GreaseSpot Cafe

The Ultimate Mark & Avoid

mzimagine

Be thankful that you do not live in an Arab country.

I just finished a book called Honor Lost which was a true story. A girl who was suspected of sin was stabbed 12 times in the chest by her father. Upon examination after death, it was proven she was a virgin.

His responsibility was to purge the evil for his family. It is a custome that the brothers and fathers are responsible to committ this crime of homor if a daughter or sister is suspected. A young lady must not be seen with a young man, no hand holding, no kissing. There is to be a male chaparone with her at all times.

The Way threw many of us out because of "godly spiritual suspicion". Religions can be cruel. Why do so many use religious beliefs to justify evil actions?

The greatest reverse mark & avoid was when four way corps grads confronted the BOT on their sins of adultery. The BOT was given time to change their ways and adjust to a Godly lifestyle.

After the aloted time, the BOT was not making the neccesary changes; and these four top leadership way corps wrote them a followup letter and in essence, told the BOT that they were Mark & Avoided.

This letter (16 pages) was, at one time in the hands of extwi, and maybe some more exway corps are in possession of this letter. I don't know if Pawtucket has it; but it set the record straight and put the BOT on notice: Shape up or we will not longer accept you as leadership.

The time frame was prior to Criss Geer giving the Ok for LCM to fire key personell.

Two of the writers were Bo R. and John Ly*N

I forgot the other two writers but somebody knows.

The 16 page letter was given to me and I passed it on to extwi of Waydale. He never posted it on Waydale (Paul's court date was approaching)

It is a tell-it-like-it-is letter, very kind and loving but confronting.

I'll check to see if I have a copy. I thought I sent the only copy I had to extwi.

I think the other 2 on that letter were Ralph D and Robert B*lt, it was posted here or at the old waydale at one point in time, I think it was much lomger like about 36 pagesand as I recall didnt mention specific sins....

Back to the question:

quote:
Why do so many use religious beliefs to justify evil actions?

Its the history of religion from the beginning, I was rereading an account in Genesis yesterday, when a whole village was murdered by Jacob and his sons for a similar transgression--its absolutely appalling, but these types of people and behaviours are at the core of many religions, and its really no wonder the heinous acts committed in the name of religion when people like this are unconditionally revered as role models and heroes.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh, this reminds me of these stories you hear of men killing their daughters or sisters because they were raped. They say it's like a beautiful dish that has been broken. Damaged goods. You can say it's in the name of religion or whatever, but these guys are sick bastards. Where's the humanity?

On a side note, I don't know what Arab country mz is referring to, but I know they can't all be like that. Jordan seems to be a fairly liberal country, they even had an American Queen for a time there. (Queen Noor)

rottieangelanimated.gif

GRRRL POWER!