GreaseSpot Cafe

Youtube and JAL

I like John too, and figure he's ALWAYS trying to do something.

In the beginning, John and the other principals of CES did a good job of re-examing what they had learned in TWI. For awhile, they actually encouraged dialogue. But whenever they put one of their doctrines into print or on tape, that doctrine became set in stone. The only time they would revisit a topic would be to shore it up with further rationalization of why it had to be right, even if it contradicted the words of the Word, or worse yet... even their OWN words! Blinded by their own arrogance... TO their own arrogance.

To me, John seems like a sleep-walker, going though the old, familiar motions without any new, critical mental activity involved.

The sad thing is when people turn against John. He really doesn't see it coming. He has NO IDEA of why people would no longer want to follow him. When people tell him what's wrong, he blows it off, and then gets shocked when they do what they told him they'd HAVE to do.

Sad.

Love,

Steve

Just a question. On his little youtube deal.. why does he hawk himself as the "ceo" of da new deal? He's been through two failed businesses (ministries).. it just does not make sense..

and more than that.. if he is some kind of "chief" executive or something.. did the new board "elect" him?

and.. were there any other choices?

just wonder..

Honestly.. why "ceo".. could it be.. to feed his EGO?

doesn't he have enough self-claimed titles already? Maybe it would look "good" on a resume?

If I were a "partner" in this deal.. I'd be pi**ed with this kind of behavior..

"oh, he doesn't mean anything by it.."

I suppose then, he hasn't "meant anything by it" for forty years or so..

I dunno. Seems every dollar "partners(?)" send in encourage this kind of behavior..

christ..

there is no "partnership" here..

he is gawd..

you are plebs..

I hope the title to the motorcoach is not (or won't be) in the *ceo*'s name..

fool you once you know.. during way years..

fool you twice.. ces..

but the third or fourth time?

you're on your own..

I like John too, and figure he's ALWAYS trying to do something.

In the beginning, John and the other principals of CES did a good job of re-examing what they had learned in TWI. For awhile, they actually encouraged dialogue. But whenever they put one of their doctrines into print or on tape, that doctrine became set in stone. The only time they would revisit a topic would be to shore it up with further rationalization of why it had to be right, even if it contradicted the words of the Word, or worse yet... even their OWN words! Blinded by their own arrogance... TO their own arrogance.

To me, John seems like a sleep-walker, going though the old, familiar motions without any new, critical mental activity involved.

The sad thing is when people turn against John. He really doesn't see it coming. He has NO IDEA of why people would no longer want to follow him. When people tell him what's wrong, he blows it off, and then gets shocked when they do what they told him they'd HAVE to do.

Sad.

Love,

Steve

It's been said that insanity is doing the exact same thing and expecting

different results. Someone mentioned "Groundhog Day". His life must feel like that,

just a little slower, with him in an organization, then having to leave,

then starting another organization, then having to leave...

Ladies and gentlemen, it's been a DISGRACE for me to have perused those videos. Why, I know more about cheesy performances than he'll EVER know. I wouldn't go to Momentus, prophesy, research, leadership, CES, Stiffy, campfire sing-along with the Bible thing-a-ma-bobby church stuff with him either.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JB68sLGY8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JB68sLGY8&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7JB68sLGY8&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fast forward to the last several seconds.

When he says,"Stay Tuned!" he flashes the devil sign.

He is probably clueless about the supposed significance of the hand gesture. My guess is that he is trying to use current "vernacular" (in this case, a hand gesture.) to appeal to a younger audience.

I'm an old booger, pushing 61, and it seems to me that the younger folk, like all my neices and nephews, are just too tech savvy to be taken in by the wonders of YouTube classes, the way we were taken in by the wonders of cassette classes all those decades ago. The whole context and paradigm of looking for information has changed. STFI and Lynn just seem so oblivious. Am I onto something here, or just being symptomatic?

How are cult leaders gonna squeeze money out of a generation that cut its eye-teeth on Napster?

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

I'm an old booger, pushing 61, and it seems to me that the younger folk, like all my neices and nephews, are just too tech savvy to be taken in by the wonders of YouTube classes, the way we were taken in by the wonders of cassette classes all those decades ago. The whole context and paradigm of looking for information has changed. STFI and Lynn just seem so oblivious. Am I onto something here, or just being symptomatic?

How are cult leaders gonna squeeze money out of a generation that cut its eye-teeth on Napster?

Love,

Steve

not only that, but YouTube is FREE. :doh:

Web surfers can come and go in total freedom and not have to pay anything. I'm sure they think that the "Tube" is a hook of some sort to learn more---if you can stay awake long enough. :sleep1: None of those 'teachings' are in the least bit motivating.

And what amazes me.. he still has a following.. drooling at every word..

Obviously not the following he once had..

they get on his "board".. drum up money and support, and somehow he's the ceo..

was he actually elected? Or did he get the position by default?

maybe its just me.. but that kind of arrogance at this stage, would really p*ss me off..

if I was one, sending in money to try to resurrect da way it was.. I'd probably be a little "irritated"..

It also makes me wonder how many NEW people John is able to attract. It seemed to me that he built the following for CES by diligently pursuing all the contacts he had made as Corps coordinator at Emporia. I know I never brought any new people to CES. I don't remember any showing up at John's home fellowship (which I attended). CES had the "Introduction to God's Heart" class, but it wasn't exactly running back to back. I always said it should be titled "AN Introduction to God's Heart", but that idea never flew. A lot, and I mean a LOT, of ex-wayfers peeled-off from CES after the Momentus episode. I can't imagine that the lawsuits and coups of the past few years (not to mention dreams of spiders crawling out of people's noses!) led to any great influx of followers <_<

John Lynn seems to have chosen a very lonely path.

Love,

Steve

...A lonely path indeed...he reminds me of an old Vaudeville performer who is playing

to people of a further generation...he's almost a museum piece. People throw dollars

into his hat out of pity.

...and yes Ham, he started his own thing and pronounced himself to be ceo...I guess

anyone of us could do the same...he's still banking on former way followers and ces

followers to prop him up and give him money...sorta pathetic, if you ask me.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 years later...