GreaseSpot Cafe

So you know how stupid she thinks we are

OldSkool

For those of you who don't know many aspects of the need basis garbage was eradicated as a result of the Allen lawsuit and no doubt under advisement from da lawyers. So staff are charged rent and the rent has to be assessed at market value. So all the housing is measured off in square footage and the estimates are kept on the low side.

Ok, here is where it gets funny. Here all the staff and way corps are gathered at the annual opening staff and corps meeting at HQ, tired, bored, listening to directors read paragraph after paragraph from the staff handbook. A root canal is preferable. Anyway, Frau Q-Tip comes to a special announcement....drum roll please....A raise! The staff got a tiny little raise to add to their tiny little paycheck.

Guess what her next announcement was?.....drum roll please.....You guessed it - They were raising rent!

The staff WERE PI$$3D!! She gave the raise to cover the extra rent!

There were quite a few people who left staff in the course of placements over that one...Nice job, RowZee.

The staff got a tiny little raise to add to their tiny little paycheck.

"Tiny" is right. With the rent that was due, some people, especially families, were actually making less money after the so-called raise than before. With friends like that, who needs enemies? Just turn the other cheek--and don't forget to say Thank You after they smite you like that.

"Tiny" is right. With the rent that was due, some people, especially families, were actually making less money after the so-called raise than before.

Further proof the woman has ice water in her decrepit veins.

Wouldn't want to chip away at that $54,000,000 with something as wasteful as paying the staff so they don't have to endure financial hardships. Nah, those families will do just fine leaning on God in the midst of all these difficult working conditions we have heaped on them. :CUSSING:

Wonder how much her market rent is? Based on square footage, or rents available in the area? Would that include the facilities (swimming pool)? Or does she OWN that house? If so, why? Why doesn't she sell it and give the money to "the ministry" - after all, her need for accommodation is met and so it's surplus. She could always move into the trailer park, or even Founders Hall - like everyone else.

Proof that what's yours is mine, and what's mine is my own.

Furthermore, they demand ABS, which is the tithe+ - but the tithe went to support the Levites - who were forbidden to own land.

So if she wants a tithe (or tithe+) then she should fulfil her half of the deal - own no property.

Not even a house with a swimming pool.

Not even a woodland up north somewhere.

Wonder how much her market rent is? Based on square footage, or rents available in the area? Would that include the facilities (swimming pool)? Or does she OWN that house?

She owns it. At one time it was a great point of pride for her as she escaped criticism concerning the "Owe no man anything", only to hear of believers upset with her, especially those who had been quoted that verse in Acts about selling your house and having all things in common, But for her, Home is where she hides things that she's not into sharing.

If so, why? Why doesn't she sell it and give the money to "the ministry" - after all, her need for accommodation is met and so it's surplus. She could always move into the trailer park, or even Founders Hall - like everyone else.

Proof that what's yours is mine, and what's mine is my own.

"-like everyone else." Thanks for the laugh, yoiu made me snort coffee!

Furthermore, they demand ABS, which is the tithe+ - but the tithe went to support the Levites - who were forbidden to own land.

Oh please,... she's far too old for levis,..... >grin< Sides, she owns a whole passle of land in North Carolina.

So if she wants a tithe (or tithe+) then she should fulfil her half of the deal - own no property.

Not even a house with a swimming pool.

Not even a woodland up north somewhere.

Well,.... you can't take it withn you when you go,... so,... soon she'll own no property.

Silly Twinky, there you go trying to be all rational and what not. :biglaugh:

Always remember that what's good for Rosalie is not necessarily good for others and what others should do should not be done by the board of directors. They are a cut above, examples to the flock, they stand in the gap, they work mightily for us peons. Therefore, special treatment is really a way to bless them back for all they do. :biglaugh:

Only in the way international is this hypocrisy not hypocritical. <_<

This story reminds me of when they mandated a 10% pay cut from our already "Need-basis salaries". A few years later, we were told we would have a meeting with HR and Finance to go over our salaries because the 10% pay cut was no longer necessary. I carefully went over my budget, not asking for too much. The EFFERS never even met the 10% I lost. I lived on $648 a month for nearly 5 years.

Staff didn't have to pay rent then, but it was hard to cover my need when I got a car, having to pay for insurance and gas. I was told to drive less and get only mandated insurance instead of full coverage. I had no savings for a new car. So if that car got totalled, I was SOL. Drive less....yeah right. We barely had time to go anywhere.

Suuuure.

Brick house.. probably modern insulation, high efficiency furnace.. perks like finely manicured lawns.. trees.. how many bedrooms? Bathrooms?

*free* visits to the fountain, SNS and your own personal barn in the back yard..

:biglaugh:

Yep.. in the middle of podunk ohio..

how much would it cost in rent in da big city?

heck.. access to a pond mucked periodically by slave labor..

and that's not all..

even to have the *opportunity* to cross da river jordan, anytime, to da promised land..

I'd toss in the snake knives, and the self-sharpening scissors..