GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Disciples Group XVII

bliss

No... but it's always existed on the other side of existence..

we (in the crazy Squirrel's opinion) have made too many agreements to avoid it here, at least entirely..

why flee from perfection, one might ask..

maybe one just needed just a short coffee (or gawd forbid.. cigarette) break..

:biglaugh:

We were told, in FellowLaborers, that we were patterning our lives after life in "the first century church". But, there really wasn't any unified version of "The Church" in the first century. Sooooooo------how does that work? All we were doing was experimenting with communal living. I did learn how to sprout Mung Beans, though.

Did they sprout Mung Beans in the first century?

Edited by waysider

I've heard of "opening a can of whoop-a$$", but never a "can of demons". biglaugh.gif

I have heard of opening a can of Gooses Assholes!

I think the only people they might have a chance at success with are those without an internet connection. Go GSC!

I will alert AUSTIN TEXAS!

Same old song and dance!

http://hubpages.com/_248ezk3sm01f9/hub/Cults-should-be-considered-Germ-Warfare

regarding that little numbnuts.. I really don't have any more to say. Blood is on his own head..

addicted to admiration of "da people"..

friggin idjit..

you're on your own fella..

He's a chip off the ole' block, no doubt. This little blurb is from the sowers website.

Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight.

I love the verbage....."charged with oversight"....who did the charging? Mcmullin and gang? God? ... who in their right mind gets their kicks on letting people know they can "dismiss" volunteers....mmmm....fire volunteers, eh? Nice....anywho.

"Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight."

Funny you should mention that. Both those things actually DID occur over the course of time I spent in FellowLaborers. Perhaps these new recruits would like to know what it will feel like to be kicked to the curb, without explanation, at 3AM. Or maybe they prefer to experience it for themselves.

Edited by waysider

"Any volunteer may be dismissed at any time and/or program cancelled at sole discretion of those charged with oversight."

Funny you should mention that. Both those things actually DID occur over the course of time I spent in FellowLaborers. Perhaps these new recruits would like to know what it will feel like to be kicked to the curb, without explanation, at 3AM. Or maybe they prefer to experience it for themselves.

Yep, it's the same reconstituted control structure that promises to produce the same tyrannical, abuses perpetrated by his grandfather's efforts. As much as they want to distance themselves from the way international in the end they are just another offshoot following the same failed recipe that Victor Paul Wierwille used.

And, it's only a matter of time until someone comes along and disagrees with the mini-MOG or the mini-MOG just simply decides that someone needs to go for some "spiritual" reason and they will find themselves curbside in the middle of the night, heart broken and victimized by the mini-MOG.

Uh-oh, I am :offtopic:

:biglaugh:

IMO the Way Disciples has turned into a way for TWI parents to get kids out of the house, and have apprentice Corps babysitters for 6 months.

In that, they are functioning similarly to the Mormon missions. Except they are 2 years long. With them it seems the program is just as much about indoctrinating the kids further as it is about winning new people.

In fact, with Way D it is exactly that. Even look at the title of the program. The original program was "Word Over the World Ambassadors". The vision was outreach, even reading the title. The Way D program there really isn't a global vision like that. It is making "disciples". Indoctrinated little Way minions. Helps mom and dad kick the kids out to get their own life, helps the feeder program for the Corps.

With all that's wrong with it, it's about the only thing in TWI that actually has some semblance of enthusiasm left to it. At least you have a few people in a new city with a vision. There's no vision to much of anything else in the Way. Magazines? STS? Vomit-inducing boredom. Fellowship? Pockets of little fiefdoms and cliques. Research? That implies education. TWI doesn't support education. You can't take out student loans, and staff kids go to Bowling Green on basically welfare money because the parents make minimum wage.

No - those kids remind me of Elton John's lyrics - "it seems to me you've lived your life like a candle in the wind".

Austin, Texas----The Live Music Capital of The World

Maybe they're hoping to resurrect Joyful Noise.

"Invite these kids to come and see our movie, Paradise Recovered, at Austin Film Festival. They can be my guests!"(my friend sent this message)

With all that's wrong with it, it's about the only thing in TWI that actually has some semblance of enthusiasm left to it.

My experiences, being way D 2x, is the enthusiasm is quickly extinguished after a few weeks in the program. Once the extremely tight lifestyle restrictions are realized, and the fatigue, the only excitement left is looking forward to finishing the program.

• Upvote 1