GreaseSpot Cafe

New possible site

TrustAndObey

Does it have to have "Way" in it? "Greasespot" was so creative... and NOT way.

I'd rather not give the cult anymore face time...

Then again, it's not my call...

Edited by doojable

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are looking at the next *big* reality.. no it does not..

the next time..

what is it..

I will jump once again into the vortex..

maybe next time I'll only emerge as mashed potatos..

:biglaugh:

Chicago agrees with me..

I wish someone else, other than myself were able to make sense of this..

what Mike does not know..

James William Guercio..

he produced Shoes for Industry.. long before he produced Chicago..

The Biodiesel Diner.

All right, here me out.

The "diner" part ties it into the cafe while not reusing the word "cafe."

We want a place that can point to where we came from, while having its own identity.

So, we had WayDale, which was needed for its time. It was a dale of sorts (a "valley" is a "dale")

where people rested when fleeing twi or having been driven from it.

The next step came with the Greasespot Cafe. The empty threats that we'd die once out of twi were

shown to be empty words. We were not "greasespots", we were people who were beginning to thrive,

to live again, to be better off than we'd ever been in twi. Twi was now the impediment we struggled

against, to overcome in our lives.

So, now we move on. As we do, the role of twi in our lives changes again. For us, the current group

is a midget with delusions of grandeur- a handful of people living off blood money and fast-talking their

consciences into silence. But to us, it's a dim memory. We have all reduced twi to an impediment we

overcame long ago- like some athletes overcome a problem and eventually become champions.

So, this is the next step, both as a hangout, and in our lives.

Thus, the name "biodiesel." When grease is recycled, it can be refined into biodiesel- the grease now

changing and serving a new function. In a like manner, our time in twi has been confronted, dealt with,

and overcome. We now live as wiser individuals, stronger for having weathered the storm, more durable

for having been tempered by fire, much like a sword. So, what was once our impediment- twi- now

serves as a fuel for us to move forward and prosper like we never would have- were we still mentally

chained to twi.

So, to recognize where we were before, to acknowledge our past, and to announce our victory over small

minds and small prisons for the mind, "b]the Biodiesel Diner.[/b]"

(Possibly "BDD" for short.)

Of course, it should have "Greasespot Cafe" mentioned prominently, and "waydale" as well, so people

who look for the older versions of both can find the new version.

Give it some thought. Sleep on it.

Edited by WordWolf

The TWIt-less Diner?

What about

The Midnight Diner?

We were all supposed to be greasespots by midnight.

It would be a homage to this site and a further thumbing of the nose to the cult.

Edited by doojable

So, what was once our impediment-twi- now

serves as a fuel for us to move forward and prosper like we never would have- were we still mentally

chained to twi.

TWI now serves as a "fuel" for us to move fwd? Sorry, but that sounds pretty weird to me WW. That comment makes you sound like you are still "mentally chained" to TWI, which, I seriously don't think is true of you. But maybe you are? Don't know you well enough to make that determination. But it sounds like it with that statement. TWI has no sway on me anymore whatsoever. I gave that stuff up long ago. My "fuel" is definitely not the fact that "I am no longer involved with TWI". If it were, that would mean that I would keep going back again and again to the "well of bad memories" to get myself all "juiced up again" in order to keep on keepin' on. I mean, I'm just sayin...

Maybe the new site should be called "move-on.com", or something.

Edited by ClayJay

Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I love em..

As for taking over the current name.. That would definitely be up to paw and certainly I wouldn't rule it out.

I like the ring of "Greasespot After Hours" myself... Only.. That's a pretty long name to be typing in! Course so is www.greasespotcafe.com..

I'm not sure the new site will have games to start, Bolshevik.. Hehe.. (Is there even a web based Doom?) Getting started, it will be hard enough for me to just get basic pages and the forums setup.. But your welcome to help!

I'm thinking now that I don't want to scare those already in TWI away until they at least hear our side of the story, so we probably want to look for something a bit more subtle.

lostwaycafe.com

wayreststop.com

I checked godaddy.com and those are available..

Still thinking.. I figure I have until Christmas eve to pick a name.. That ought to afford me enough time to finish setting up the domain registration/forwarding/dns, putting the name on pages, finalizing routing, etc, etc, etc...

With each passing year, the diversity grew more and more at GS.

Makes me think that the new site should be titled something that encompasses a broad spectrum of experience, learning and wisdom......kinda like wayfaring strangers conversing around a campfire or a tavern (haha)....

Campfire Comaraderie...

The Winds of Time Tavern...

Surviving My Way Daze...

Instead of using "The Way"......it's "My Way Daze" to incorporate personal experience of twi with coming to grips with the shock and aftermath of what happened.

