GreaseSpot Cafe

Recurring Nightmares About TWI

JavaJane

I was given the example that "Uncle Horndog" Howard slept in a one room house with his aunt and uncle, who would have sex there in the same room as the kids. This (I was told) was actually more normal and healthy than having people separate.

Yuck.

That's just gross.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know this a thread about dreams -- or nightmares when we talk about the way -- but i still cannot get over our year in residence with the couples sharing the room and beds. it's so ODD -- it's so WRONG!!!!!!!!!

also i recall when marsha h. was back in the the damn bus coach bed with wierwille, there was a young wow girl sobbing over on the other bed

ugh

Edited by excathedra

:asdf:

I had a new one last night... I was in the auditorium (and you were there, and you, and you....) and I had decided to leave twi before I got there. I had also informed my leadershi this was the last event I would attend. I was there with my iPhone playing games during the service because I was so bored, but I was trying not to let the light from the screen be seen by anyone so I wouldn't get in trouble. After the service, I went out into the lobby where a bunch of my old Way D team were. I was trying to get past them without having to stop for conversation because if they asked me where I was going after the service I would have to tell them the truth - that I was leaving twi, and I didn't want to have that conversation. One of my Way D sisters caught up with me and asked the dreaded question. I informed her I was leaving twi - that it didn't mean I didn't love her, and it didn't mean that I thought she was a bad person. Another person from my past came up and asked, and I explained it to him as well. And another and another. Soon I was surrounded by the believers going all the way back to my first fellowship, and I could tell by the way they looked at me that I was a disappointment. That they thought I was possessed. Then they turned their backs on me and walked away, looking over their shoulders occassionally at me as they whispered to themselves. Some of them were crying.

I just walked out, packed up my stuff, and left them behind, knowing they thought I was a terrible person - even worse than a terrible person - they thought I had given myself to the devil and turned my back on God, that I had become evil.

Edited to add what I just remembered - there were coyotes outside the auditorium, black coyotes that running in circles around a weak mangy puppy that was trying to get into the auditorium for shelter. But no one saw the puppy but me, and I knew there was no way I could help it because I needed to get out of where it was trying to get in.

That "weak mangy puppy" was me! Trying ever so hard...as beaten up as I had become by them...struggling to "fit/get in". After all, this was "The Way" and only way to God's heart. Blah! Blah! Blah! :asdf:

I heard a Christian psychologist on the radio today quoting a verse from Psalms where God says He'll teach you things during the night. This guy said he often asks his clients about their dreams because there's a lot more to them than just nonsense. He says it can be God teaching you things about life. Does anyone know what verse this guy is talking about and if so, if that is the true meaning?

I have never heard or seen a verse like that in the Bible. You might want to look some of those key words up in a concordance.

I have never heard or seen a verse like that in the Bible. You might want to look some of those key words up in a concordance.

The earliest reference to this sort of thing that I found offhand was in Numbers,

in that incident when Aaron and Miriam got in trouble for murmuring against Moses.

Numbers 12:5-8 (King James Version)

5And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.

6And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.

7My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house.

8With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Seems to me that God's restating a standard policy here about prophets:

He'll speak to them in visions and dreams.

========================================

I think the verses you wanted weren't in Psalms, they were in Job.

Job 33:14-16 (King James Version)

14For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.

15In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;

16Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

======================================

There's been a number of books on the subject.

I read one, and I'll recommend it:

Exploring the World of Dreams (A Scriptural Guide to Hearing from God in the Night Season) by Benny Thomas, Whitaker House Publishing

http://www.flipkart.com/exploring-world-dreams-ben-thomas-book-0883682788

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?isbn=0883682133

If you want to spend some time online on the subject first, you might want to

look over this site:

http://www.hannahscupboard.com/dreams-index.html

• 7 years later...
On 7/6/2010 at 10:42 AM, JavaJane said:

Does anyone else have these? I've been out for three years, and I still have bouts of them occassionally.

Dream #1: I'm out Way Disciple or WOW and am miserable. I end up losing my temper and telling everyone to go to hell, I try to leave, but the coordinator corners me with the team and they tell me how evil I am. I decide to conform and stay.

Dream #2: I run away from a STS with my husband and a bunch of tomato plants in the back of his car, trailing dirt behind us and giving the limb coordinator the finger as we leave. It starts snowing. (Not really a nightmare - but I have this dream a lot.)

Dream #3: I am cleaning toilets for a class or some event and Rosalie walks into the bathroom. She flushes and leaves, but the toilet overflows, sending poop water all over the floor. I keep trying to mop it up, but it gets out and soaks the carpet. I get in trouble because no one would believe that Rosalie would clog a toilet with a monster poop.

Dream #4: Headquarters is being attacked by zombies, systematically turning everyone into a mindless member of the walking dead. There is no way to stop it. I am trapped in the OSC with a few others armed with shotguns, but they just keep coming, and the people I am in there with are idiots who are trying to cast out the "devil spirits" in the zombies. They just get bit and turned into more zombies.

I think the symbolism is pretty obvious... anyone else have dreams like this?

JJ, I used to have bad dreams about TWI.  Scary!!!  

On 7/8/2010 at 3:46 PM, Thomas Loy Bumgarner said:

my nightmare is that I am at ROA in a pup tent and the wonderful strains of "Beautiful Ohio" are blaring through. it's the TWIlight Zone and Rod Serling is narrating with Alfrd Hitchcock directing it. Wierwille stops by and morphs into Adolf Hitler. yikes! and the music is from Psycho :confused: you know, the shower scene

Thomas, what a nightmare!!  

On 7/6/2010 at 9:42 AM, JavaJane said:

(Snip)...

Dream #3: I am cleaning toilets for a class or some event and Rosalie walks into the bathroom. She flushes and leaves, but the toilet overflows, sending poop water all over the floor. I keep trying to mop it up, but it gets out and soaks the carpet. I get in trouble because no one would believe that Rosalie would clog a toilet with a monster poop.

I'm thinking dream #3 may be on the order of a supernatural disclosure along the lines of the whore in Revelation 17. :spy: