GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Corpse - and ex-insiders perspectives.

OldSkool

haha, Thanks, George. You know, it's funny. A lot of former Way Corps get the bad rap just out of association. I think there are a few here with an axe to grind that must make it hard for those like you who truly just want to help others not make the same mistakes or accelerate their healing. You and I would have gotten along in or out of the Way Corps because we both have the same basic goal - to help God's people. You seem like a nice man.

Waylaid (Well, that's all from me for a while. I'll check back some day.)

So what if people here do have an ax to grind? Many of us caught hell from way corpse leadership and in my case directly from the board of dummies. Am I not entitled to be angry at the wrongs that have been purposely carried out against me and my family by the way international? Perhaps you care to quantify how some of us are "making it hard" for others? Sorry if the underbelly of this corrupt organization doesn't deserve to be euphemistically described all the while showing proper protocol to the people we expose.

I am not trying to start a flame war or be offensive. It just seems that you are judging people who are perhaps sorting through various emotions. Perhaps that's not your intent. Perhaps you are a judgmental person. I was extremely judgmental and I learned it from the way international. My entire perspective was based on categorizing people and drawing negative comparisons being careful to elevate myself on those I talked down.

I wish you all the best. Take care.

• 7 years later...
On 7/18/2010 at 0:15 PM, skyrider said:

Character assassinations..........absolutely.

My wife and I fall into that category. Why? Because of two things: 1) We heard about all the dirty laundry details of martindale's sex romp at the 1998 Advanced Class at HQ. In verifying the account, and hearing from multiple sources.......we knew that evil was afoot at The Way International. The then-trustees were covering martindale's sexual predation and destroying other people's lives in the process and 2) twi leadership was strongly requesting us to take hq-staff assignments.

When we refused the corps assignment, martindale sent region/limb leadership to confront us head-on. We still refused.......and, within 24-hours (after the minions had done their reporting back to Craig-Almighty) we were on their Mark/Avoid list.

Then.....twi leadership scoured our branch/limb to try and find any dirty laundry on US. They found none. The only fiery dart that they could throw at us was...."They have chosen worldly things over the twi household."

That's it! But of course, martindale had to cover 'seducing spirits and doctrines of devils' when he addressed the next corps meeting to add hyperbole to the context.

As time unfolded, and others left....we had 10-12 corps couples tell us that they NEVER believed the lies L. Craig Martindale had spewed forth about us.

Anyone who thinks that they might have been able to reason with Wierwille or Martindale face-to-face.....has NO IDEA how intensely, and instantly, and explosive it becomes. I've seen these confrontations up-close and dozens of times on corps meetings. With veins popping and swearing, wierwille/martindale could sometimes go for 30 minutes or more.

Heck.....Ralph D. is on record for posting how wierwille summoned his attack dog on Ralph. Whether one was the Trunk coordinator of the USA......or a lowly corps branch coordinator, the collective culture of isolation and a totally submissive cult gave wierwille extreme intimidating power over this "corps keeeds."

:CUSSING:

Sky, I realise this is an old post to you, but it is a new post to me.  And people thought VPW was a "MOG?".  I think he was garbage; and totally lacking in Christian Virtues.

On 7/18/2010 at 8:56 AM, waylaid said:

Yeah, I get that. Not a doctor. I meet plenty of people that misrepresent themselves. I mean, how many times are we going to say that? There are still 'paper mills' today. I just don't know. Not trying to be critical here.

Didn't God say, "Vengeance is mine..."? He is keeping score. Don't sweat the petty stuff AND surely don't pet the sweaty stuff.

I think sometimes I want to get even for someone doing me harm or who has done me harm. I let God take that one on. Is He not still in the picture? I understand 'righteous anger', but it has it's limits. I don't want to get to the point where I am trying to do His job (not saying you are), I just have confidence that He will keep His word on this one.

Really coming from the heart here. Truly sorry some of you got so hurt. It grieves me tremendously. I wish I knew then what I know now but I didn't. I would have tried to protect some of you if I had the ability.

Wish you all well and Godspeed in your deliverance,

Waylaid

On 7/18/2010 at 9:06 AM, waysider said:

Wierwille intentionally misrepresented his credentials. Because of that, people trusted him. He betrayed their trust. It cost people dearly. Some even paid with their very lives. I don't consider that "petty stuff".

As Waysider said - what wierwille did to folks was in NO way petty.

Sorry to take offense at you suggesting folks leave vengeance to some higher power - ha ! AS IF folks revealing all the lies, manipulation, plagiarism, sexual molestations, and misrepresentations made by  wierwille could EVER inflict all the punishment that turd really deserves! Save the pious platitudes for some cheesy sugarcoated supposedly "Christian " website.

No...you miss the point of Grease Spot entirely !!! It's to tell the other side of the story...not the cheesy sugarcoated self-righteous propaganda wierwille and the way international pumped out to adoring fans - NO -- NOT that story....

Grease Spot tells the OTHER side of the story - the dark underbelly of the beast....aka a brood of vipers....whited sepulchers...Pharisees who search far and wide to win a single convert to make them twice as evil as they are (Matt. 23:15). 

Grease Spot answers the call of duty for those who were in the wierwille cult - who now want to warn others who might get sucked in - or to help those who got sucked in get out ! This is not vengeance - it's more along the lines of danger warnings and rescue work.

NO WHERE in the Bible - - I repeat, NO WHERE in the Bible are we instructed to look the other way and be silent when false prophets try to ply their trade.

Edited by T-Bone
Emphasis
  • Upvote 4