GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way Corpse - and ex-insiders perspectives.

OldSkool

Oh, I can't resist. Let's talk about the former "interim" year for a sec. Mine was spent on staff at Camp Gunnysack in the food disservices department. (Actually the food was pretty good when I was there, and we really tried to have enough for seconds. I heard the food really when downhill when some tightwads started "overseeing" the budget and whittled it down to skin and bones--yuk!) An interim year on staff was another way to say prostitute yourself for the ministry. For a whopping $150 per month, my fellow WC brother and I (a fellow GSCer--love ya, man!) worked our arses off about 70 hours a week. Yep, 70 hrs. In 6 days, because it's the commandment of the Lord to take one day off. So that's right around 300 hours a month, for $150, or 50 Cent an hour, that's right 50 Cent. A song is playing in my brain: "We're in it for the love not the money........"

So that's right around 300 hours a month, for $150, or 50 Cent an hour, that's right 50 Cent. A song is playing in my brain: "We're in it for the love not the money........"

And you shoulda have been thankful to get it! it was ABS!! :smilie_kool_aid::smilie_kool_aid::anim-smile: ....oh sorry had a flashback for a second. Sounds like you were paid about as much as an inmate stamping license plates. :biglaugh:

Oh, I can't resist. Let's talk about the former "interim" year for a sec. Mine was spent on staff at Camp Gunnysack in the food disservices department. (Actually the food was pretty good when I was there, and we really tried to have enough for seconds. I heard the food really when downhill when some tightwads started "overseeing" the budget and whittled it down to skin and bones--yuk!) An interim year on staff was another way to say prostitute yourself for the ministry. For a whopping $150 per month, my fellow WC brother and I (a fellow GSCer--love ya, man!) worked our arses off about 70 hours a week. Yep, 70 hrs. In 6 days, because it's the commandment of the Lord to take one day off. So that's right around 300 hours a month, for $150, or 50 Cent an hour, that's right 50 Cent. A song is playing in my brain: "We're in it for the love not the money........"

This is scary! I never was involved with The WOW field or WC because I kept my full-time career. I always felt so guilty for not putting God first this way. Recently, like last month, I was approached with a propacision (sp?)to take The Advanced Class on W&P this coming summer so I could eventually go "on Staff" at HQ's. Because of this website my life won't be ruined! Once again, thank you GS!

It's all too crazy!

Edited by HappyGay
  • Upvote 1

Recently, like last month, I was approached with a propacision (sp?)to take The Advanced Class on W&P this coming summer so I could eventually go "on Staff" at HQ's. Because of this website my life won't be ruined! Once again, thank you GS!

It's all too crazy!

EGADS! Run for the hills! The field leadership have been under pressure for a few years now to scare up some new staff since the current numbers are so very thin. Rozilla thought that people weren't being told how wonderful staff life is for those who are spiritually minded. I mean after all, if people knew they would come be on staff. :smilie_kool_aid: So she brought in the region coordinators for placements after not inviting for several years. That way they would know all about the open positions at HQ first hand and could rustle up some new suckers. I wonder how that's worked out? :biglaugh:

I know I've said it before, but I will attempt to say it again in another way. I really think that using terms like 'The Way Corpse' , the 'Forehead' and 'Vee PeePee' are a bit immature. I totally understand that there are some here that were wronged. Very wronged. I truly sympathize. I do. But, what is gained by reducing ourselves to that level? Therapeutic? I don't know. Not a psychologist.

Please don't 'pigpile' me on what I am saying. I am just saying. I personally didn't participate in the wrong stuff that went on. I graduated from the Way Corps. I should not be lumped together with those that hurt some of you. I understand having an open forum for talking things out.

It gets offensive at times. I agree that Dr. Wierwille had great faults. Same with Craig Martindale. I had issues with each of them, even in the Way Corps. I won't, however, let that cause me to stumble today and say things I wouldn't say to their faces yesterday. I should have spoken up when I strongly disagreed. I didn't. I will live with that. They will have to deal with the way they treated me personally some day. Several times they made me feel like garbage - no matter how hard I tried - and I tried. Like I said - God keeps score - He will deal with them.

