GreaseSpot Cafe

Get em signed up for the class

OldSkool

I have been thinking a lot lately about some of the shenanigans we pulled to get people registered for the way of abundance and power foundational class run by the way international. I have seen a lot of them but one by my old fellowship coordinator really stands out to me to this day as a low life move.

We had been witnessing to our old boss at the time. We had spent the usual amount of time working to convince this man that the way international wasn't a cult over a period of several months. In retrospect it was a dog and pony show. We literally acted differently around him and used the usual lines about how everyone has free will and can leave anytime, the way isn't built around a man - a charismatic personality, etc. (Which is a lie because it is built totally around VeePee Wierwille.)

Anywho, this fellow invited us over for dinner one evening and I noticed my fellowship coordinator had a folder with him but thought nothing of it. We ate and later on his wife excused herself - she did not like the way international, and with good reason in retrospect. Mind you by this time we were well into several bottles of wine provided by our host. Sure enough my fellowship coordinator produced the registration card from his folder and went to work selling this man on the foundational class when he was freshly buzzed with good dinner wine. He registered and I remember walking out of his home later that night feeling like a dirt ball.

Later that week our boss decided NOT to take the foundational class, it seems he came to his senses and probably realized he was worked over. He wanted his money back but could not get it. In retrospect that is the screwiest thing I've ever been a part of in order to get someone registered for the coming class. I felt guilty about this for a long time and only recently am able to post it up. It helps me to get it out for others to see and may it stand as a warning to others. Buyer beware! Run!

I'm interested to hear other tactics employed by the way international to get registration cards filled out.

The high pressure tactics were embarrassing at times. Cornering people and browbeating them into signing the card. Yikes

Yes, it was really uncomfortable and I can't believe I got coerced into signing the card. But I did. And the main saving grace is that I remained close friends for years with the one who got me signed up. We aren't close now, but TWI had nothing to do with that.

I do not post much so I can stay under the radar of the way gb.I will come out and say this much, in the area

I am in they are pushing for a class and WILL DO OR SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU IN IT.

They use lots of love-bombing to be your friend only to get you in the class. You do not need friends like these.

If you have a gut feeling and feel pressure to run, listen to your self. Run,don't walk out the door and

do not return their calls just disapear. They are not your answer from GOD.

If you are on the fence and a spouse or friend say they just don't seem for real or they are to nice.

Listen to the people who love you and have your best intrests at heart not some people you just met wanting money and time from you.

If you find your self talking to these new church people and telling them your life secrets and they bring it back up and say the class will heal you from this run.

If they can not open the bible and help you then and there and tell you you need a class for deliverence, ask

if the class is so great why can't you help me? If you have all the answers from this class share them with me.

Jesus did not charge people for a class, he feed them and went to the peoples home. He did not require you to sign a commitment and pay money.

If none of this works they will get other people (people you barley know) to call, stop by your home or work place. How ackward is that? This is like buying a car and you say no, so they bring the closer in.RUN fast.

If your spouse or family or friends are talking you out of taking the class, they will want a meeting. They wont come alone they will bring a closer. Do not go to the meeting. Run.

If you are single and you have a romantic intrest in a person but they wont date till you take the class. RUN..

I am in the way international only because I have a spouse who loves it. If I leave they will try and break up my wife and I. I have seen it done before. All this is so hard to believe. But is true, many people will swear to it.

The way has no value on marriage just alligence to them..

If you have been talking to a member of the way and they want you to take a class RUN..

copenhagen

• Upvote 2

Guest Balanced

It still amazes me that after being involved for more than a decade, going WD, and witnessing to tons of people, I never got anyone to come to fellowship or even take a class. Yes, our WD household was "unsuccessful."

However, through all of these years, I found that I make a bigger difference in people's lives by just being me. I'm a practical person. If you like what you see then great. My actions seem to always speak louder than my words.

I don't regret I never "won anyone to the Word." I'm thankful for the many people I've met, learned from, and taught. We all make our own choices. I'm never been good as a "salesman" because I believe in free will. If I can't afford it, why should I expect you to. If I don't agree, then why should I expect you to. But we can be friends and learn from each and our own beliefs.

P.S. I have fallen asleep during many classes because they are long and late at night and sometimes just boring. I have found some college classes to be more interesting, IMO.

Balanced

• Upvote 1

I do not post much so I can stay under the radar of the way gb.I will come out and say this much, in the area

I am in they are pushing for a class and WILL DO OR SAY ANYTHING TO GET YOU IN IT.

They use lots of love-bombing to be your friend only to get you in the class. You do not need friends like these.

If you have a gut feeling and feel pressure to run, listen to your self. Run,don't walk out the door and

If you are on the fence and a spouse or friend say they just don't seem for real or they are to nice.

Listen to the people who love you and have your best intrests at heart not some people you just met wanting money and time from you.

If you find your self talking to these new church people and telling them your life secrets and they bring it back up and say the class will heal you from this run.

If they can not open the bible and help you then and there and tell you you need a class for deliverence, ask

if the class is so great why can't you help me? If you have all the answers from this class share them with me.

Jesus did not charge people for a class, he feed them and went to the peoples home. He did not require you to sign a commitment and pay money.

If none of this works they will get other people (people you barley know) to call, stop by your home or work place. How ackward is that? This is like buying a car and you say no, so they bring the closer in.RUN fast.

