the ordaining, Gawd does. We just celebrate it with a ritual ceremony."

mere talk...mere translations...mere mental concepts...mere exclusiveness and elitism...mere ethnic linguistic legalities

as if

no living practice...no tangible disciplines...no practical wisdom...no embodied examples...no demonstrable proof that even comes close to supporting such bold claims of such global interpretive supremacy

like clouds without rain...welcome to the desert..again

Sure, so you picked three friends who may or may not even be Jewish and they appointed you as a Rabbi over a school you started. Yup, that's perfectly credible. And what, precisely, qualified your friends to be elders, other than the fact that you wanted it to be so?

Then you used your fake ordination to put people under laws that even God never put people under. Yup, this is very fitting for about The Way. VPW got his papermill doctorate, manipulated his ordination, set up a church with a school, and put people under laws that even God never put them under.

I guess a cult is a cult is a cult is a cult. The m.o. is the same.

I don't have to take this abuse from you...

I've got thousands of people out there that want to abuse ME.

lol...it's like trying to teach someone how to do a job that you have never done yourself

words without the power of them working within.......

which is required because each needs taught differently by the same God

I don't have to take this abuse from you...

I've got thousands of people out there that want to abuse ME.

ROFLOL. Now there is a side of you that could actually be likeable. Humor! Good for you James. I'm still not drinking your kool aide, but I can appreciate a good laugh. :)

Didn't the original Mormon elders ordain each other, because there were "no true leaders" out there to confer the authority?

George

IIRC, they did, with 2 different orders of ordination.

So, they ordained each other with the first order,

then ordained each other with the second order.

IIRC, they did, with 2 different orders of ordination.

So, they ordained each other with the first order,

then ordained each other with the second order.

Actually with the first level ordination they ordained each other.

With the second level they claim Peter, James and John descended from heaven and ordained them...

Actually with the first level ordination they ordained each other.

With the second level they claim Peter, James and John descended from heaven and ordained them...

Well the one thing that you could never say about Joe Smith is that he didn't have an active imagination.

Now James. You owned the Website for the college, which you once used to convince someone you had a degree (circa 2003). I have the particulars - but my question is WHY? Why did you do that, and you did make an attempt to decieve others into believing it was "outside" confirmation. You realize, of course that that idiotic maneuver forever tarnished you as a liar. The college never owned that site. James Trimm did. And pretending to be a third person wrote to a group, telling them - you or james trimm can go there and look.

Rather silly. Why did you do that?

• Upvote 1

Now James. You owned the Website for the college, which you once used to convince someone you had a degree (circa 2003). I have the particulars - but my question is WHY? Why did you do that, and you did make an attempt to decieve others into believing it was "outside" confirmation. You realize, of course that that idiotic maneuver forever tarnished you as a liar. The college never owned that site. James Trimm did. And pretending to be a third person wrote to a group, telling them - you or james trimm can go there and look.

Rather silly. Why did you do that?

I have no idea what "particulars" you think you have, but that is totally false.

James, You are also a Rabbi?

"Rabbi Yosef - Based largely on research by other authors."

(No Doubt)

Also in one article (as The Rabbi), you quote James Scott Trimm (amusing)

"There has been much discusion in Messiaic Jewish circles about the prophetic fulfiment of the Jewish Holy Days. What has been missed is that the Jewish Holy Days of Rosh HaShanna and Yom Kippur are fulfilled in the giving of the Book of Mormon. To set the stage for this I quote from James Scott Trimm:"

..........(Article continues... and is signed at the end..)

"Rabbi Yosef - THE USE OF MATERIAL QUOTED FROM JAMES SCOTT TRIMM SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED TO IMPLY THAT TRIMM ADVOCATES THE BOOK OF MORMON."

(Seriously funny stuff, that -James)

Are you still Yosef benYehudah (rabbiyosef@hotmail.com)

In 1999, you were posting both as James Trimm and the Rabbi at chofjclist · Church of Jesus Christ List. Again The Rabbi and Trimm, as two different, distinct people.

I read several of the posts. The Good Rabbi was a strong supporter of James Trimm's views there in that forum. (Deleted posts on Yahoo Groups are archived, even though they cannot be viewed at the group - Yahoo saves everything, BTW) Having a Rabbi at your disposal to support you is such a wonderful thing, it lends weight and authority to the words of Dr. James Trimm's views.

I'm amused,... and there's a lot more that I found...

Again,... why did you do this? Why the duplicity?

Do you need me to put out the sources (proof) to jog your memory?

You know, a lot of people here at GSC aren't worried about your doctrine,... just your character. Why not just admit what you've done and get it off your chest?

That's my point.

• Upvote 1

Oh if only this were in the doctrinal section. So James would require people to attend the Synogogue on a weekly basis, even though Jewish Law has no such decree. But, he would say the most holy of all holidays was fulfilled by the Book of Mormom??? My head hearts just trying to make sense of that!!