I only say this in the love of God and hope some of you can let go and experience what I have - a new lease on life without the guilt of trying to constantly live up to a false standard.

Waylaid

Point well taken. However, after years of having to dance around their protocol, carefully observe their way styles document which dictates all kinds of religious rules in capitalizing certain "holy" words and such, after learning that VP never received a "real" doctorates degree - yet he is known as Dr Wierwille, after learning that VP and craig were sexual predators that victimized those in their flock, (and so many other things I could cite) I will never give them the respect they so adamantly demand! Hell, I even use lower case letters when referring to them on purpose.

You know what offends my sensibilities are the many evils perpetrated by the way international against people who wanted nothing more than to know God and have a better life. Not whether or not someone has nicknames for these people. They deserve what they get. They are reaping what they have sowed. How many people suffered character assassination at the hands of these monsters? Received the "bums rush? Had their names used on corps mornings where everyone learned of their mistakes and how terrible they were? Nope. Reap what you sow.

I have no respect for them and will give them none. I was way corps as well and found that program and leadership structure to be quite lifeless while it promises to make those in the ranks "good ministers of Jesus Christ." Yet the ranks are filled with some of the most heartless, vile legalistic people I have ever came across.

I mean no offense to you. I suppose I should be offended by the things I write as well seeing I was in the corps. But I have come to realize that I took the prime of my life and threw it into a hole where my efforts were used to further a cult that would enslave it's followers. While that is my responsibility, I am a little miffed over the whole affair. I suppose that comes across in my choice of words.

• Upvote 1

Yeah, I get that. Not a doctor. I meet plenty of people that misrepresent themselves. I mean, how many times are we going to say that? There are still 'paper mills' today. I just don't know. Not trying to be critical here.

Didn't God say, "Vengeance is mine..."? He is keeping score. Don't sweat the petty stuff AND surely don't pet the sweaty stuff.

I think sometimes I want to get even for someone doing me harm or who has done me harm. I let God take that one on. Is He not still in the picture? I understand 'righteous anger', but it has it's limits. I don't want to get to the point where I am trying to do His job (not saying you are), I just have confidence that He will keep His word on this one.

Really coming from the heart here. Truly sorry some of you got so hurt. It grieves me tremendously. I wish I knew then what I know now but I didn't. I would have tried to protect some of you if I had the ability.

Wish you all well and Godspeed in your deliverance,

Waylaid

Didn't God say, "Vengeance is mine..."? He is keeping score. Don't sweat the petty stuff AND surely don't pet the sweaty stuff.

Wierwille intentionally misrepresented his credentials. Because of that, people trusted him. He betrayed their trust. It cost people dearly. Some even paid with their very lives. I don't consider that "petty stuff".

• Upvote 1

I think sometimes I want to get even for someone doing me harm or who has done me harm. I let God take that one on. Is He not still in the picture? I understand 'righteous anger', but it has it's limits. I don't want to get to the point where I am trying to do His job (not saying you are), I just have confidence that He will keep His word on this one.

Personally, it seems my motives may be misunderstood. I am not here to even the tally, but to expose a corrupt organization and lay witness against them with what I know. While I may not know very much, what I do know helps expose the chameleon maneuvers undertaken by the way international since the Allen lawsuit made them change appearances.

Jesus Christ will have to judge between me and them.

You know it's funny that people assume that most posters at GreaseSpot Cafe are bitter, mad, unforgiving, etc. Perhaps some of us are and rightfully so. However, not all of us fit that bill. Some of us feel compelled by conscience to speak up and make sure the underbelly of this beast is exposed for what it is, an abusive and controlling cult that is interested in one thing - MONEY!

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of dead men's bones and everything unclean.

Even Jesus Christ had nicknames for these types in his day.

