GreaseSpot Cafe

Horror Stories About Leaving TWI

JavaJane

Well, what I see is that people got so blinded to stuff. If you run with the opinion that anyone that complains about a wrong is a dissenter and needs to be "removed", you open the door to further abuses. Even those without direct knowledge of something begin to run away from fires, rather than towards them - to put them out. Best to be nowhere near the "Blast Zone", avoid knowing about what's going on ... don't ask what this or that conversation was about, or why JimBob or SallySue got told to go. Wait till an "Official Story" is concocted, and then believe it - even if you dont. Just shut up, mind your own business, and let the "Leaders" do as they will. After all they're the Leaders....

I know a lot of people that left the Way, and have had a chance to talk to many of them before ever coming in to GreaseSpot. Most of you guys here were Corps or Staff or held some sort of Leadership positions. I'm gonna ask you guys a question that was asked of me (rhetorically) many times by people that were just Twig members back in the day.

"Why didn't they tell us?"

Well, as corpse and someone who has been near the top of the totem pole, we are sworn to confidentiality at every turn of the way. Not in any legally binding, intelligent way such as non-disclosure agreements, but verbally and only until the secrets can be announced (if relative to the ministry). Most other secrets that have been told on Grease Spot were never intended for the light of day becasuse sunshine is a bad thing to evil deeds and they would only substantiate the supposed rumors and lies by taking us to court. They would incriminate themselves. It would be like the mafia taking someone to court.

Rosalie is a big believer in telling subordinates a little less than what she thinks they need to know. Servants don't need know why, only what to do next. Then there is the mind numbing process that we were subjected to during our way corpse training. Most of us know of the wrongs but justify them as dirty laundry that does not need to be hung out in front of the believers as a stumbling block. That's speaking for the well meaning folks who see themselves as protecting the household from the adversary skillfully exploiting their leadership's human frailty against the weaker believers. Of course we would back it up with scriptures like "David banged Uriah's wife...blah"

Then there are the ones, and many there are, who love to be in charge. Who willingly sell themselves and sear their own consciences by saying yes to anything their masters tell them, as if they are following God's orders. My little friend, the Panamanian Pineapple Face Wannabe, did a teaching to the way corpse on saying yes to leadership. So in a den of wolves some are misguided, doing the masters bidding grudgingly and half heartedly, conflicted and many of these wolves leave the pack eventually. Then there are the wolves who want to be at the head of the pack. These are dominant in numbers and have allowed themselves to become an abomination in their shameless feeding on the followers of the way international.

Most of us know of the wrongs but justify them as dirty laundry that does not need to be hung out in front of the believers as a stumbling block. That's speaking for the well meaning folks who see themselves as protecting the household from the adversary skillfully exploiting their leadership's human frailty against the weaker believers. Of course we would back it up with scriptures like "David banged Uriah's wife...blah"

I once told a new(er) person about some of the rumors and the power struggle that happened after Geer's POP paper because the person had asked what had happened to VPW and how LCM became president. I didn't think I was doing anything wrong. I was just answering their question with what I knew happened, which was common knowledge in twi at the time. When leadership overheard, I was hauled off for a big butt-chewing because I was throwing doubt on Craig's presidency by telling them about that situation. I told the leader, "but that is what happened. How can it be bad to tell them the truth."

His answer?

"We don't want to be a stumblingblock."

"We don't want to be a stumblingblock."

Yep, and thanks to the internet these creeps are exposed as the manipulating, money-grabbing, abusive cult that they really are! Stumble that, fockers!

• Upvote 1

She wouldn't tell me anything.

I'm a little irritated about that.

There's subordinate lapdog's in the way corpse that matter so long as the are carrying her tray and there are those that don't come across her radar screen. I mean no insult to you, and really, you would be better off you weren't one of the chosen few to carry the old lady's bags.

• 7 years later...
On 6/11/2010 at 0:11 PM, JavaJane said:

When I was iin twi, I would hear horror stories about people who had left twi only to be jumped on and devoured by the adversary because those people had "walked out from under God's protection." Stories about people being killed in freak accidents, children dieing, incurable diseases, storms, and it goes on...

I want to know if any of this happened or not - I know with the amount of people (thousands, right?) who left en masse when LCM put out his loyalty thingie it would be just a matter of statistics that some of this stuff would happen to at least a couple of people, but twi made it sound like it happened to everyone who left - especially those who were in leadership positions.

So, any truth to this? Or is it all just the twi-pical lies? (I know it's lies, but I want the lurkers to know, too.)

JJ, my life became much better once I left TWI. I became less judgemental, and more open-minded, among other things.

On 6/22/2010 at 6:08 AM, Gen-2 said:

I know a lot of people that left the Way, and have had a chance to talk to many of them before ever coming in to GreaseSpot. Most of you guys here were Corps or Staff or held some sort of Leadership positions. I'm gonna ask you guys a question that was asked of me (rhetorically) many times by people that were just Twig members back in the day.

So speaking for myself when I was in the Way I knew absolutely nothing about the swinger's club in the BOT.   I knew nothing of coverups, or anything else that has been exposed here on GSC.  Was this because I mostly was not in upper leadership echelons?  Yes probably.  The same whitewashing went on with the Corps that goes on in the whole ministry.  The only ones with the real picture and most of the facts are the ones meeting in silence behind closed doors and changing people's assignments and such.  The ones at the top.  Anything we remotely suspected was quickly handled, dealt with, and packaged up.  Even the second to third presidency change.  Publicly, a one time affair.  Oh, then another one pops up, but we're handling it.  Leadership change.  A lot of logical explanations about the power being too centralized, checks and balances, a new better Corps where the top administrators aren't the top teachers.  

They whitewash the reality so that those with genuine hearts will be continually fooled and continue to invest their life, money, time into a fantasy.  

• Upvote 1

When I was in the Corps, one of the Corps Coordinators told us a story "for our learning" about how he had once announced at some meeting that the Trustees (they were called that then) were on their annual fishing trip.  He was reproved by one of his higher ups with the admonition that he should refer to it as "their annual meeting" with the explanation "we have to protect our Trustees." 

During that same year, I was told that I should not ever say that Vince was "olaying cards with the Trustees" ... because they were gambling, playing poker during business hours one Friday afternoon.

We were taught to cover up anything that put TWI in a bad light.

• 2 weeks later...

My parents were involved in the swinging I assume. My dad was away at training when my mom cheated on him with my future stepfather. My dad signed me over for adoption in '84. At that time, he had no contact with me. I found out recently that he was kicked out in '85. I had an attempted kidnapping within that time frame. I remember it like it was yesterday and so does my friend.