GreaseSpot Cafe

I have a reputation of -2

I don't often check my account setting here but today I did and noticed that two people have voted my post down. Why didn't they just spit in my face?

A man profiteth little in his own country.

I like conversing here and I even love my enemies... but again I think it is caused by the male dominated, hate the gay guy homophobia, that caused me to reject "the way" in the first place.

I guess these homophobes expect me to just believe everything they say while they claim to deny blind faith.

I have close to twenty thousand friends on other forums, and a group I created myself with eight thousand loving members from nearly every country in the world.... And they added themselves as friends AND joined my group...

I think I know who voted me down too, but I refuse to think evil or retaliate in the same petty way.... I am a better man.

I know my ideas are often fanciful, sometime unorthodox and even bordering on heretical but I am not vindictive, just sometimes verbally opinionated.

I posted this in the doctrinal topic because that is the subject I usually post in anyway. If anyone cares about me even as just a human being please try and reverse these attacks on my character and vote me up to at least zero. I don't want to leave this world hated...

Edited by DrWearWord
  • Upvote 4

Those red/green buttons that vote your post up or down? Wow! Like they determine who and what you really are?

The people who know you better won't give a ratz pizzazz about some insignificant pair of clickable buttons, and the people who don't know you won't care either.

So welcome to the Greasespot, where the women are tuff, the men have hairy armp**s, and the moderator is cool n' groovy.

:spy:

• Upvote 3

I don't often check my account setting here but today I did and noticed that two people have voted my post down. Why didn't they just spit in my face?

A man profiteth little in his own country.

I like conversing here and I even love my enemies... but again I think it is caused by the male dominated, hate the gay guy homophobia, that caused me to reject "the way" in the first place.

I guess these homophobes expect me to just believe everything they say while they claim to deny blind faith.

I have close to twenty thousand friends on other forums, and a group I created myself with eight thousand loving members from nearly every country in the world.... And they added themselves as friends AND joined my group...

I think I know who voted me down too, but I refuse to think evil or retaliate in the same petty way.... I am a better man.

I know my ideas are often fanciful, sometime unorthodox and even bordering on heretical but I am not vindictive, just sometimes verbally opinionated.

I posted this in the doctrinal topic because that is the subject I usually post in anyway. If anyone cares about me even as just a human being please try and reverse these attacks on my character and vote me up to at least zero. I don't want to leave this world hated...

Perhaps you should consider it a compliment. I mean if people are taking the trouble to read your post and then vote against it, they're reading it right? If they're voting it down, then you had an affect. I think that's kind of cool. I suggest you keep posting, you're making people think. I dunno, I think it's a problem if everyone agrees with me all the time. One more thing, if they won't face you directly, what does that say about them? This forum is supposed to be a place for an exchange of ideas and perspectives, not a mutual admiration society.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't worry about it. I post in the political forum and people don't like my politics. I have a terrible rep. All the ones in lockstep pat themselves on the back and give each other great reps - its comical.

Really, don't take is too seriously :)

• Upvote 2

I thank all concerned parties for helping me cope with this kind of situation. I will not take it to heart any longer. I am rubber and they are glue... :)

I know my heart and my capacity to love and I won't let my joy and peace be eclipsed by their immature and vindictive nature. I wish no evil will and in time they may sense my patience and compassion. Yes, I sometimes (maybe often) speak openly against the Bible but I do it with a desire to know the truth and not just believe it because someone else says so. I have no fear in putting God to the test... I am tired of the divisive nature of many of the scriptures (three religions killing each other for many centuries) and these people just prove my point about the dangers of how the orthodoxy has radicalized their minds.

I am moving on and I will, take it as a compliment. THANKS! Yes, I'm making lemon-aid, extra sweet and the cherry pits I will plant in my backyard and try and grow a tree.

Much Love

DWW

Edited by DrWearWord
  • Upvote 7

I would not worry either. I have not posted here for two weeks, barely looked at the board..... and someone voted 20 or so of mine down just the other day. Which means they had to go back further than two weeks to find them. I just look at the last people who look at my profile.

I would give you a plus mark, but I used up all of mine fixing all of Mstar's negatives in the MUSIC thread, because someone voted a bunch of his down. In the MUSIC thread??? Subjective taste....music????

Sunesis is right...who cares....there is an ebb and flow here.

When pluses are given for one word answers....snide remarks....or naming people.....you know it is not for the merit of the post anyway.

When I can.....I will plus you.....very much!

• Upvote 2

Well hel-looo, geisha!

...someone voted 20 or so of mine down just the other day. Which means they had to go back further than two weeks to find them.

Kinda juvenile, isn't it?

I would give you a plus mark, but I used up all of mine fixing all of Mstar's negatives in the MUSIC thread, because someone voted a bunch of his down. In the MUSIC thread???

Ha-ha! Yeah, what the heck was that all about? I was gonna mention it but I didn't.

When I can.....I will plus you.....very much!

I just gave you a plus. I don't normally do the plus/minus thing. :)

@ Dr. WW: I think your "zero" posts rubbed somebody the wrong way for whatever reason.

Edited by soul searcher
  • Upvote 2

those buttons are weird . . . they get hit for no reason at all . . . oughta half to state a reason when they're pressed or just get rid of 'em.

+1 (I didn't use the green button.)

They're like the like/dislike buttons on Facebook and other forums. Except there you know who's liking and not liking.

• Upvote 1

Well hel-looo, geisha!

Kinda juvenile, isn't it?

Ha-ha! Yeah, what the heck was that all about? I was gonna mention it but I didn't.

I just gave you a plus. I don't normally do the plus/minus thing. :)

Hello Dr. Soul Searcher,

I must say, I am not above being juvenile sometimes :).... I have run around the political forums before....undoing Sunesis negatives....and I don't even agree with her politics! I usually undo Love Matters or Rocky's negatives as well. I usually agree with them both politically.

If I think a remark is particularly nasty.....or there is a one word answer with a gratuitous green mark...I may undo it. . . .but I have not given very many negatives that stand alone.

I have accidentally marked my own post down before. . . . seriously....a couple weeks ago.

This morning I undid another on Mstar's music post???? I used to un-negative Shellon's when someone ALWAYS marked hers down. She is a doll and full of some sound wisdom. So, I do use it.....but, I like the idea of stating a reason. Sounds good. I am game.

Okay...Dr. WW had six green I gave him one this morning....now he is down to 4?

Edited by geisha779
  • Upvote 2

I don't pay any attention to those button/ratings things. I think I'm a big enough boy now to make up my OWN mind how I feel about someone's posts. Anyhow, I believe they might have come as part of the package with the site. You know, like those extra screws you get every time you buy curtain rods.

• Upvote 1

a positive reputation is good, a negative reputation is considered bad . . . but what might be the significance of a reputation of zero?

And all along I thought he was of the cult of zero.. So I think it only fitting he should try and remain there! lol...

Yikes.. But not -6..

I'm thinking you have another problem.. You are now +10.. Thus, because of your popularity, you have now become excommunicated out of the cult of zero.. We welcome your return when you lose 10 friends..

LMAO T&O

I'm thinking you have another problem.. You are now +10.. Thus, because of your popularity, you have now become excommunicated out of the cult of zero.. We welcome your return when you lose 10 friends..

Haha I promise I won't let it go to my head (hehe)

My heart belongs to zero :)