GreaseSpot Cafe

Leaving this Sub-Board

Well after a good deal of consideration I am leaving this sub-board. I will still be around the Grease Spot for now, as the suit has sparked my interest in TWI, and many Grease Spot Cafe members have graciously encouraged me to stay. It appears that posting to this sub board would be of limited value. Part of the reason is that it creates battles on to many fronts at once, as there is no unified belief system of the members here. I am bound from cutting and pasting, which means I would have to recompose all of my responses, and I just do not have time to re-write what I have already written.

If anyone wishes to discuss doctrine with me, my email is cleartruth@yahoo.com

I may continue academic discussions of Hebrew and Aramaic NT origins, which I do not regard as doctrinal and which can only have two fronts, either the NT was written in Hebrew and Aramaic, or it was not.

God first

thanks James Trimm

that why you had hard time here

you think Moses spoke in Hebrew when he spoke in Egyptian

But when found there is nothing to prove he spoke Egyptian you will not consider possibles that you do know

because I say Egyptian you think you prove me wrong

but the only thing is you prove you do not know

a debate has two sides

other wise there no debate

at times I get prove wrong because I am wrong

but your God and you can be wrong tell another story

with love and a holy kiss Roy

Edited by year2027

Roy brings up another good point. Do you think Moses only spoke Hebrew? You do know he lived in Egypt for a number of years don't you? By repeatedly telling or implying that Paul only spoke Hebrew even though he lived, taught and ministered in Greek speaking provinces for a number of years, you are discrediting his linguistic ability. You do realize that don't you? In contrast, many of us here think very highly of Paul's ministry to the Gentiles and his all around education and abilities.

In fact, since we can see you can speak and write English, likely you were born in the USA, and you say you know Hebrew and Aramaic, that means in your mind you think you have more linguistic ability and education than the apostle Paul. That is some kind of an ego you've got there James.

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti
  • Upvote 1

. . . . In fact, since we can see you can speak and write English, likely you were born in the USA, and you say you know Hebrew and Aramaic, that means in your mind you think you have more linguistic ability and education than the apostle Paul. That is some kind of an ego you've got there James.

What alleged evidence is available legitimately showing Paul is not merely just another mythical biblical story book character and that what is said to have been observed and recorded is true?

velvet10.gif

Edited by Composer

I have studied some of Paul's writings in great depth. See the link below. Paul's writings are brilliant. But Composer, maybe you think Sir Isaac Newton, Socrates, Plato, Aristotle and Albert Einstein are mythical characters also? And if they are mythical characters then why should we learn anything from them either?

But then maybe we should only study what you write Composer? People like you are sooo smart. :drink:

http://www.christianherald.info/1-corinthians-12-page-1.html

Edited by Mark Sanguinetti

James, in some respect I am sorry to see you leave. While I am vehemently opposed to what you are doing in setting up your own little religous organization, I think it could have been interesting to discuss your religous views. Provided, of course, that it could be a real discussion (as opposed to lecture/teaching/preaching) with honest discourse and consideration given.

I agree with Abigail---Preaching, teaching and lecturing probably isnt going to work as we've all had that to death.

but if you are not afraid to converse it may be interesting for some of us as well as for yourself.

there is no unified belief system of the members here.

Welcome to life in the outside world :)

Part of the reason is that it creates battles on to many fronts at once, as there is no unified belief system of the members here.

Actually, that's called 'diversity'. It's not a bad thing. We value it around here. It actually helps from viewpoints becoming consolidated, industrialized, constricted, and then mandated as many of us personally have seen that occurs with human vice, power, and the tendency toward legalism that mankind seems doomed to repeat itself with when you introduce 'religion'. (What does the Torah say about that? We want a king, we want a golden image of a cow, we want manna, we still want to complain?)

Now while there may be one specific poster here coming after you that might raise some defences, if you routinely view the free exchange of ideas as a "battle front", then I would encourage you to sell those ideas for a penny, throw the penny in a wishing well, and come up with some new ones that understand 'community', 'church', and value interpersonal relationships.

Actually, that's called 'diversity'. It's not a bad thing. We value it around here. It actually helps from viewpoints becoming consolidated, industrialized, constricted, and then mandated as many of us personally have seen that occurs with human vice, power, and the tendency toward legalism that mankind seems doomed to repeat itself with when you introduce 'religion'. (What does the Torah say about that? We want a king, we want a golden image of a cow, we want manna, we still want to complain?)

Now while there may be one specific poster here coming after you that might raise some defences, if you routinely view the free exchange of ideas as a "battle front", then I would encourage you to sell those ideas for a penny, throw the penny in a wishing well, and come up with some new ones that understand 'community', 'church', and value interpersonal relationships.

Bravo.

An excellent post overall.