GreaseSpot Cafe

Saturday Night Chat?

Abigail

Would like to do a chat meet up tomorrow (Saturday) around 9 EST. I think Hap will be there and Sushi too if he can stay up that late. :) Maybe try to talk Shellon into coming if I can get in touch with her. Anyone interested?

I know this will sound silly,... but AM or PM?

people might need to try out Chat before they really want to be there. I had several warnings pop up trying to get in.

First I got a thing from Firefox that said Meta 3 was not enabled. I deleted Viewpoint and that cleared that up.

Then I got a few Unsigned or expired Certificate warnings- I said I didn't care about them.

Once I got in I had a great time with Shell and then Gen2 :)

Ditto. The Chat works fine even though the security certificate is expired. It's not a security threat. Though do keep in mind that IRC Chat can be monitored by people so don't say anything you would be upset about - if someone else heard it - while you're in there. Still not much difference from posting in that regard on a public forum.

If you're having trouble with the Java applet, this blog posts offers an alternative method: Altenative Method of Using GS Chat.

Another option is to use a standard IRC client. mIRC works very well on Windows. Colloquy works great on mac.

If you're using your own IRC client, the settings you need to connect are:

Server: irc.irisheyesinternet.net

Room: #greasespotcafe

Be sure to set what id you want to be known as before entering the room if not coming from the GS Java app. If you forget, you can always do the following to change it once in the room:

/nick MyNewID

Midnight, I wandered into chat before I turned into a punkin and soul searcher and sushi were making cricket sounds.

Maybe another time

I went into the chat room last Saturday night about 8:30 pm (EDT) but there was nobody there so I walked away from the computer.

Well, I completely forgot about the computer, fell asleep in front of the TV and when I came back around 3 AM to shut down the computer I was fascinated to see that quite a few forumers had come in, hung out, chatted, and left.

So the room was empty when I went in and empty when I went out. (I actually learned quite a bit about a few of you from reading the chats that went on.)

It looked like it was quite a party. Sorry I missed you all.

I went into the chat room last Saturday night about 8:30 pm (EDT) but there was nobody there so I walked away from the computer.

Well, I completely forgot about the computer, fell asleep in front of the TV and when I came back around 3 AM to shut down the computer I was fascinated to see that quite a few forumers had come in, hung out, chatted, and left.

So the room was empty when I went in and empty when I went out. (I actually learned quite a bit about a few of you from reading the chats that went on.)

It looked like it was quite a party. Sorry I missed you all.

Nice :)

• 4 weeks later...

sooo.. what about this Saturday..

I'll make it easy. Don't show up, and you'll have squirrel spirits invade your nightmares..

:biglaugh:

how's that for an invitation to Saturday night chat?

don';t make it at 5. Make it about seven or so..

If you know when you'll be there, belle, I'll try to come in too.

Shellon and I had fun with David the other night. :biglaugh:

would love, Love, LOVE to chat with y'all! I dunno my buddy's rehab schedule but will check tomorrow to help nail down a time. I suspect that I shan't be at her rehab facility too late either way. :)