GreaseSpot Cafe

Way Disciples Group XVII

bliss

slightly off topic, out of curiousity does TWI have any believers in NC? not talking about CFFM and S&TF which does have such groups, but The Way International itself. Proably died out here after the Poop paper from Chrisy Poo in the late 80's. Burlington used to be limb HQ from late 70's/early 80's after harassment from ECU and Greenville.

If I were being forced to do this - I'd be ok with Fl, Ga, Tx - even Idaho - there's some lovely ski country out there. But Ann Arbor, Michigan???? The decaying rust belt?? I'd drop out. Why would they pick there?

For those who went WOW - didn't you hate it when you "believed" for a nice area like Fl, Arizona - somewhere different and nice to be sent, and you ended up getting sent to scum places like Baltimore, DC & 'burbs? And you watched with wistful envy your friends going to lovely places and you were sent back to the east coast where you grew up... I vowed never to go WOW again and, when leaders would ask, where would you like to go on assignment, I never told them because TWI leadership loved to play games. If you requested a place, they would send you to the total opposite.

"Godly" assignments my bu$t. If you believe that, I have a bridge to sell...

Ann Arbor - bummer.

Why Ann Arbor? Its a college town. It's where a lot of parents send their kids, who have absolutely no idea of what they want to do in life..

da way has always been keen on this idea..

new marks just ripe for the picking..

But Ann Arbor, Michigan???? The decaying rust belt?? I'd drop out. Why would they pick there?

It's a huge college town, the home of the University of Michigan. If they can make inroads there, maybe that will pay off in terms of outreach since college students are so mobile.

Edited by Broken Arrow

My experiences, being way D 2x, is the enthusiasm is quickly extinguished after a few weeks in the program. Once the extremely tight lifestyle restrictions are realized, and the fatigue, the only excitement left is looking forward to finishing the program.

Funny - I don't doubt it. The excitement is around the "idea" of Way D and the areas that they are coming to.

The actuality of anything in the Way is mind-numbingly and excruciatingly boring and painful.

slightly off topic, out of curiousity does TWI have any believers in NC? not talking about CFFM and S&TF which does have such groups, but The Way International itself. Proably died out here after the Poop paper from Chrisy Poo in the late 80's. Burlington used to be limb HQ from late 70's/early 80's after harassment from ECU and Greenville.

Thomas, I am sure there are believers in the Asheville area (the guy that used to be in Hickory), with a few in the Morganton area. I know there are believers in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area, and the Raleigh/Cary area. I know these for sure, and I assume there are others in other areas.

Columbus, GA has a military base, is there a major college there as well?

Ah, bingo! Military towns are prime as well. I lived in VA Beach sometime ago and there were always efforts afoot to witness to military. Not totally sure why?...maybe, having someone in the military mouth piece for the way international adds some of the credibility the way international so desperately wanst to establish?

Funny - I don't doubt it. The excitement is around the "idea" of Way D and the areas that they are coming to.

The actuality of anything in the Way is mind-numbingly and excruciatingly boring and painful.

Yes! Really, I had never made the distinction before. You bring up a really good point. The "buzz" is usually in the branches where they will serve the next 6 months. The local way corps get everyone excited and of course throughout the tenure the way disciples will start "training" the local fellowships "how to" witness boldly. Eeeks. Flashbacks!

ah yes. but with a broadband internet connection.. and for universities and military places its a must anymore.. one search, and the new "mark" can find that within a few years of mind-numbing classes and seminars, they can learn to moon walk like the "experts"

:biglaugh:

and hopefully figure out they need a higher education than da way has to offer.. in other words,go back to school.

It's either that or the strange moonwalk for the rest of their days..

"christians(?) [who] don't dance.."

shouldn't charge for dancing lessons, either.

****newsflash*****

All WD of Ann Arbor have jobs and housing!!!

((((((whoot whoot)))))drink.gif

Edited by bliss

Thomas, I am sure there are believers in the Asheville area (the guy that used to be in Hickory), with a few in the Morganton area. I know there are believers in the Greensboro/Winston-Salem area, and the Raleigh/Cary area. I know these for sure, and I assume there are others in other areas.

I knew that Asheville had Spirit and Truth Fellowship, and Charlotte while Christian Family Fellowship was strong in the Triad and Triangle areas. Surprised that TWI still had believers fellowships(Twigs) in North Carolina. I knew that there are independent house churches divorced from The Way International in places in the US Southeast.

Maybe they just threw darts at a map. It wouldn't be the first time,

No they used the Heavy Revalation of COW PLOP BINGO! *

Columbus, GA has a military base, is there a major college there as well?

Ah, bingo! Military towns are prime as well. I lived in VA Beach sometime ago and there were always efforts afoot to witness to military. Not totally sure why?

Similar to why they like to recruit in colleges. Military people tend to be young, more importantly, they are very mobile as they are often getting transferred from place to place. If you get them in TWI, hopefully they'll recruit others at other bases and so forth. Plus TWI may very well see it as an opportunity to affect the entire world since military are transferred about globally. Just thinkin'.

You know you want to know....I just keep you in the know!

ya know?thinking.gif

Ah! So you're a know-it-all! "ba-dum boom, crash!" :biglaugh: I'm just kidding I hope you know.

You know you want to know....I just keep you in the know!

ya know?thinking.gif

I know! Thanks!

Similar to why they like to recruit in colleges. Military people tend to be young, more importantly, they are very mobile as they are often getting transferred from place to place. If you get them in TWI, hopefully they'll recruit others at other bases and so forth. Plus TWI may very well see it as an opportunity to affect the entire world since military are transferred about globally. Just thinkin'.

Ah! So you're a know-it-all! "ba-dum boom, crash!" :biglaugh: I'm just kidding I hope you know.

Makes sense.