GreaseSpot Cafe

The Way's Cross

teachmevp

I have been a lurker for quite some time now, and I am inspired to post. A little background... 14th corps, even a athletes of the spirit performer. Now I know you are impressed! NOT! Got out in 87 shortly after marrying a non-corp and catching major grief for that!!

The dove pin reminded me of an incident during family day at Emporia. My parents come all the way from Cali to see what nonsense their children are up to first hand. The only thing my Dad commented on was the pie. In the dining hallduring lunch, JAL went off on the dining room staff for not making the point of the pie face the edge of the table. Of course he did this in front of everyone for maximum effect. My Dad asked why was this so important, I of course towed the party line and mumbled something about details and God is a God of order, blah, blah, blah. (My Mom commented that it was nice we weren't fenced in. She thought we were being held against our will. No Mom, I actually signed up for this abuse ;)).

So the dove pin has to face a certain way like the pie, because if we focus on the physical details, we don't have to do anything spiritual. And even better- make it seem like it is spiritual to fuss about these things. And it is alot easier.

I just came from a wedding, my niece is in an off- shoot. I don't know which one, I didn't ask. But it was the same old jive. Lots of frenetic running around, setting up tables, putting out placecards, setting up chairs etc. Meanwhile there I was, a "new person" being ignored because there were glasses without ice in them. What heart!

Woo-hoo, now I'm on a roll.

About the cross... the standard line on why they didn't use the cross as their symbol was because it was an "instrument of death".

Ummmm, yeah that is how God set it up. And without the cross we wouldn't be able to be saved. I really found some comfort in this verse:

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, & unto the Greeks foolishness; But unto them that are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.

1 cor 1:23-24

The dove was all about the power as in PFAL.

OH! That is so ridiculous! Geesh! How is that supposed to draw you closer to God? How is that supposed to develop in you a "heart for leadership"? Don't you wish you would have thought to booby trap the drawer somehow? Like put a fart balloon in there, or something gooey and then just look embarrassed when the inspector jumped back surprised?

Underwear drawer inspections, how ludicrous!

No doubt how (((DUMB))) that should be a big Here is your Sign dude! Cult. :confused:

The whole thing just stinks ,people playing church and army!

Someone should make a board game about it,they could use little dove pins and crosses

and then you could pay 100 bucks to take the class or go to jail for missing a detail

of one of there stupid mind games! :blink:

An Athletes performer!!!??!

OMG! OMG! OMG!

Did you play a spurt?

I was in residence with the 16th Corps for two blocks. I knew some of the 14th Corps who went on to perform in AotS. All I can say is that my heart goes out to them. They were subjected to a lot more garbage than run of the mill wayfers or even Corps were. If I had performed in AotS, I think I would just want to forget it.

Love,

Steve

Edited by Steve Lortz
  • Upvote 1

We sold ours (cash for gold!!) and got about $25.00. Funny thing is the girl behind the counter asked if we were involved in twi! Weird... Even weirder? Turns out my dad witnessed to her 20 or so years ago and she went to twig for a year or two until they told her she was possessed and kicked her out.

Even stranger? We are in a completely different part of the country from where this happened.

That's cool, JavaJane! Where did you take your pins? We have pins and rings we'd like to get rid of so that we can travel lighter. hahahahah :dance:

'I was in residence with the 16th Corps for two blocks. I knew some of the 14th Corps who went on to perform in AotS. All I can say is that my heart goes out to them. They were subjected to a lot more garbage than run of the mill wayfers or even Corps were. If I had performed in AotS, I think I would just want to forget it.'

Yeah I don't think about it much at all- except to laugh. I'm definitely not bragging. It's filed under the "Boy I was such an idiot file". The Rocky Horror parody on youtube that got yanked was soooooo funny. I don't recall any extra helpings of garbage, perhaps I've blotted it out. I was just so durn focused on myself anyway. I also managed to miss the underwear drawer inspections. Reminds me of Juvenile hall dorms!

Thanks for the welcome.

I don't know much about that play, I learned about new nature a few years ago in my researching,

throw that spirit out the door on that fruit matter, but what was that play about?

AOS?? It was all about Craig's ego, and his "supposed" ability to dance. (my imo). biglaugh.gif

• 7 years later...
On 7/23/2010 at 10:26 PM, Broken Arrow said:

I don't even think they did that crap in the army. Not the way TWI did anyway. TWI wished they could be like the military. VP was never in the military but he was always comparing the Corp to the military. We didn't get inspected on how we folded our undershorts, but our bureau drawers had to be in order.

BA, VPW didn't know Jack about the military.  He refused to join the military during WWII.  

On 7/23/2010 at 8:42 PM, teachmevp said:

I wonder if their is a dove pin on that statue of VeePee; I guess some people have to set an example with their dove pins, and others are allowed to have hat pins of the great dove pin of the way?

I guess it would be easier to put a dove pin on, then hang one of those little VeePee heads around your neck?

A lot of wierwille admirers have been doing that for years – if you know what I mean…yeah, vpw was a real pain in the neck alright.