GreaseSpot Cafe

Wouldn't it be a gas?

GrouchoMarxJr

Invite 'em in.

Give 'em a cup of coffee.

Express an interest in what they had to say.

And ask the hard questions.

But it ain't gonna happen, where I am.

All are turned aside and doing their own thing. God bless 'em.

just make sure they are large beers. Very, very, large..

:biglaugh:

Fosters Lagers and Grace Slick painting white rabbitts ,with "down the rabbitt hole" toliet bowl flushing the green cards for the freakn PFAL class!

ha!

I watched the interview..

excuse my feeble paraphrase..

"we were so clueless to think if we dropped enough acid and intellectually improved ourselves... that we'd bring about some kind of revolution.."

you know.. she and Abbie Hoffman came about 600 micrograms close to changing Richard Nixon's destiny..

Sorry.. I'm just an observer here..

ha!

I watched the interview..

excuse my feeble paraphrase..

"we were so clueless to think if we dropped enough acid and intellectually improved ourselves... that we'd bring about some kind of revolution.."

you know.. she and Abbie Hoffman came about 600 micrograms close to changing Richard Nixon's destiny..

Sorry.. I'm just an observer here..

Yes! that is true.

Yeah.. they were invited to the White House..

no joke..

to see what I see.. all you'd have to do is smear some "stuff" along with what was the magic chemical.. DMSO.

It goes immediately through the skin. Along with whatever chemical that isn't in a molecularly sense, too large, right through one's skin..

Nixon could have *really* been a hippie..

hey.. there are worse things..

in a mathematical sense.. I'm ready to invoke Cauchy's theorem..or the deformation theorem..

your choice..

they both seem to be the same..

the *teacher* leaves us in suspense.. but I know the end evaluation..

math is "easy".. people.. well.. they are far more than worth it..

Maybe say...I was just looking on this website [the Cafe] and there's some stuff about your organization...could you explain it please?

And put the rottie by the door so's they couldn't leave (LOL).

I would bring my Book of Concord and Lutheran Handbook(Augsburg Fortress) to share with them :anim-smile::eusa_clap::biglaugh:

A former reverend (from long ago) of The Way told me that an excited young believer witnessed to him when he was living in Nashville. He went to fellowship several times before going to a big meeting where he was recognized. This has been about 10 years ago.

Before I invited them in, I would grab a can of whipped cream and hide it in the bathroom...

I would then invite them in, fix them coffee and and strike up a cordial conversation...

after a short while, I would excuse myself to the restroom...while filling mouth with whipped cream, I am flushing the toilet...

I then return to my seat and simply stare at them...after a few moments, I would roll my eyes to the back of head and start saying "satan is present"...over and over again while the whipped cream

spews out of my contorted mouth...perhaps I would even fall to the floor and start fliping around...

Can you imagine it? Some wayfers out witnessing and they knock on your door...

...what do you say?...this could be quite amusing...

I make it a point to be polite and courteous to whomever (and I DO mean whomever) knocks on my front door.

Chances are they don't really want to be there either, and it NEVER hurts to be polite and considerate.

No - - - the folks who HAVE knocked on the door don't get inside my house, but I don't "turn them away".

That's what front porches are for. :) I've seating for 3 or 4 folks on mine. It comes in handy time to time.

I don't have to accept whatever they are "selling", and they get the chance to "log time" at my house (if I have time to listen).

Win/ win all the way around. Even though they didn't "score" with me (making the sale or signing the green card or whatever),

they will with whomever they're proselytizing/ selling for. I remember those days myself and I don't envy them in the least.

I wish I had been treated more kindly in my days doing the same. Sometimes I was. More frequently than not, I wasn't.

But I'm guessing all of us here are familiar with THAT scenario, eh?

I would bring my Book of Concord and Lutheran Handbook(Augsburg Fortress) to share with them :anim-smile::eusa_clap::biglaugh:

Also the Scriptograph pamphlets on Lutheranism(6 booklets) from Channing Bete to give them along with paperbook Handbook previously mentioned. I would do this also with JW's and Mormons, plus Baptists.

I'm with dmiller, I have several local churches who do door-to-door in my neighborhood and I'm always nice. Every once in a while I get in a bible discussion with them; it takes about 30 seconds to go over their heads. I would imagine wayfers would be about the same. Although I don't know if TWI is even active in this state anymore; I'm not sure if those who were "in" when I was kicked out have been kicked out themselves!