Edited by skyrider

I'm intrigued by Biodiesel. Yes grease can be turned into that stuff.....but it requires a great deal of filtering....and that's what we have had to to. Filter what we learned and clarified it....got the junk out and kept that which was real. I really like that. I wonder....will the rest of the world understand it????

It is definitely appropriate, though.

Or......to tie twi experience with the new site...

Way2Go.com ---- double meaning, like putting distance between twi and oneself or high-fiving someone for a good performance and victorious outcome.

Way2Simple.com -- moving from "way doctrine" to simplicity. As one unravels twi corruption and systems of error, the simple things in life come back into focus again.

I'm intrigued by Biodiesel. Yes grease can be turned into that stuff.....but it requires a great deal of filtering....and that's what we have had to to. Filter what we learned and clarified it....got the junk out and kept that which was real. I really like that. I wonder....will the rest of the world understand it????

It is definitely appropriate, though.

It makes sense to me, it's just a little harder to say and write.

I've been thinking of tedious puns to do with "mene, mene..." and "weigh(ay)ed," but nothing that trips off the tongue. Or "strangers/strange land." Oh, "Strangers' Inn"!

Or, just in fun, for all you technical people who set this place up and allowed me in, what about "I, Teapot"?

The Biodiesel Diner.

All right, here me out.

The "diner" part ties it into the cafe while not reusing the word "cafe."

We want a place that can point to where we came from, while having its own identity.

So, we had WayDale, which was needed for its time. It was a dale of sorts (a "valley" is a "dale")

where people rested when fleeing twi or having been driven from it.

The next step came with the Greasespot Cafe. The empty threats that we'd die once out of twi were

shown to be empty words. We were not "greasespots", we were people who were beginning to thrive,

to live again, to be better off than we'd ever been in twi. Twi was now the impediment we struggled

against, to overcome in our lives.

So, now we move on. As we do, the role of twi in our lives changes again. For us, the current group

is a midget with delusions of grandeur- a handful of people living off blood money and fast-talking their

consciences into silence. But to us, it's a dim memory. We have all reduced twi to an impediment we

overcame long ago- like some athletes overcome a problem and eventually become champions.

So, this is the next step, both as a hangout, and in our lives.

Thus, the name "biodiesel." When grease is recycled, it can be refined into biodiesel- the grease now

changing and serving a new function. In a like manner, our time in twi has been confronted, dealt with,

and overcome. We now live as wiser individuals, stronger for having weathered the storm, more durable

for having been tempered by fire, much like a sword. So, what was once our impediment- twi- now

chained to twi.

So, to recognize where we were before, to acknowledge our past, and to announce our victory over small

minds and small prisons for the mind, "b]the Biodiesel Diner.[/b]"

(Possibly "BDD" for short.)

Of course, it should have "Greasespot Cafe" mentioned prominently, and "waydale" as well, so people

who look for the older versions of both can find the new version.

Give it some thought. Sleep on it.

While I admit that this is rather clever, I have a couple of problems with it.

First, biodiesel is presently an over-hyped fuel which is not remotely cost-effective without huge government subsidies. Second, it seems a bit too much of an "in" joke. Even "Greasespot" at this point could be considered an "in" joke, as very few current TWI or TWI prospects will have even heard the phrase "greasespot by midnight," much less understand how it relates to ex-TWI folk. If the purpose of the new site will just be for us old 'spotters to hang out, "Biodiesel Diner" is probably okay. But if it's to snatch people from TWI's clutches, I think the name should have a more obvious connection.

George

Even "Greasespot" at this point could be considered an "in" joke, as very few current TWI or TWI prospects will have even heard the phrase "greasespot by midnight," much less understand how it relates to ex-TWI folk. If the purpose of the new site will just be for us old 'spotters to hang out, "Biodiesel Diner" is probably okay. But if it's to snatch people from TWI's clutches, I think the name should have a more obvious connection.

I agree.

Perhaps, rather than a cafe or diner or tavern.....

Consider that everyone is traveling down the road of life at their own choosing, their own pace. Some decide to stop and check out historical sites, monuments, gravesites in their travels. Others choose to spark old friendships on their journey. And then, motorists everywhere are simply heading down the road for entertainment, sporting events, church, political events, hobbies and the spontaneity of life and living.

Maybe ----- RealityRoad.com (if available)

"Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or may be thought to be.[1] In its widest definition, reality includes everything that is and has being, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible."

One person's "reality" of twi, as he perceived/perceives it, was/is his world. He may have continued embracing his "reality" or when presented with alternative viewpoints and information, change his thinking to what actually exists. That has certainly been observed here at GS.

Edited by skyrider