GreaseSpot Cafe

Advanced Class 2010

bliss

Saw some creepy pictures today of the latest and greatest Adv. Class - FOR TEENS~!!!!

That seems to be all the people they could get to attend this joke of a bible fest anyway.

to quote: "this is the deepest biblical research study I have ever heard yet!!!"

um, hello? you are like 12.....

Tons of games, ball playing, cards, and even dancing the (shhhhhh) Electric Slide.

Yes, folks, the quest for biblical knowledge at it's finest all tailored around hormones and sports.

I thought youngins were smarter nowadays, you know, with the INTERNET AND ALL..?????

How can they go, when you know darn well that they know more about what others say about TWI, then we ever thought possible or probable back in the day?

OH, wait , I get it.

They go for the partying......if you like partying with no real freedom, but the sneaking is fun...

and reading anything here is ALL LIES!!!!!!!!

Yes, every story of betrayal and plagerism,lies and sex abuse, atheistic beliefs and spiritual idolatry is all damnable LIES!!!!!!

I know, we've got nothing better to do than to make up stories about a ministry that we DEVOTED OUR ENTIRE YOUTH TO......FOR NOTHING!!

But you go on, have fun learning all about the devil spirits and how awesome YOU are....

It's not too late to leave it all behind. Have a real life. go. really. get out. live. find God outside the cult walls. seriously.

you won't change it.

I know you think

you can, many have tried.

Sorry, You won't.

*what was just as creepy as watching them all dance, was the dining at the rectangle tables and the hostess smiling and the little white bucket under the chair and everyones plates with the polite amount of servings, and all hands on lap* ((((shudder))))

Saw some creepy pictures today of the latest and greatest Adv. Class - FOR TEENS~!!!!

I am sure most are there because have to be. Getting the Advanced Class is one of the most important ways wayfer parents prepare their kids for college. At least that is what I've heard them say. <_<

I thought youngins were smarter nowadays, you know, with the INTERNET AND ALL..?????[/b][/u]

I know, cults have been completely extinguished since the rise of the internet and its commitment to truth . . .

DEVOTED OUR ENTIRE YOUTH TO......FOR NOTHING!!

Not every teen who thinks they are right and their parents are wrong is wrong themselves.

That seems to be all the people they could get to attend this joke of a bible fest anyway.

to quote: "this is the deepest biblical research study I have ever heard yet!!!"

um, hello? you are like 12.....

Well,....... all their parents have already been.

Well that doesn't surprise me. Honestly the level of teaching they are gearing towards is young teenage level - 12th grade max. If you can dumb it down enough to a few catch phrases that nobody will question, try to hype it up, and sweep any logical criticism under the carpet, you can convince some. After all, it worked for VP, right?

Poor kids (((destroyed for lack of TRUE knowledge)))glad my kids don't have to go thru those hoops of lies.

There gonna be really ....ED off when they grow up and find out the Truth behind The Way International.

HI EXCIE wave.gif♥♥

and another thing.......

is there anyplace or anybody on the face of the planet, when hosting an event, has hostess-serving sit downs??????

What is wrong with buffet style ?

Oh, I know, not enough manners control......

is there anyplace or anybody on the face of the planet, when hosting an event, has hostess-serving sit downs??????

Oh come now.... :biglaugh: That's so they can teach that (agape) love of God. 1950's table etiquette and thinking you can put agape into every thing you touch when your mind is renewed are the expressions of agape that are most prevalent. You remember the "everything gives off something lectures?... :confused:

Lol.. Thanks for sharing bliss.. Sounds like last year.. Last years Adv. Class had only 69 attendees from 16 states. And then 70% of those attendees were teens, which made about 48 teens and 21 adults!

I feel sorry for those kids growing up.. Looks like that's all that is left keeping the Way #'s up..

Unfortunately, many kids are just like the adults at HQ, scared to leave and go off on their own, and all they know is what momma and tatta are doing. Just like many staffers that know whats going on, but think that's normal. It really is sad.. Just like Oldskool was saying, they've been desensitized since birth! :( And they have lots of friends "in" which adds to the peer pressure, yeah, many are going Corps soon, already know a couple of em that have been accepted (Which is a different topic, since it seems the age limit for acceptance is getting pretty low these days).

I would call it child sacrifice to the god called TWI.

A lot of those kids have it in the back of their heads that if they leave it will be the end of their relationship with mom and dad, too. I personally know of one young family who is only staying involved with twi because if they leave their children won't have a relationship with their grandparents. Now that's messed up!

yeah, many are going Corps soon, already know a couple of em that have been accepted (Which is a different topic, since it seems the age limit for acceptance is getting pretty low these days).