If your spouse or family or friends are talking you out of taking the class, they will want a meeting. They wont come alone they will bring a closer. Do not go to the meeting. Run.

If you are single and you have a romantic intrest in a person but they wont date till you take the class. RUN..

I am in the way international only because I have a spouse who loves it. If I leave they will try and break up my wife and I. I have seen it done before. All this is so hard to believe. But is true, many people will swear to it.

If you have been talking to a member of the way and they want you to take a class RUN..

copenhagen

Can't think of better advice to anyone they are trying to recruit.

I had a a guy who took the class because he thought I would date him if hr took it. I told him beforehand that I was not interested, in fact, I only invited him to fellowship to try and discourage him because all the people at my fellowship were sorta weird and I had a really hard-a** fellowship coordinator. Of course, the hard-a** fellowship coordinator was all over the poor idiot when he came to fellowship and got him signed up for the class in a heartbeat. Then I was spiritually obligated to follow up with the guy by calling him every day and carting him to and from class - sorta fed into his delusion that I would date him... poor guy. He eventually got the hint.

I hated every second of it.... and I ended up getting USED to get the dude in the class.

In residence in the Corps we were taught sales techniques (Don't remember the name of the class) where we were taught step by step to lead people to sign the card.

It was so contrived. I actually tried it once and it worked but I felt so bad for the "victim" that I didn't follow through.

We weren't worth anything unless we were getting people into The Class.

I don't even know what class TWI is promotin now. Is it PFAL or Craig's class or what?

I don't even know what class TWI is promotin now. Is it PFAL or Craig's class or what?

It's the way of abundance and power, Craig's class. Except the FNC, and INT classes have been edited to remove Craig from the content and a panel of boring teachers presents the material. It's brutal. They were doing the same to the advanced class and in the meantime they have been using a taped class where a panel of teachers presents Craig's old way of abundance and power syllabus. There are GLARING errors in that syllabus - yet the show must go on. Again - the presentation is mostly monotone and lame.

Another bit of info about the Way International and the class for anyone being hounded to take the class.

Ask these questions.

1.How many class's are there? How many does the Way international offer?

2.How much does each cost?

3.If I wanted to take them all what is the total cost?

4.How long are the class's?

5.Did you take all these class's? How long did it take you to take them all ?

They will get all excited you are intrested. Then ask just a few more questions.

6. Ok one last question or two. Then in a nice way ask, so you took

Wap class $100, Intermediate class $100, Defeating the adv class $100, Witnessing class $50,

Christian family class$100,Biblical keys class $50 all for the privlage to take the Adv class$500+ travel

expenses to Ohio. Then you told me it took about 2-3 yrs to take all the class's and spent over $1000 and you can not tell me what you learned and show me what you learned to bring deliverence to my life. All you can do

is take my money say you will learn it all in the class. WTF you took it and spent all this money and wasted 3 years of your life and you can not manifest the power of God. You have to push a class.

Is it a multi level marketing scheme?

copenhagen

The way has no value on marriage just alligence to them.

Mark 10:9 Therefore what God has joined together, let man not separate.

If you are a Christian, if you love God, if you respect the Bible, please listen to this testimony and compare what the scriptures say about it. These are Jesus words.

TWI says with their mouth they are committed to scriptures. Yet what the fruit of their lives produces is exactly opposite. I can vouch for this personally. The fruit produced and interaction of the leadership of TWI is geared towards dividing married couples, for introducing doubt and fear into relationships, and for introducing the devil's lies in to marriages.

Jesus said by people's fruit you know them. TWI's fruit is anti-Christ, anti the words of Christ, anti-scripture.

They believe that faithfulness to their distorted concept of "the household" is greater than marriage. In this belief, and the actions that proceed from this belief, they contradict scripture while with their mouths professing scripture. Yet their treachery extends beyond this. Even people who love God and have been happily married for decades, they will try and divide, to lie about, to introduce their devilish suggestions in to divide. Ignore their petty lies. Stand against them.

They will be judged by the same Word they stand against with the fruit of their lives. There is justice, and we have a just God. He is not mocked. Those who stand against the Word and produce fruit against the Word will reap the fruit of their anti-Christ actions.

Edited by chockfull

It was called "Christian Motivational Techniques". :redface:

I don't think that was exclusively offered to the Corps as I remember taking it and I wasn't WC. It also had materials from "Tremendous" Jones and Og Mandino, if I remember correctly.

"If I ACT excited, I'll BE excited!!" :asdf:

I don't think that was exclusively offered to the Corps as I remember taking it and I wasn't WC. It also had materials from "Tremendous" Jones and Og Mandino, if I remember correctly.

"If I ACT excited, I'll BE excited!!" :asdf:

Yes, but Tremendous Jones never took it as far as "horizontal witnessing". And yes, that kind of thing happened and was common knowledge in outreach programs in TWI.

My favorite one-liner used to get someone to sign the green card (class registration card): "Look, you're the one who's f*ed up, not me." Spoken not by me but by a WC person I knew very well. I don't think her line worked.

RE: Date and Switch, and horizontal witnessing: One guy in a branch I was in would date women all the time and witness to them. If they ended up not taking the class, he'd $cr3w them. Um, if I were a gambler, I'd bet that he got more sex than he got class registrations.

Edited by What About It
  • Upvote 1

copenhagen

Bless your heart friend! Thank you for your post too.