GreaseSpot Cafe

Fabio Lives

Oakspear

For about five years starting in 2002 a group of Greasespotters got together, usually in Tennessee or the general area, to drink, laugh, carouse, drink, reminisce, plot, drink and camp. Oh yeah...and drink. I missed the first one, but managed to make it down for the 2nd in 2003.

Several of us reserved a multi-bedroom cabin, some of us stayed at a campsite, Pawtucket was going to attend.

On Friday evening, most of those who planned on being there were gathered in the main room of the cabin, eating and drinking beer; Pawtucket had not yet arrived. As it turned out, no one in the group had ever met Pawtucket or had seen a picture of him. I remembered seeing somewhere that he had been described as looking like Fabio.

So here we are, waiting for a Fabio-like being to show up. The women were expectant, the men ready to feel inferior. At about 7:00PM in walks a tall grey-haired man that no one knew, who looked nothing like Fabio. Rascal asked him his name: "Paw" he replies. Every one of us swore that he said "Paul". Paul? Who the heck is Paul? So Rascal questions him a little further, "What's your other name?" Pawtucket gives his first name, which happens to coincide with the screen name of militant pro-Wierwille poster who was very active at the time. It got very quiet. At this point Pawtucket is thinking that maybe he's in the wrong place.

Again, Rascal asks - "Your Greasespot name, what is it?" - and he replies "Pawtucket". So I tell him that we were expecting a, shall we say, more blonde and sculpted guy.

I still don't remember where I eard that he looked like fabio

Good times, good memories.

I remember very well freaking Sudo out when I called him by name - and he couldn't imagine how I knew he was him. (It was on account of my memory of his avatar right here on GreaseSpot, no big mystery.

That joke was the funniest told joke I ever did hear. (Not to be confused with the funniest joke, just told the funniest...)

I also remember my first words to Pawtucket that weekend. I said, "Oh, I wish you'd slept in my bed last night!" What I meant by that was we didn't arrive until the wee hours of day two and the bed the princess and I had rented went un-slept in that first night.

I also remember thinking we were all going to jail and I hadn't even drank a drop, not even of Littlehawk's famous par juice! That entire episode with the TN state park cop remains one of my funniest camping memories.

Edited by bowtwi

My sinuses are permanently cleared due to the "pear juice"...

That joke went on and on, didn't it?

Sudo had some other priceless moments that weekend: trying to drink as much as he could while allegedly pouring out our booze as ordered by the cop, and the infamous pole dance

I heard about Paw's arrival when meeting a few GS'ers for dinner in Connecticut.

It was me, Paw, Steve!, Shazdancer, and some more posters who didn't post a lot.

(I don't know who'd still want to be mentioned, and who was there in a case or 2.)

Looking back, it sounded hysterical. I pictured myself being there when he gave his

name, and mentally reaching behind me to pick up a chair.

:)

My sinuses are permanently cleared due to the "pear juice"...

That joke went on and on, didn't it?

Sudo had some other priceless moments that weekend: trying to drink as much as he could while allegedly pouring out our booze as ordered by the cop, and the infamous pole dance

Ha! I'd forgotten all about the pole dance!!!

But I'll never forget when the cop said to pour out the beer or go to jail, all of us and sudo stood right there in front of that cop and everybody and started chuggin!!!

Thanks to your wise intervention I didn't get banned from all future weenie roasts for pouring out the par juice... redface.gif

Don't feel bad. People mistake me for Fabio all the time. Or is it Don Knots? I get the two mixed up.

Hmmm, now that you mention it... I don't recall ever seeing the two of them in the same room at the same time...

Thanks to your wise intervention I didn't get banned from all future weenie roasts for pouring out the par juice... redface.gif

I know that we hid the "pear juice" (for those who don't know, that's code for "moonshine") in one of the tents as well as some of the more expensive stuff (Crown Royal maybe?) before the man in uniform saw them. One of those survival reflexes or sumpin'

While the cop was there, mission number one was to protect the pear juice at all costs.

And Rascal had the attention of the cop while all the shuffling went on.

I'm going to try to find the actual video. I know that I have Sudo's jokes on an audio clip somewhere in this mess.

Was that the year that we lost one of Rascal's kids on a snipe hunt? The look in her eyes!!!

hmmmm, I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the roast with the cops in TN and the snipe hunt in KY?

I'm thinking those were two different years. (I have been wrong a time or two before so I'm not saying I'm positive,

but I'm thinking maybe...)

And I'm thinking it was Rascal's friend's kid that was lost on the snipe hunt, not one of Rascal's very own.

Edited by bowtwi

Oak - Were you at the one with the snipe hunt fiasco?

Yes, I was there, but I was drinking industrial quantities of beer and playing my kazoo while Sudo pole danced with the tree while the snipe hunt was being perpetrated.

Weren't pictures posted? I swear I saw one of Sudo getting fresh with the tree!

Pictures were posted. They're probably on here somewhere!

hmmmm, I'm not 100% sure, but wasn't the roast with the cops in TN and the snipe hunt in KY?

I'm thinking those were two different years. (I have been wrong a time or two before so I'm not saying I'm positive,

but I'm thinking maybe...)

It was tenn ...

It was Rascals kid her friends kid and dejarneros kid...all three under 11 I think...lost in the dark woods of tenn...I`m hearing bankos playin...The look in my eyes???? The hysteria in my voice...the rage with those who left the kids...omg I never saw a camp site clear out so fast in search...lmao....

Makes sense; I think rascal's husband might have been involved...

Little Hawk staged the snipe hunt for shellons benefit...Rascal husband (guest spouse) was supposed to keep the kids safe....but had been in the pear juice so forgot...little hawks son corey being the good sport that he was ... left the kids in the woods...they paid him back by hitting him with rocks when he tried to sc are him though

The only reason that I knew I was in the right place was that the one poster, herbaljuan, that I had met was outside and said howdy.

I've never let Rascal forget it either. I did a video that weekend, wonder where it is. Those were fun times

THAT was horrible....omg...he said his name was mike...and the only mike I knew was unbalanced imo...and this BIG guy had my hand...And I couldn`t get away...and he was going to hurt ...me...I guess all of the horror was showing on my face....it scared poor paw....

THEN I find out who it really is after making him really really uncomfortable...

Here I was meeting THE pawtucket celebrity, personal hero...for the first time...and I make such an outstanding first impression don`t you know :)