Then Paul said to him, "God will strike you, you whitewashed wall! You sit there to judge me according to the law, yet you yourself violate the law by commanding that I be struck!"

And Paul.

Yeah.......I, too, worked my interim year on staff (at hq in late 70's)

...........$75 per month (or 25 cents an hour)

:asdf:

Yes, you're right. I spoke out of turn. I wasn't trying to prove a point. Just saying.... Personally, I think you all pretty much exposed it. I think you got it right. Expose on. Not trying to give you my permission, I know you don't need that. I know, I know. You made that abundantly clear.

Really no place for me here. I was just trying to let some of you know that there is something beyond what we experienced. Not at all being condescending, just trying to help some.

Good day,

Waylaid (You need say nothing more about my post or try to dissect it. I get it.)

Point well taken. However, after years of having to dance around their protocol, carefully observe their way styles document which dictates all kinds of religious rules in capitalizing certain "holy" words and such, after learning that VP never received a "real" doctorates degree - yet he is known as Dr Wierwille, after learning that VP and craig were sexual predators that victimized those in their flock, (and so many other things I could cite) I will never give them the respect they so adamantly demand! Hell, I even use lower case letters when referring to them on purpose.

You know what offends my sensibilities are the many evils perpetrated by the way international against people who wanted nothing more than to know God and have a better life. Not whether or not someone has nicknames for these people. They deserve what they get. They are reaping what they have sowed. How many people suffered character assassination at the hands of these monsters? Received the "bums rush? Had their names used on corps mornings where everyone learned of their mistakes and how terrible they were? Nope. Reap what you sow.

I have no respect for them and will give them none. I was way corps as well and found that program and leadership structure to be quite lifeless while it promises to make those in the ranks "good ministers of Jesus Christ." Yet the ranks are filled with some of the most heartless, vile legalistic people I have ever came across.

Character assassinations..........absolutely.

My wife and I fall into that category. Why? Because of two things: 1) We heard about all the dirty laundry details of martindale's sex romp at the 1998 Advanced Class at HQ. In verifying the account, and hearing from multiple sources.......we knew that evil was afoot at The Way International. The then-trustees were covering martindale's sexual predation and destroying other people's lives in the process and 2) twi leadership was strongly requesting us to take hq-staff assignments.

When we refused the corps assignment, martindale sent region/limb leadership to confront us head-on. We still refused.......and, within 24-hours (after the minions had done their reporting back to Craig-Almighty) we were on their Mark/Avoid list.

Then.....twi leadership scoured our branch/limb to try and find any dirty laundry on US. They found none. The only fiery dart that they could throw at us was...."They have chosen worldly things over the twi household."

That's it! But of course, martindale had to cover 'seducing spirits and doctrines of devils' when he addressed the next corps meeting to add hyperbole to the context.

As time unfolded, and others left....we had 10-12 corps couples tell us that they NEVER believed the lies L. Craig Martindale had spewed forth about us.

Anyone who thinks that they might have been able to reason with Wierwille or Martindale face-to-face.....has NO IDEA how intensely, and instantly, and explosive it becomes. I've seen these confrontations up-close and dozens of times on corps meetings. With veins popping and swearing, wierwille/martindale could sometimes go for 30 minutes or more.

Heck.....Ralph D. is on record for posting how wierwille summoned his attack dog on Ralph. Whether one was the Trunk coordinator of the USA......or a lowly corps branch coordinator, the collective culture of isolation and a totally submissive cult gave wierwille extreme intimidating power over this "corps keeeds."

:CUSSING:

Helps if one has a goon packing a loaded Beretta on one's side when doing some "confronting" I suppose. Or with someone attempting to confront..

Good stuff. What does it mean? You know, for someone just coming in to the conversation. I'm not up on all the 'code' words as of yet. You have a serious amount of posts here and must have some inside understanding that a neophyte doesn't. What's with the Beretta and how is that pertinent to what we were talking about? (Remember, not all of us are 'insiders' and don't know what you mean.) Please be patient and work with me here. It just seemed the conversation flipped to something else. I am not aware of all of the extraneous stuff that happened. Just trying to catch up.

