GreaseSpot Cafe

Name the Song Author

bulwinkl

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a clue.

The person who wrote it is the same person who originally had a hit with it.

"Over 200 artists have recorded "Hi-Heel Sneakers". These include Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Sammy Davis Jr., Janis Joplin, Jose Feliciano, Buddy Guy & Junior Wells, Tom Jones, John Lee Hooker, Cleo Laine, Pharoah Sanders, Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead and Ramsey Lewis. There are many videos on youtube.com with performances by The Searchers on Shindig!, Zsa Zsa Gabor, The Mummies, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Faces, Sting and many more."

(I can't give a citation for that quote because the rest of it contains the answer.)

Edited by waysider

Here's a clue.

The person who wrote it is the same person who originally had a hit with it.

"Over 200 artists have recorded "Hi-Heel Sneakers". These include Carl Perkins, Elvis Presley, Jerry Lee Lewis, The Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, Stevie Wonder, Paul McCartney, Sammy Davis Jr., Janis Joplin, Jose Feliciano, Buddy Guy & Junior Wells, Tom Jones, John Lee Hooker, Cleo Laine, Pharoah Sanders, Jerry Garcia and The Grateful Dead and Ramsey Lewis. There are many videos on youtube.com with performances by The Searchers on Shindig!, Zsa Zsa Gabor, The Mummies, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Faces, Sting and many more."

(I can't give a citation for that quote because the rest of it contains the answer.)

I don't think Chuck Berry ever did anything that wasn't his so I'm going to say it was him. Was it?

I don't think Chuck Berry ever did anything that wasn't his so I'm going to say it was him. Was it?

No.

It was the pride of Springfield, Ohio, himself, Robert Higginbotham, better known as Tommy Tucker.

and here is his daughter-----CLICK

Free Post!!

Edited by waysider

• 2 months later...