GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Disciples Group XVII

bliss

ROFLMA - Ann Arbor! Seriously? I wish them all the luck (yes, I said luck) in the world (that evil, evil world) in Ann Arbor, they are going to need it! Lets see: Economy in Michigan, in the tank. No jobs to be found.

Cost of Living in Ann Arbor, very expensive college town, no cheap housing there.

General atmosphere of Ann Arbor, very liberal (i.e. not inclined to give the time of day to a fundy group).

College town to be sure and we know TWI likes to try to recruit those young college kids. But these aren't just any college kids. U of M is a very difficult school to get into. You have to maintain a pretty high GPA in high school and score high on the SATs to get into that school. This means these kids are no dummies! And, again I say liberal and not inclined toward the fundy mentality. The President of the student body is (gasp) a homosexual and the students are rallying behind him in the face of personal attacks from an nutjob who works for the State Attorney General. The college as a whole is rallying behind this kid and has banned said nutjob assistant AG from their campus.

Yeah, I wish them all the luck in Ann Arbor - roflmaopmp. They are going to be chased out of town so fast their heads will be spinning! ahahahahahahahahahhaaa

****newsflash*****

All WD of Ann Arbor have jobs and housing!!!

((((((whoot whoot)))))drink.gif

Doing what? I want details on this one. I live near Ann Arbor and have family there. I'm dying to know what kind of work they found and if they will earn enough to cover the cost of food and housing. Or is TWI subsidising the disciples these days?

so.. why Ann Arbor? Students are a little smarter, for sure. But then there's the possibility of "winning" drunk or otherwise inebriated students with shill or date and switch techniques..

it's really a long shot.

They aren't exactly "sent" to run classes though, are they? Isn't the whole purpose to "confront" da world with der verd? Or in other words, a program to "train" the group in methods of being obnoxious?

ROFLMA - Ann Arbor! Seriously? I wish them all the luck (yes, I said luck) in the world (that evil, evil world) in Ann Arbor, they are going to need it! Lets see: Economy in Michigan, in the tank. No jobs to be found.

Cost of Living in Ann Arbor, very expensive college town, no cheap housing there.

General atmosphere of Ann Arbor, very liberal (i.e. not inclined to give the time of day to a fundy group).

College town to be sure and we know TWI likes to try to recruit those young college kids. But these aren't just any college kids. U of M is a very difficult school to get into. You have to maintain a pretty high GPA in high school and score high on the SATs to get into that school. This means these kids are no dummies! And, again I say liberal and not inclined toward the fundy mentality. The President of the student body is (gasp) a homosexual and the students are rallying behind him in the face of personal attacks from an nutjob who works for the State Attorney General. The college as a whole is rallying behind this kid and has banned said nutjob assistant AG from their campus.

Yeah, I wish them all the luck in Ann Arbor - roflmaopmp. They are going to be chased out of town so fast their heads will be spinning! ahahahahahahahahahhaaa

Doing what? I want details on this one. I live near Ann Arbor and have family there. I'm dying to know what kind of work they found and if they will earn enough to cover the cost of food and housing. Or is TWI subsidising the disciples these days?

I'll try to find out, but I am sure it's McDonalds or something similar.

They go to this kind of a town to BACK DOWN THE ADVERSARY, don't ya know?evildenk.gif

Perfect place for them to brag about how many debil spurts they dealt with and WHY they couldn't get a class run there.

so.. they are basically sending da "flock" into what they would term a den of lions..

I really understand the mentality here.

I also was part of the organization once..

curious. How old are those in the group? What kind of *overseers* and how old are they?

any college graduates among them (way corpse training need not apply here)?

High school graduates?

Anybody who is/was working on a profession, a career?

I took the class as a college student,I had just moved to Oklahoma City,near Tinker AFB (Military family) I was making new friends and this group seemed really cool.

(and they were,we had a lot of fun that year,flirting and going to bars(((witnessing))) had louds of guys over for twig,the people I hung out with really didn't know anymore than I did about the bible (except for a few ordained folks who I still keep in contact with and they are OUT of The Way International now)

anyhoo.....the friendships over the years is still there in that group of people(that 1 twig)but mainly....it was like this

I had never opened a bible and just took the class and thought ....Oh okay I will take this with a grain of salt and a shot of tequila! Bad choice like drinking and driving!

How old are those in the group? What kind of *overseers* and how old are they?

any college graduates among them (way corpse training need not apply here)?

High school graduates?

Anybody who is/was working on a profession, a career?

Well, from what I can tell most are very young. Either post college or right out of high school. My experiences is that less and less older, more established people go. Perhaps the no debt policy discourages that? :rolleyes:

Usually, the older folks who go are there because they have to be there to get into the way corps.

Either way, the vast majority of participants (when I was around) were either straight out of high school or right out of college.

Usually the reasoning for the high school kids is to develop the growth and discipline for college. :rolleyes:

And for the newly graduated college kids? You guessed it: To develop the growth and discipline that only speaking the word for 6 months can bring.

Goof balls sacrifice their young as free labor to that god awful cult.

Well, from what I can tell most are very young. Either post college or right out of high school. My experiences is that less and less older, more established people go. Perhaps the no debt policy discourages that? :rolleyes:

Goof balls sacrifice their young as free labor to that god awful cult.

Yup.. 95% of the "around 60" that went out this month are under the age of 25.. And most of them will be like those in Michigan.. Working at Mickey D's.. I mean, they were so excited they got jobs the first day.. Umm, yeah, at MCD! Wow.. What a kick in the devil's booty that was. Bet you couldn't have done better in your home town, right?!

Ok, I'm not mocking them and all. We were all there. I worked at MCD my first WOW year.. Only one in my family that did.. Guess the rest of the crew was smarted than me! lol..