No matter. There are so few wayfers left that a few of their kids going corpse won't matter too much in the scheme of things. It's a shame that there will continue to be generational continuance of the Wierwille-ites. Most of them know a lot of the wrongs that have happened over the years only to allow it to be explained away with way speak. But some of them will wake up.

A lot of those kids have it in the back of their heads that if they leave it will be the end of their relationship with mom and dad, too. I personally know of one young family who is only staying involved with twi because if they leave their children won't have a relationship with their grandparents. Now that's messed up!

That is so freaking manipulative for parents to do that to the kids. If my folks were that way I would chose to sacrifice the relationship with them and leave the way international. Heck, already had it wrecked by the way international telling my earthly family comes second to their spiritual family. But as you so aptly stated, "Now that's messed up!"

That is so freaking manipulative for parents to do that to the kids. If my folks were that way I would chose to sacrifice the relationship with them and leave the way international. Heck, already had it wrecked by the way international telling my earthly family comes second to their spiritual family. But as you so aptly stated, "Now that's messed up!"

Been there, living that!

In-law #1, not in, but will not let go of ONE BIT OF DOCTRINE.

In-law #2 is full fledged innie......was going to move to be with said grandkids, till our departure.

Now, it's really just a matter of comfortability. The older folks just see no need to rock the boat and change what they are used to!

What happened to doing things because they are RIGHT>>>>???? For the glory of God and truth? All selfish reasons really. Our relationship is strained.....no more ''full sharing'' or even deep discussions about God and life. It's all 'weather and kids related"....that's it.

The biggest thing I've learned since leaving TWI~ is that life IS NOT ABOUT ME!!!!!! but that is another thread...

I am sure some of the kids want to leave, but, like some said, "parents; friends;" = stay and suffer!

Been there, living that!

In-law #1, not in, but will not let go of ONE BIT OF DOCTRINE.

In-law #2 is full fledged innie......was going to move to be with said grandkids, till our departure.

Ya, ditto on the doctrine. My Mom bailed on the way international just as I did but refuses to purge the errors. Chalks it up to human deficiencies, but the werd is basically correct....RIIIGHT!

About the other in-law. Sad, very sad, but it's their loss. Really, I mean that. You guys can fill the void when you need to just don't let it make you think you cannot!

When I took the advanced class; it was mostly a lot of superstitious stuff about devil spirits.... probably still is. How people can take that stuff seriously can only be understood by those of us who did!! lol I've been free of such superstition for over 30 years and haven't had a single instance when any of that knowledge served any purpose other than to humble me for having once believed it. Peeepul, forget devil spirits and join enlightened society - your life will be more abundant instead of more superstitious.

• Upvote 1

There's a cost/risk to everything.

There's a cost/risk to everything.

Jesus had hard words to say about those who let family keep them from the kingdom of God.

Believe me, TWI is about as far as one can get from the kingdom of God.

Flee! Don't leaven your bread! Move out, Jah people!

All those family relationship scenarios aren't easy to sort out. My family was never in and is ecstatic to have my fellowship back. I know another couple that was out for a long time, then went back because they are grandparents and their kids wouldn't talk to them or let them have access to their grandkids if they didn't. They went back in and now never talk to anybody outside any more, and have sunk right back into delusion land. I mean I can understand choices based on family, but there's like this robotic blindness that sets in all surrounding the concept of "household" in TWI that is just crazy.

Welcome, Pax!

...You've been out so long, and only just found the party! Draw up a chair and have a beer.

Several posters have commented on people who have left TWI but haven't left TWI doctrine...you wonder why they left, then. I know people like that. It's quite hard to talk to them; only with difficulty willing to entertain a different view or way of going on because clearly you are urging them to stray from "the truth" - as they know it. Instead of concentrating on what they have in common with other Christians and using that as a base or springboard, such ex-Wayfers often concentrate on the differences and use those to magnify...their own greater knowledge. They accept the hostility that their approach engenders as being evidence of their stand on the truth/commitment/superior doctrine...I detect the desire still to "teach" others more accurately. It's real cringe-making stuff because I know some of those others to be deeply committed Christians, whose lives are steeped in real practical outworking of their faith/belief that is impacting positively on the lives of many other people.

And so, the real outworking of God and the exploration of Him are stifled by the close-mindedness of ex-Wayfers who are in heart still Wayfers.