GreaseSpot Cafe

RumRunner

doojable

I'm so sorry for the loss of Rumrunner and send kind thoughts and light to his loved ones who will miss him so.

While we rarely agreed on anything, he was very kind to me on several occasions and I knew he desired to help where he could.

Dooj, I'm sorry for your loss, had hoped for many years together for you. Condolences. :cryhug_1_:

I didn't know RR but enjoyed his posts. He was clearly well respected here and well loved among his friends.

He was a man of moral, ethic, honor and integrity...

He was my friend.

He is still the love of my life.

Groucho, you know how highly he spoke of you... and how much he trusted you and entrusted to you....

He found a way to totally envelope me in love- his and that of his family and friends.

He gave me much more than I gave him and I will never be able to repay my debt to him...

So I will love him with all that I am.

Edited by doojable

In rememberance of Rumrunner's life

<br>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object> Edited by bulwinkl

Dooj,

I still remember you calling me to tell me why you had moved, and then put RumRunner on the phone! :)

I enjoyed our discussion on "climate change," but now I wish I could have spoken more with him on a less superficial level. Just another thing I assumed I'd have time for later. :(

You have my deepest condolences.

Love,

George

Dooj:

When I was a "girl" I dreamed that someday I would meet someone who would love me and whom I would love. I pictured it many different ways but it was always wrapped in "love" and friendship. I knew I would look in his eyes and he would see me and I - him.... that when I held his hand it would be like I reclaimed a piece of me.

Only, I did not know how rare that kind of love is/was. I did not know that couples "hate" and one could be "lonely" in a marriage. What I wanted never happened for me. And for a long while I wondered if it was "real" or "really out there" or by design something people would dream about and never attain.

Anyway, I know that it does exist because I heard "IT" in the "two of you." And what I read here now is such intense love, sweet love and dedication that I can feel your unbearable pain. I am so very sorry.

It just seems like birds should stop singing or rain should fall... but the good news is "you two had IT" The "it" people dream of, the "it" people seek, the "it" people sing of, write of and present in poems trying to capture the "it" that eludes some of us a lifetime...

You and Rummy are the reason love songs are written.…

I know you will find him again as you said in an earlier post.

…

Many of us "loved" him. The two of you knew what it felt like to be "in" love. It is such a touching story.... (Dooj) I thought of him all day and I cried for both of you. I keep coming back to this thread as in a weird way - reading of him, speaking of him and seeing him represented here is helping me keep him alive because I am far from ready to let him go.

Edited by Dot Matrix

To Rumrunner's family and friends pi_cry.gif,

My sincere condolences and thanks for the kindness you have brought into the world.

With special thanks that we are out of twi and able to have this time together during and after RR's life on earth.

When still in twi I lost my best friend ever -- OK it's this term is as silly as "my favorite verse" I do have other best friends but Lucy definitely was my best friend because she fit almost my whole heart with her kindness -- the kind thoughtful words and music from you has brought so much kindness to me also and softened the grief of that loss from over 15 years ago. Thanks. (she loved balloons. . . thanks DotMatrix).

Perhaps the reason the birds do not stop their singing and the flowers continue to bloom is that the kindness of RR and so many others who have gone on to their reward does not die but does live on as they hoped it would.

It has been said by folk more nobler than I that there are words for one who has lost their parents and become the sadness of orphans. Widows and widowers bear the grief of losing their spouse. But there is no word for one who has lost a friend. Certainly we are not friendless because there are other friends we have. But a friend lost takes with them that portion of our heart we gave them. But as Dooj has said what we received in return is far greater and we will ever be in their debt and can only ease that grief by continuing to pay forward this weighty debt.

Thanks again for being a friend smile.gif

Wow.... words fail me.

Dooj and Groucho, I am so sorry!

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal,

Love leaves a memory no one can steal.

Yeah...isn't that the truth...the memory of who they were and how they thought and what they believed...and their sense of humor...and how you connected with them...it stays with you.

...and it makes you who you are...

Yeah...isn't that the truth...the memory of who they were and how they thought and what they believed...and their sense of humor...and how you connected with them...it stays with you.

This really connected with me. I was thinking about someone who has been dead for almost 40 years now. But his memories are still fresh in my mind. Maybe that's part of what it means to have life after death.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

This is exactly how I feel, Groucho.

Sorry to respond so slowly-I was traveling.

RumRunner and I were not the closest friends, but I'll miss him.

Those of you were were his nearest and dearest will miss him so much more.

Nothing I can say or do would change that, but nothing can steal all your

memories of him, and nothing will stop your reunion with him again someday

in the future, be it sooner or later, when there will be an end to tears,

suffering, and loss. My saying so is small, but I hope it helps at all.

what i "knew" of him was from only here and that was too little to even conisder "knowing" him at all, but i am glad to read these words here now, and glad to know how deeply loved he is and how deeply loving he was. i am sorry for your loss doojable and groucho and others who really did know him.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am sorry to hear this. He was the the first one to contact me when I was new here. RumRunner was always kind to me and helpful. My condolences to those who loved him.

Thank you Lizzy, To have known Rumrunner as I did was a real priviledge for me...

He was my best friend for 50 years and I still have not absorbed his loss...

It's profound to say the least...

• Like 1