GreaseSpot Cafe

How Dare Thou Disagree with Leadership

What About It

There is a waist deep creek that runs through the property where the Ohio limb HQ was located. One day, the limb leader ordered us to wade into the creek and start removing rocks from the creek bed. (Yeah, I know, why remove rocks from the creek bed?) Anyhow, it was, at that point, brought to the attention of the limb leader that the creek was heavily infested with leaches. Do you seriously believe he allowed that to change his order? <_<

He may have got that idea at Gunny when we got in the river and moved rocks. :blink:

Edited by 100% Free

The next night we were assigned to take apart all the packets and reassemble them because we had used the wrong materials. That was a long night and of course, no apologies were made, no acknowledgement of error or arrogance on the leaders part. Just a hard attitude towards the woman who disagreed with him and had the nerve to try to ask the wife of a BOT a simple question that would have saved hours of time.

Typical. Lower-rung leaders are experts at covering their own a$$e$, embellishing, outright lying - the abusive system breeds it. The book store has a long and sordid history thanks to Emogene Allen. In all my years in the way international and all the positions I had that interacted with the bookstore, cabinet over bookstore I never heard one nice thing about her. Never. She abused people in that department for years and the people left in charge once she went emeritus were formed in her own image. Sad, really.

100%, that reminds me of a story from a few years back when they were in the process of changing the way that the advanced class test was done. Each month (or maybe it was each week, memory starts to fade!) candidates would be tested on a different aspect of what one was supposed to know before going into the class. Limb Coordinators were supposed to come up with the questions and give them to the applicants in their Limb to be done at home as an open book test. One of my kids was applying to take the advanced class and received his test for the Rise & Expansion book that must have had 500 questions, including essays and Greek word studies. About a week after it was turned in we were informed by our branch coordinator that we were getting a shorter, more concise test of less than 100 questions, which was what the BOT really wanted. When I was heard to say that our L had made a mistake with the first test, I was "corrected" and told that the first, longer, test was right at the time, that the LC was not in error, but that revelation had changed!

There is so much fail and laziness in this it's not funny.

1) It's TWI's class - if they have a prerequisite test, could they like kick in some resources to write it from the farm as opposed to having 30 different copies of it? I mean they actually have an "Adv. Class Department", right?

2) Could they provide guidelines?

3) Could Limb coordinators have common sense?

4) When they have to change directions, could they explain? i.e. - "we're in transition, trying some different things with the tests".

But no, the typical behavior is issue an edict, push all the work off yourself onto as low of a totem pole resource that you can find, then cover the rear.

Fail.

I mean they actually have an "Adv. Class Department", right?

Probably at the time of this incident but not any longer. The AC department was turned into a department called Conferences. The AC itself was turned into an event complete with an assigned event coordinator at the beginning of each ministry year. This allowed the class portion and support portions of the class to be divided so it made the running the class more manageable. Class portion was handled by Conferences and Advanced Class event was supported via HQ cabinet areas and was the part that had an event coordinator.

And yes - sterling example of epic fail!

I would like to be in charge of the Lollipop Department. My research assistants, the Lollipop Kids (from The Wizard of Oz - T.W.O.) and I, can check out all lollipops one lick at a time (no biting), and finally deliver an answer to the wise old Bird on how many licks etc. we can have discussions/arguements over what flavor the red ones are. We can also get into Charms Blow-Pops and come up with a list of what really "blows" at T.W.I. ... ... that, will be our annual event!

• Upvote 1

I would like to be in charge of the Lollipop Department. My research assistants, the Lollipop Kids (from The Wizard of Oz - T.W.O.) and I, can check out all lollipops one lick at a time (no biting), and finally deliver an answer to the wise old Bird on how many licks etc. we can have discussions/arguements over what flavor the red ones are. We can also get into Charms Blow-Pops and come up with a list of what really "blows" at T.W.I. ... ... that, will be our annual event!

Well, your proposed research project is not in agreement with proven lollipop research. The answer is three. Therefore, further research is not being accepted.

Also, I have to disapprove of your rather free spirited leadership style. Please consider telling your subordinates exactly what blows at TWI since we are not encouraging free thought at this point. It seems to cost us too many leaves from the twig. When they fall off it lowers the ABS. :biglaugh:

I'm sure that with this approach you will reach levels of productivity far greater than the research department at TWI.

Begs the question what kind of idiots broadcast a meeting over the phone lines when you could send it over the web, via satellite - hell, carrier pigeons would be an improvement.

The same kind of idiots that got "revelation" to use Beta video tapes rather than VHS. :doh:

Basically, to disagree with leadership is to disagree with God. Simply put, God works in Rosalie, who passes down the revelation to the BOD, and on down... So to disagree with leadership is to say that they did not receive revelation to begin with... Because if it was revelation from God, then it would be perfect.

Once again, twi is set up in God's place in a practical sense. If you disagree with leadership you disagree with God.

Growing up, my grandma had a sign hanging on my uncle's bedroom door (he would have been a teenager at the time). It showed a pouting kid on it and read underneath, "God made me and God don't make no junk." TWI just says "God told me and God don't make mistakes. To admit an error is to admit that maybe, just maybe God wasn't involved at all.

Geez. Maybe the whole thing is just a bloated beauracracy run by a selfish old lady?

I was supposed to be helping to assemble folders for WIB. But the material we had all indicated it was for welcome to HQ and rules for staying at FH. One woman pointed this out to the "leader". He said we should assemble them anyway. She asked why, and he bristled, saying "The wife of a BOT sent us these materials so that's what we will use."

She said "But she told us it was for WIB-it doesn't make sense to put a welcome to HQ letter and FH rules in the packets."

He then replied with "Wherever the BOT are that's where the heart of HQ is so that's why it makes sense."

She said "Really? People staying at a hotel in a completely different state need rules on staying at FH?" She got up and started going towards the dept. in question to get it straightened out.

He followed her into the hallway and he was livid. How dare she try to question the wife of a BOT. He went on and on like this. Then for his big finale, he told her to get back in the room and assemble the packets as is-because "rebellion is as the sin as witch craft." He seriously said this. She came back into the room very befuddled. We spent the entire evening putting those packets together. Nobody spoke. It was wierd.

The next night we were assigned to take apart all the packets and reassemble them because we had used the wrong materials. That was a long night and of course, no apologies were made, no acknowledgement of error or arrogance on the leaders part. Just a hard attitude towards the woman who disagreed with him and had the nerve to try to ask the wife of a BOT a simple question that would have saved hours of time.

I just remembered something else. He enjoyed all the praise he could get. But I don't ever remember him really helping with anything-just "over-seeing" our work.

I just remembered something else. He enjoyed all the praise he could get. But I don't ever remember him really helping with anything-just "over-seeing" our work.

Ya, the great "expert," cast in VeePee's own image.

Well,... That is what we call incompetence in the Business World. Normally, people just get fired over that kind of shi..... I've fired a couple of people over something very close to that, and then I kick myself twice - if I hired the idiot in question. I have to. It is a business (businesses) I run, and really poor judgement can cost everyone working in a small business. Of course in The Way It's the ABS money, not theirs, and people will just give them more no matter how poorly they deal with things,.... right?

Right. For all the bragging about good stewerdhip blah blah blah... they didn't have to care while everyone else was picking up the tab. You're right, a business owner would lose evrything if he or she allowed things to run like that.

Ain't that the truth!