GreaseSpot Cafe

Recurring Nightmares About TWI

JavaJane

Does anyone else have these? I've been out for three years, and I still have bouts of them occassionally.

Dream #1: I'm out Way Disciple or WOW and am miserable. I end up losing my temper and telling everyone to go to hell, I try to leave, but the coordinator corners me with the team and they tell me how evil I am. I decide to conform and stay.

Dream #2: I run away from a STS with my husband and a bunch of tomato plants in the back of his car, trailing dirt behind us and giving the limb coordinator the finger as we leave. It starts snowing. (Not really a nightmare - but I have this dream a lot.)

Dream #3: I am cleaning toilets for a class or some event and Rosalie walks into the bathroom. She flushes and leaves, but the toilet overflows, sending poop water all over the floor. I keep trying to mop it up, but it gets out and soaks the carpet. I get in trouble because no one would believe that Rosalie would clog a toilet with a monster poop.

Dream #4: Headquarters is being attacked by zombies, systematically turning everyone into a mindless member of the walking dead. There is no way to stop it. I am trapped in the OSC with a few others armed with shotguns, but they just keep coming, and the people I am in there with are idiots who are trying to cast out the "devil spirits" in the zombies. They just get bit and turned into more zombies.

I think the symbolism is pretty obvious... anyone else have dreams like this?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes I dream I am at the ROA, trying to avoid TWI goons and tell people the truth.

Sometimes I dream I am coordinating a WOW family, but it's three-quarters of the way through the year already, and I haven't yet learned the names of my family's members.

Sometimes I dream I am coordinating a WOW family, but I'm sabotaging all efforts to put a class together, and trying to figure out how to tell the members of my family that I don't believe in PFAL anymore.

Sometimes I dream that I am able to get up on the main stage at the ROA and confront Martindale.

Sometimes I dream that I am back in residence in the Corps, trying to figure out how to explain to my Corps brothers and sisters where I've been for the past 23 years.

I imagine these are fairly mild dreams compared to what some other people might experience.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz

yes, I have had lots of dreams about being trapped in twi, especially while I was trying to get out. usually the dreams are symbolic, though, and since they can be confusing it takes a while to understand them.

I've been having lots of dreams again this past week because of legal things I'm going through with my ex. in my mind my ex and twi are inseparable because each used the other to separate me from the real world, family, friends, a career... they even conspired to keep me so weak that I couldn't get psychological help for my older child when he needed it. even though my ex has also left twi he acts like he's still in... worse actually. he doesn't even try to cover up his selfishness with a veneer of holiness.

Dream #2: I run away from a STS with my husband and a bunch of tomato plants in the back of his car trailing dirt behind us and giving the limb coordinator the finger as we leave. It starts snowing.

Was that the tomatoes giving the finger? That would be quite a nightmare if they were in your car too..

And especially if you happened to catch a glimpse of that snow falling on gas pumps with VP peering out the window.

My worst dream that I have time and time again, is I am once again In-rez trying to figure out how the heck I got duped into signing up AGAIN to be in the corpse for the third time, while I clearly can recall I left for many a reasons! :asdf:

It was me giving him the finger, not the tomatoes. I was always happy the tomatoes were in the car instead of the snow where they would freeze. In that dream I am always thinking, "good thing I got the tomatoes in the car before those people got them!"

When I have a bad dream usually it does have some type of TWI theme.

In one I dreamed my children were very small and I had run away to a trailer on a ranch in eastern Montana, very isolated, near where I once taught school(Nice people out there, they would have taken me in!). My husband was driving out there so we could be togther in that devilish no-fellowship-in-200-miles-vicinity place. But he came with my Fellowship coord to take the kids. Vivid dream, set on a hill with a dirt road and a stock pond--you can see cars coming a long way away because they raise a cloud of dust. Full of emotion, and similar to fears I had the last year or so IN.

A creepy dream I've had more than once is here in my house, which I moved to several years after we left TWI, in a city where we never attended a fellowship. TWI leaders would float up to my bedroom window to look at me --my side of the bed is right under this window. Kind of like the creepy dead faced Gentlemen In Hush(Buffy)

I've actually fiddled with combining the two scenes into a paranormal type story...but I don't really like to write dark things.

If you don't dream, you might get yourself checked for sleep apnea. You may not be sleeping as soundly as you think. I found out the hard way.

Love,

Steve

Oh, I dream. I just can't remember what I was dreaming once I wake up.

my nightmare is that I am at ROA in a pup tent and the wonderful strains of "Beautiful Ohio" are blaring through. it's the TWIlight Zone and Rod Serling is narrating with Alfrd Hitchcock directing it. Wierwille stops by and morphs into Adolf Hitler. yikes! and the music is from Psycho :confused: you know, the shower scene

Edited by Thomas Loy Bumgarner

I've had dreams about getting reassigned a new room in Founders Hall. The odd thing is I was on Staff again, but I knew I left TWI in my dream. Yet I didn't tell anyone there. There were no elevators or stairs. Everyone had to squeeze through very tight openings to go down to the next floor. In my dream, it was winter and I was wearing a very bulky wool coat. I remember being stressed about squeezing in to the opening to get down. I don't know how we went up a floor. It was a dream. I remember the feeling of discomfort and wanting out.

I also remember sharing a room with my old FH roommate. We were grown, divorced women who had to share a room two years in a row. I'm still ....ed about that.

I also remember sharing a room with my old FH roommate. We were grown, divorced women who had to share a room two years in a row. I'm still ....ed about that.

Yeah, that's bull $h!+... as if a grown woman needs a roommate - and (if it was anytime recently) it's not like they don't have the extra room!!!

Yeah, that's bull $h!+... as if a grown woman needs a roommate - and (if it was anytime recently) it's not like they don't have the extra room!!!

They consider rooming new staff to be a learning experience where people can learn to live the word together. I $h1t you not!

They consider rooming new staff to be a learning experience where people can learn to live the word together. I $h1t you not!

Part of that "learning experience" many times is an informant arrangement. They pair up "new staff" with people that will tattle on them if they complain.

Part of that "learning experience" many times is an informant arrangement. They pair up "new staff" with people that will tattle on them if they complain.

That is exactly what I was thinking!!!

Sharing a room was a major invasion of my privacy. But I was doing it for God, or so I thought. When I found out the next year they didn't have enough rooms to give 2nd year staff their own room and the cut off was at 35, I was even more PI$$ED. I went on Staff in 1996. That was the year they accepted more ADV Class grads for Staff than they had in previous years. Many stayed, so the individual rooms were scarce. I was literally months away from being 35. But again, it was for God, or so I thought.

I consider it a learning lesson now. NEVER let anyone have that much control over your life. Allowing someone to tell you where to live is crap....NEVER again!!

When I found out the next year they didn't have enough rooms to give 2nd year staff their own room and the cut off was at 35, I was even more PI$$ED.

Oh, fear not they had lots of rooms when I left. They need staff BAD. You know what though...they still made new staff bunk together. Rooms out the wazoo.

Love,

Steve

thank you steve, love, ex

--

when you newer people were in the way, did you have married couples sharing rooms -- top and bottm double bunks?

it would be lovely to have some of our 9th corps share those experiences. please step up the mic even if it isn't your birthday