GreaseSpot Cafe

State of the Spot

pawtucket

I'm going to compile all my stuff into one thread cuz I'm the lazy one. So lazy that I wasn't going to say anything and just let the fading do it's fading with me fading as well.

Paw, you know of my support and encouragement for you and my love for you, but I'm glad you're going to not have to deal with this anymore. I know you've hung on and hung on and tied another knot and hung on some more when you might have rather let the damn rope go.

It's been my joy to be a part of all this since Waydale and having my opinion voiced and heard when Greasespot was being conceived, figured out, nutured and finally home birthed.

omg we've had some serious laughs, we've cried, we've wondered what the he!! as often. I'm sorry for almost breaking the site a few times; I was cutting my fix crap teeth without the benefit of asking for help.

Paw has given his time, blood, sweat and tears into the site at the expense of a personal and private life and while I've often said to him "what the heck are you doing, drop that mess" he knew of the need or trusted enough to tie that knot one more time.

I am Shellon and I was a greasespot moderator for awhile. I didn't get a rockin moderator name cuz I couldn't come up with something I liked. It was a horrible job that I loved most of the time but screamed into a pillow about some of the time and was blessed to be able to help and give all of the time. I never want to do such a thing ever again.

The weenie roasts ! oh wow, yeah, now there are some memories ! I can't speak for the trooper incident, isn't there still a gag order in place on that one? Suffice to say it was a blast and it was an experience I'll not soon forget, as well as every other event we've somehow managed to pull off around here. Whether it was in some campground somewhere or my front yard; memories have clearly been made.

Chat years ago was wet yer britches funny sometimes, sob your heart out other times, but a really amazing group of people with some common ground on which to meet up and hang out and see what might happen.

The first time my eldest daughter was MIA, I hung in chat and it kept me from driving my car up and down 2 tracks in search of her blood body or from taking her out myself if I did find her.

As I adapted to being a Widow, chat was there then as I decided it was ok to tell that story, the threads here have provided a landing pad on which to spew out my crap.

The Beastiality night, yeah, that was pretty intense, to say the least. But those that were still moderators, and Paw, took care of it so well, so quickly, so efficiently, most didn't even know something had gone on.

I was thinking I wouldn't miss this joint, but after a day or so of it sinking in that it's not going to be here, I understand it's a part of my life; I never would have believed it might be.

Bowtwi and I have developed and maintained an amazing friendship that I treasure, Tcat and I remain in touch after reconnecting here, a few others still let me call them to talk about some crisis with the girls. When Kelly was so very sick, I knew I could rely on prayers from some. When my step dad died last April at the same time as her illness, yup........prayers.

My thanks is abundant and humble and this place will be missed. I will try to stop in chat for a New Years Eve send off but it's my mama's 75th birthday, so it'll be iffy. If I miss you all, God Bess You and thank you for being a part of who I am for so long.

Paw if I can help, hollar at me. If I break the place now it might be less painful.

Oh, my goodness! I have no words. :( This place helped me regain my sanity and the patrons, my self-esteem, cognitive skills and so much more. I plan to spend the week-end contacting those I would die if I could not maintain contact in some way.

There is so much more to say, Paw, to let you know how very much I appreciate the cafe, your efforts, the time and effort of the moderators and how very, very much the cafe has meant to me through the years. I will have to compose my thoughts into something more coherent and succinct. Wish I would finally get that winning lottery ticket so we could keep the doors open. :D

All I can say right now, is THANK YOU! LOVE YOU! :jump: What a long, strange trip it's been.

It...

just...

won't...

die!!!!

Now, at the end of days, there is a song out about your obsession. They think they're singing "Drop the THE" about Facebook but we know better.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Okay, I'm wanting to look over my old posts and it will only go back one year. How do I go back to the beginning of this edition, which I thought was 2002 ? There's some memories I want to print out.

TommyZ- try putting TommyZ in the search box I see some of your posts going back to 2002 by that method

Now, at the end of days, there is a song out about your obsession. They think they're singing "Drop the THE" about Facebook but we know better.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNyyNrD5_r4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

NNNNNOOOOOOOOO wwwayyyyyy!!! :realmad:

This was a post I was looking for from Sept. of 2002.

"This morning we got a black and white short haired kitten. He's sleeping while I'm typing this.

Right now we're feeding him "Eukanuba" which is what he got at the pet store.

We haven't decided on a name yet. We're thinking of naming him "Bob" after a friend of ours' who's allergic to cats !"

Bob the Cat is 8 1/2 years old now. No mice have gotten into the house so he chases bats that have gotten in instead. I guess instead of a "mouser" he's a "batter."

Oh, my goodness! I have no words. :( This place helped me regain my sanity and the patrons, my self-esteem, cognitive skills and so much more. I plan to spend the week-end contacting those I would die if I could not maintain contact in some way.

There is so much more to say, Paw, to let you know how very much I appreciate the cafe, your efforts, the time and effort of the moderators and how very, very much the cafe has meant to me through the years. I will have to compose my thoughts into something more coherent and succinct. Wish I would finally get that winning lottery ticket so we could keep the doors open. :D

All I can say right now, is THANK YOU! LOVE YOU! :jump: What a long, strange trip it's been.

Yeah.....everything Belle said.

This place has been a Godsend. I can't imagine what my journey from cultdom to FREEDOM would have been like without all the wonderful patrons here at The Cafe. Breakfast -- Lunch -- Dinner -- Foodfights and all....its been my mainstay thru the years.

Thank you all.

Well I think this is cause for a great celebration of and for the lives that have been touched by GSC over the past decade.

I celebrate the accomplishments in every way.

Thank you Paw and all who kept this site going.

And for all involved in posting, to which made GSC what it is.

And thanks for it's Graceful end, as we all aspire to die well.

Hearts bigger then this site see the love and drive it takes to run and post here.

GSC takes it's place in history of the everlasting now.

May we all see it, and it's long lasting effects that will never die.

Greasespot opened over 10 years ago. Lots of people have passed through on their journey. My hope has been that a few have found some answers, maybe some lost friends or new friends.

I've enjoyed most hearing from folks that have found some tidbits of info to help them on their way.

Lots could be said.

But the truth is the way that things are right now in my life, I think that I will have to close the Spot as of December 31st. I don't have the resources mentally or financially to keep this place going. Thanks to the Moderators, they've really kept this site alive for the past few years.

I will miss it, as I am sure some of you will. And the rest just won't have me to kick around anymore.

Ohmygosh. I just read this. I'm so sorry you must close down the shop, Paw, but I surely understand. You've done more than your share to help so many pepoe. Thanks a million for all you've done to let us all share our stories here.

Hugs,

Charlene

Oh my... and I have no words... how ever can i thank you Paw for having this site.

you would think after all that time out of TWi I would have found my way to healthier thinking .. but no it really took coming here and reading I don't even know how many threads and articles... and crying and rethinking my positions.

For me, I have come to not only understand myself better but my Dear hubby.

I have come to recognize TWi for what it really was ... to make peace with my self for getting entangled in it..

and all of you here have given me back a part of me I lost to TWI. Thank you all for your patience with me when I first got here and was trying to understand what TWI really was. For all the information you gave me, For pointing me to other threads that would answer my questions and for sharing your stories so all my puzzle pieces woud fit together and make sense.

I am sure I will miss reading here.......I pretty much finished posting awhile ago.....the last little go around I had here did it for me.

Keeping TWI that fresh in my life isn't all that important to me. What I am doing in the present is what matters most.

I can see people newly out needing a place to vent, explore, connect, and heal, but I have been out a long time.

The die hard faithful in TWI have access to all the info they need to walk away. It is all out there. The lies, the abuse, the cheating, the greed, and the collective pain it all caused. If they decide to stay with such a group.....maybe they deserve what they get....maybe that is who they want to be?I don't know.....and care less and less as time passes.

It is the people here that matter to me....I have made some sweet connections and I can keep those. . . . . with good people. Thanks for the opportunity to connect.

I am happy for Pawtucket. Most of you know what an amazing person he is......and I have been kinda fascinated by him if truth be told. Such sweeping life changes and real positive influence on the lives of others. I wish him ALL the best. I can't wait to see where his journey takes him. I hope I get to take a peek.

Kit, thank you for reminding us about the donate button. I hadn't thought of Greasespot when the economy was tanking; it just makes sense, though.

Hey, if it was only money, we could fix that. But everybody gets the chance to breathe, and if Paw needs that, I'll be thankful for what we've had.

That said, let's all of us go to the button on the front page, and donate what we can. I doubt that we'll come close to reimbursing him for what he's spent on Greasespot over the years.

By opening this site I think Paw did more good for more people than the Way ever did. Although I had learned about the abuse from one of the victims, I was able to get a better grasp of how pervasive the evil really was after joining Greasespot. My attitude grew from being glad I left and got on with my life to being glad for the others who left and hoping they are able to get on with their lives. I wish everyone well and hope your lives are filled with love, joy and happiness.