But the saddest part is that these kids, cause frankly, the majority of them are, will spend 6 months trying to convince people to take this boring class (No, not even as exciting as the old PFAL class), and try to prove their ego leaders are rights about the BS they've fed their kids.. And anyone who doesn't agree, they think has no brains.. Wow.. What a disconnect from reality!

I have heard W.D. cannot be fresh out of high school. TWI prefers candidates with more life experience, Adv. class grads, out of debt and bringing around $1200+ on the field to get set up. (Cost of living) Recent college grads are good b/c they have some discipline already from studying and passing exams and sometimes are more socially adept due to college life....maybe more than most 40 year olds who have already settled into their careers. WD certainly teaches people to get pass the NO's in life and not take people personal. There are still people out there who are praying to have a personal relationship with God. It's good that somebody is out there making it happen. Prayerfully these WD will be much better for it. Although it is a much much more strict program than WOW - good thing it's only 6 months!

I have heard W.D. cannot be fresh out of high school. TWI prefers candidates with more life experience, Adv. class grads, out of debt and bringing around $1200+ on the field to get set up. (Cost of living) Recent college grads are good b/c they have some discipline already from studying and passing exams and sometimes are more socially adept due to college life....maybe more than most 40 year olds who have already settled into their careers. WD certainly teaches people to get pass the NO's in life and not take people personal. There are still people out there who are praying to have a personal relationship with God. It's good that somebody is out there making it happen. Prayerfully these WD will be much better for it. Although it is a much much more strict program than WOW - good thing it's only 6 months!

WD certainly can be fresh out of HS. Many of them are children of Staff or WC and go out the next year before entering college. The people out there praying to have a personal relationship with God are certainly not going to do it by meeting WD's. Or by "taking the class". But they will get caught up in the "love bombing" and "hype" surrounding those events.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/9/2010 at 0:24 AM, Broken Arrow said:

Similar to why they like to recruit in colleges. Military people tend to be young, more importantly, they are very mobile as they are often getting transferred from place to place. If you get them in TWI, hopefully they'll recruit others at other bases and so forth. Plus TWI may very well see it as an opportunity to affect the entire world since military are transferred about globally. Just thinkin'.

Ah! So you're a know-it-all! "ba-dum boom, crash!" :biglaugh: I'm just kidding I hope you know.

BA, people in the military, usually believe in some type of Supreme Being. "There are no unbelievers in foxholes."

Wanna hear something funny? I graduated from the 4th corpse in August,1976. My first "assignment" as a corpse grad was "State WOW Coordinator, MI". There were 20 WOW families sent to 10 different cities in MI, plus a slew of College WOWS at all the big college campuses in the state. Each team of WOWs was led by an Interim sickth corpse person or couple. That year of 1976-77, there was a two-family WOW team with a 6th corpse Coordinator, and there was an entire Way Home of College WOWs in Ann Arbor, coordinated by a 6th corpse couple. Between them they ran 9 classes, with 5 of them being large video classes. Many of those new grads went WOW, but they left 5 solid twigs behind in Ann Arbor, and 2 in Ypsilanti when they left. I highly doubt that what TWIt is sending out now will produce more than 5 grads, if that many. The world has changed. TWIt is so out of touch with reality, and so abjectly tone deaf to the human condition, because they have not changed at all, other than for the worse. Back in 1976, the toxic tentacles of Way-Nash had not reached the twigs and branches with its poison yet. That didn't really happen until 1979-80. So, the genuine experience of authentic Christian revival was seen in many places. Right now, in 2017, TWIt is so spiritually, culturally, and intellectually DEAD, and so completely dysfunctional socially and politically and economically, that all it has to offer is complete and total impotence in every beneficial form of human endeavor. A fitting tribute and legacy to that dead, drunk, sociopathic, paranoid narcissistic, serial rapist and sexual batterer, Nazi, racist, misogynistic, fraud of a subhuman being in his waterlogged crypt beneath the fountain. WD? Yup! Way Death..............peace.

Edited by DontWorryBeHappy
  • Upvote 6

51 minutes ago, DontWorryBeHappy said:

Wanna hear something funny? I graduated from the 4th corpse in August,1976. My first "assignment" as a corpse grad was "State WOW Coordinator, MI". There were 20 WOW families sent to 10 different cities in MI, plus a slew of College WOWS at all the big college campuses in the state. Each team of WOWs was led by an Interim sickth corpse person or couple. That year of 1976-77, there was a two-family WOW team with a 6th corpse Coordinator, and there was an entire Way Home of College WOWs in Ann Arbor, coordinated by a 6th corpse couple. Between them they ran 9 classes, with 5 of them being large video classes. Many of those new grads went WOW, but they left 5 solid twigs behind in Ann Arbor, and 2 in Ypsilanti when they left. I highly doubt that what TWIt is sending out now will produce more than 5 grads, if that many. The world has changed. TWIt is so out of touch with reality, and so abjectly tone deaf to the human condition, because they have not changed at all, other than for the worse. Back in 1976, the toxic tentacles of Way-Nash had not reached the twigs and branches with its poison yet. That didn't really happen until 1979-80. So, the genuine experience of authentic Christian revival was seen in many places. Right now, in 2017, TWIt is so spiritually, culturally, and intellectually DEAD, and so completely dysfunctional socially and politically and economically, that all it has to offer is complete and total impotence in every beneficial form of human endeavor. A fitting tribute and legacy to that dead, drunk, sociopathic, paranoid narcissistic, serial rapist and sexual batterer, Nazi, racist, misogynistic, fraud of a subhuman being in his waterlogged crypt beneath the fountain. WD? Yup! Way Death..............peace.

:eusa_clap::eusa_clap:

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 2:27 AM, DontWorryBeHappy said:

5 grads is hard to believe.  More like 0.