He's been at this for a long time Abigail.

In fact the Book of Mormons is one of his favorite Jewish subjects

Back in 1997 he wrote this gem,... oh, and as a Rabbi, quoting himself - touching!

=========================================================

KAL V'KHOMER IN THE BOOK OF MORMON Kal v'khomer is one of the Seven Rulles of Hillel. James Trimmwrites concerning Kal v'khomer: Kal v'khomer is one of the seven rules for understanding the scriptures written by Hillel. Hillel did not invent the rules, in fact they are so old we see them used in the Tenach. The kol v'komer thoughtform is used to make an argument from lesser weight based on one of greater weight. It may be expressed as: If X is true of Y then how much more X must be true of Z (Where Z is of greater weight than Y) A kol v'khomer argument is often, but not always, signalled by a phrase like "how much more..." (KAL V'KHOMER IN THE NEW TESTAMENT by James Scott Trimm) Trimm cites several examples of kal v'khomer in the Tanakh. For example: Behold the righteous shall be recompensed in the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner. (Prov. 11:31) And: If you have run with footmen and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? (Jer. 12:5a) Other Tanakh examples to look at: Dt. 31:27; 1Sam. 23:3; Jer. 12:5b; Ezkl. 15:5; Esther 9:12 Trimm also cites several examples of kal v'khomer in the New Testament: If a man recieves circumcision on the Sabbath, so that the Law of Moses should not be broken, are you angry with me because I made a man completely well on the sabbath? (Jn. 7:23) And: What man is there among you who has one sheep, and if it falls into a pit on the Sabbath, will not lay hold of it and lift it out? Of how much more value then is a man than a sheep? Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath. (Mt. 12:11-12)Other NT examples are: Mt. 6:26, 30 = Lk. 12:24, 28 Mt. 7:11 = Lk. 11:13 Mt. 10:25 & Jn. 15:18-20 Mt. 12:12 & Jn. 7:23 Rom. 5:8-9, 10, 15, 17; 11:12, 24 1Cor. 9:11-12; 12:22 2Cor. 3:7-9, 11 Philip. 2:12 Phil. 1:16 Heb. 2:2-3; 9:13-14; 10:28-29; 12:9, 25 Now the kal v'khomer thoughtform is also found on several occasionsin the Book of Mormon. The following are some examples: And now, if the Lord has such great power, and has wrought so many miacles among the children of men, how is it that he cannot instruct me, that I should build a ship? (1Ne. 17:51) And now, if the Lamb of God, he being holy, should have need to be immersed by water, to fulfil all righteousness, O then, how much more need have we, being unholy, to be immersed, yes, even by water! (2Ne. 31:5)Other Book of Mormon examples are: 1Ne. 3:31; 4:1; 7:8-12 Mosiah 4:22 Alma 32:18-19 3Ne. 13:26; 14:11This use of the Semitic thought-form kal v'khomer clearly points to theJewish background of the Book of Mormon.Rabbi YosefTHE USE OF QUOTATIONS BY JAMES SCOTT TRIMM SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS TOINDICATE THAT TRIMM ADVOCATES THE BOOK OF MORMON.

• Upvote 1

Ok, I have refrained from the fray to give this a little time to play out. James, bug off. You have been exposed as a fraud. Move along and quit spamming up the joint with your lengthy, dazzle them with B.S. posts, and I pray the sheepdogs keep you at bay wherever you go. Bye-bye.

Oh if only this were in the doctrinal section. So James would require people to attend the Synogogue on a weekly basis, even though Jewish Law has no such decree. But, he would say the most holy of all holidays was fulfilled by the Book of Mormom??? My head hearts just trying to make sense of that!!

Don't bother.

Apparently, 2+2=4 when dealing with Christians,

2+2=3 when dealing with Jews,

2+2=5 when dealing with Mormons,

with the truth of the speaker changing, depending on the audience.

Okay,... I got this from Rutgers by asking the University webmaster, He sent me all the files (even the ones with blocked content. But he also informed me that many of the old files are archived, like this:

Another example

Still I wanted that webpage that the Rabbi made for himself, an HTML page - it's funny as hell to read what the rabbi says about himself. It's no longer on the web, but i got a copy. It's a Hoot!

Okay,... I got this from Rutgers by asking the University webmaster, He sent me all the files (even the ones with blocked content. But he also informed me that many of the old files are archived, like this:

Another example

Still I wanted that webpage that the Rabbi made for himself, an HTML page - it's funny as hell to read what the rabbi says about himself. It's no longer on the web, but i got a copy. It's a Hoot!

Pssssst......hey James......when you put something on the interweb it is still there for the search savvy to find. No matter how many years go by there is a better than average chance it can be extrapolated across the wires from some harddrive tucked away somewhere housing archives. Please try to keep that in mind...please?.....ok?....