GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Disciples Group XVII

bliss

Happy {NOT } Way Anniversary Greasespotters!

Here are the 6 cities that this new group of young, enthusiastic, zealous,and very gullible kids will be, holding forth the Verd for the next........I dunno, how long??? Is it 6 months now or a year?

Anyway, we have:

Boise,Idaho(((((((((((yay))))))eusa_clap.gif

AnnArbor,Michigan(((((((yay))))))eusa_clap.gif

Columbus, Georgia ((((((yay))))))eusa_clap.gif

Austin, Texas ((((yay)))))))eusa_clap.gif

Pensacola, Florida ((((((yay)))))))eusa_clap.gif

and

finally

London, Ontario, Canada (((((((whoohooo))))))eusa_clap.gif

All @14 of them are gonna run classes up a storm.....I just have that feeling........

Because, the new theme is

"The First Century Church In the Twenty First"!!!

*please keep their safety in your prayers....seriously.

**edited because bliss musta deleted boise without noticing rolleyes.gif

Edited by bliss

6 cities? 14 of these kids? Are they sending them out in pairs now, then, rather than "families" of 4-6?

I wish the disciples well in all that they as individuals could learn.

And the best they can have is that the eyes of their understanding are opened very wide to see the unChristianness of the organization they are promoting.

6 cities? 14 of these kids? Are they sending them out in pairs now, then, rather than "families" of 4-6?

I wish the disciples well in all that they as individuals could learn.

And the best they can have is that the eyes of their understanding are opened very wide to see the unChristianness of the organization they are promoting.

They may be moving them around after 3, 4, 0r 6 months. lcm started that sort of thing

when most of the twi'ers left in 1988-1990.

Exposure to other Christians might indeed prove eye-opening for these kids.

We can wait and pray and see what happens.

ROFL@ 5 cities. That means they have an exceptionally dismal turnout. 5 cities. I am not counting the one in London, Ontario because those are typically manned with followers in that local area. Perhaps they are moving some Canadians around but I seriously doubt they are sending folks from the USA there. I remember in the late 90s there would be many locations all across the USA, now they can barely muster 5, with some I/O support in Canada.

Pssst....hey Rosalie - that no debt policy sure is help your efforts! Keep up the good work....pfff....a$$.

Let's put this in perspective..... The map is numbered according to Bliss's list.

1) Boise, Idaho

2) AnnArbor, Michigan

3) Columbus, Georgia

4) Austin, Texas

5) Pensacola, Florida

6) London, Ontario, Canada

4165813331100117479n.jpg

Edited by OldSkool

1st century church in the 21st?....delusions of grandeur...

Records of the first century church would win several thousand souls in at a time...That's likely more people than can currently be counted on the way international's dismal attendance rolls....

wait.....now the list is 20!

I repeat, Way Disciples group XVII has 20 kids......

That's still a pretty dismal turnout..

Especially when we consider that a fraction of those are only going to meet their Way Corps training qualifications..

Lol.. And How many classes will they run actually run with more than 2 new folks that they bring in?? ZERO!

There were a couple hundered when I went in group 5. Then around 80 or so when I went in Group 7.

20 is hysterical. And they persist with that rate of attrition without changing their stupid ways. Good work guys! Keep it up. I need some pop corn for this...lol

There were a couple hundered when I went in group 5. Then around 80 or so when I went in Group 7.

It ain't getting any better, is it?! lol..

I'm trying to picture now what that auditorium would look like with them 20.. Gee.. Only the first row and a couple in the next.. Or will they space em out a seat in between like they've done in the past?!

PR has gotta be a pretty hard job these days.

I wonder why they even persist..

I wonder even more how they came up with the bizarre variety of locations. They don't seem to have anything in common..

You have a college town, a retirement area.. some place representative of rural America..

why Georgia, I can't figure. Maybe they like peaches, or pecans..

or maybe they just threw darts at a board at a distance..

ha!

well..

Idaho, I really can't figure..

they are supposed to get JOBS aren't they?

just seems.. out in the cold October weather in the middle of nowhere so to speak..

what's it cost to go "wow" anymore?

even in better economic times I had a hard time trying to find a part time job in late August and September to cater to my needs..

ha!

well..

Idaho, I really can't figure..

they are supposed to get JOBS aren't they?

just seems.. out in the cold October weather in the middle of nowhere so to speak..

what's it cost to go "wow" anymore?

even in better economic times I had a hard time trying to find a part time job in late August and September to cater to my needs..

Ya, they can scrape ends together by working at McDonalds or someplace entry level and part time. Then brag about their stellar believing....good lord am I glad I am out of there.

But, they really hype the "spiritual" impact they will have. The "training" sessions are loaded with the record where Jesus sent out people and how their impact was so great even the devil himself became involved. Then they draw the parallels with them and the groups Jesus sent out. Then they talk about all the spiritual impact that will happen: crime will fall, spirit strongholds will be broken, and they will find those people the devil has hidden within his kingdom that are hungering and thirsting after righteousness.

Heck, in group 5 as we were driving towards our assigned city the team coordinator (an apprentice way corps gal) started hypothesizing about how our vehicles must appear to the spirits as we were getting closer. Her theory was we were energized from the weekend's training session and to the watching spirits we would appear as approaching lights. And oh how bright we were....pun intended. As one 18 year old participant sat there starry eyed and went "ohhhhh" I sat in the backseat wondering wtf kinda garbage I was being exposed to.

No wonder I became a grease spot. :biglaugh:

I don't mean to sound as though I have no compassion for these kids because I do-------as individuals. But, from the perspective of the organization, do we really hope they achieve any level of success?

Uhhh.....no.

what I see in this.. they've chosen a rather wide variety of venues. That is, as wide a variety as six "teams" can invade (ahem, witness to)..

maybe it's their last gasp for breath..

or close to it..

they want to reach either any or all of..

a rural community

a retirement village

a *very* college (intellectual) community..

whatever Georgia and Austin Texas have to offer..

maybe they want to know who really wants them.. as an organization..