GreaseSpot Cafe

Some Offshoots still somewhat marking and avoiding

Eagle

It's pretty much time to hang it up on most offshoots of TWI in my opinion. Unless you believe almost exactly to the doctrine they proscribe at any given time, they will in fact stop communicating with you. (To be fair, I have not had this experience with Spirit and Truth Fellowship, so even though I am not a part of that ministry, they have been pretty friendly about it.) But without naming the rest, I pretty much have given up. I have even donated significant amounts of money to some of these ministries and have sent emails to certain people involved that didn't discuss doctrine but just asked how things were going on and mild communication such as that. No response.

It is true that my beliefs are pretty much the opposite of much of what these ministries teach, but I hold no ill will toward them for having polar views. But dead silence is an indication, especially after several months or years, of an obvious wall of separation built between myself and these ministry leaders and other members of their group. I have tried my best to be friendly with them, I am a believer in Jesus Christ, just have certain doctrinal differences and that is it. I do believe that my opposition to certain Wierwille teachings had much to do with this.

My belief is that God Himself would not have us fighting over trivial matters. We can agree to disagree on certain doctrinal issues and go it at that. Frankly I have found more tolerance and compassion from athiests than I have from these ministries.

I cannot be the only one who has experienced this.

Eagle

Edited by Eagle

... But dead silence is an indication, especially after several months or years, of an obvious wall of separation built between myself and these ministry leaders and other members of their group. I cannot be the only one who has experienced this. ...

Eagle

'At's like when the doctor whacks your knee with the little rubber hammer thingie, yanno? To see if he can get a response. A response is a healthy reaction. No response neans something is QUITE obviously wrong.

jus'sayin'

If folks concentrated more on what they have in common, than in what they perceive as differences, hey, Christians might be better thought of.

But ,,, every one hath a psalm... a doctrine...a denomination. It's ego, and failure to recognize who the Lord Jesus Christ is.

I volunteer with a group of Christians in my city. There are nearly 30 different churches all sending volunteers on this task. We're from all sorts of backgrounds - Anglicans, Methodists, Baptists, at least two different home churches, and some have history before that with Plymouth Brethren, RCs, and ... even me, from TWI. And we all get on, and respect each other's differences. Because the desire to serve and carry God's message of care and compassion overcomes all and any differences. And it's making a real impact in our city.

If people want to cut themselves off, let 'em. If they want to prune themselves off the true vine...

• 2 weeks later...

God frist

thanks everybody

I always searching that one group will not judge me because see things different than most

not to join them but to talk others

I have gave up all X-Way even Spirit and Truth Fellowship

they judge me but I do understand Why?

it the same God I love

I even had problem here

there people who think it their calling to change me

they to name calling

but does upset me

what even they want

because i say a mouth full

I do this with hopes they will learn

because I want everybody to have a change