Waylaid

Surrounding one's self with armed thugs and goons is a tactic LCM learned well from Wierwille. VPW was essentially a grown-up version of a school yard bully who reveled at the adoration of lackies and toadies.

edit: Just saw your post, waylaid. Wierwille, LCM and Geer all either carried guns or were accompanied by bodyguards who did. That's not something that was advertised to the general populace at the twig and branch level. There is first hand testimony here on GSC of one of the three of them conspicuously displaying his weapon at a leaders meeting where he anticipated dissent.

http://www.greasespotcafe.com/gsradio/audio/gsradio-2008-04-20-11092.mp3

Edited by waysider

Good stuff. What does it mean? You know, for someone just coming in to the conversation. I'm not up on all the 'code' words as of yet. You have a serious amount of posts here and must have some inside understanding that a neophyte doesn't. What's with the Beretta and how is that pertinent to what we were talking about? (Remember, not all of us are 'insiders' and don't know what you mean.) Please be patient and work with me here. It just seemed the conversation flipped to something else. I am not aware of all of the extraneous stuff that happened. Just trying to catch up.

Waylaid

Waylaid - - - what it means is that the "top yes men" around the "mog" usually engaged in conceal/ carry.

(All nine all the time could've meant 9mm, not just the "9 manifestations").

It's easy for the "man-of-god" to be abrasive and "in your face" knowing they have "protection" right there.

Does that explain the "beretta" comment? If it doesn't, ask away. Others here know more about this than I do. :)

Waylaid - - - what it means is that the "top yes men" around the "mog" usually engaged in conceal/ carry.

(All nine all the time could've meant 9mm, not just the "9 manifestations").

It's easy for the "man-of-god" to be abrasive and "in your face" knowing they have "protection" right there.

Does that explain the "beretta" comment? If it doesn't, ask away. Others here know more about this than I do. :)

Okay, I got it. Thanks for the explanation.

Waylaid

Waylaid,

There were a number of Corps (the majority, I suspect) who were not involved in and unaware of a lot of the evil (especially the sexual stuff) going on among Way leadership. Most of the Corps I've met were good people trying to serve God and minister to others. Unfortunately, there were also a lot of a--holes who bought into the High Priesthood attitude and spent their time breaking people down, not building them up. Since top leadership promulgated that lifestyle, many Corps just followed along.

No one here is accusing you of being an abuser. I'm not sure, but I believe that most posters here were Way Corps and relate to your situation. But it's important to let people know just how dangerous TWI is, and so the rhetoric is often strident. Again, not from a vengeance standpoint, but as a warning.

George

(I'm not Way Corps and have never played one on TV.)

Waylaid,

There were a number of Corps (the majority, I suspect) who were not involved in and unaware of a lot of the evil (especially the sexual stuff) going on among Way leadership. Most of the Corps I've met were good people trying to serve God and minister to others. Unfortunately, there were also a lot of a--holes who bought into the High Priesthood attitude and spent their time breaking people down, not building them up. Since top leadership promulgated that lifestyle, many Corps just followed along.

No one here is accusing you of being an abuser. I'm not sure, but I believe that most posters here were Way Corps and relate to your situation. But it's important to let people know just how dangerous TWI is, and so the rhetoric is often strident. Again, not from a vengeance standpoint, but as a warning.

George

(I'm not Way Corps and have never played one on TV.)

haha, Thanks, George. You know, it's funny. A lot of former Way Corps get the bad rap just out of association. I think there are a few here with an axe to grind that must make it hard for those like you who truly just want to help others not make the same mistakes or accelerate their healing. You and I would have gotten along in or out of the Way Corps because we both have the same basic goal - to help God's people. You seem like a nice man.

Waylaid (Well, that's all from me for a while. I'll check back some day.)