GreaseSpot Cafe

New possible site

TrustAndObey

lol... I love some of the site names..

exchairstringers - Yeah, that'll bring back memories!

Only, I was needing to register the name before Christmas, so prior to all the info about JL using exwayvision... Well.. I already registered and began setting 'er up.. So umm.. If you hate it, I'm sorry!

I think it's great. Has sort of a Baba Wawa charm to it! ;)

George

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol... I love some of the site names..

exchairstringers - Yeah, that'll bring back memories!

Only, I was needing to register the name before Christmas, so prior to all the info about JL using exwayvision... Well.. I already registered and began setting 'er up.. So umm.. If you hate it, I'm sorry!

So.........exwayvision it is. :wave:

Dang.......I got to thinking this morning that maybe twopillars.com would be a neat name since some posters here have done great damage to twi's structure. Twi's "house of lords" has fallen down upon them.

Jdg 16:29 And Samson took hold of the two middle pillars upon which the house stood, and on which it was borne up, of the one with his right hand, and of the other with his left.

Jdg 16:30 And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with [all his] might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that [were] therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than [they] which he slew in his life.

I think it's great. Has sort of a Baba Wawa charm to it! ;)

Baba Waba... Interesting.. Never heard the term. So umm.. Is that a positive or negative having Barbara Walter's charm? Or does it depend on your political leanings too? lol.

So.........exwayvision it is. :wave:

Well, it is for now at least..

Just trying to get a feel for what people would like.. And this is just a start/test site. Should have forums and chatrooms online manyana.

whoa . . . the ship even ports back here

Anything you can think of to make it better, let me know!

One of the things that I explored, without success, was a blog section on a site. I tried it two different ways. A separate site as well as integrating it within these forums.

Let me explain what I think as distinct advantages over the forum. If someone wants to tell their story, they can do it uninterrupted. In the forums, when someone takes that chance of telling the story, there is always someone that wants to thwart the story in one form or another. In the blog scenario, the person telling their story has control over all of the comments. You can publish or delete any and all comments. In a thread situation, the story can get lost with comments and off topic replies.

I believe that an individual's testimony to what happened is vital for themselves as well as for others reading it. I would be more than willing to keep the blog section active on this site, if some would be willing to try it out.

Any opinions?

One of the things that I explored, without success, was a blog section on a site. I tried it two different ways. A separate site as well as integrating it within these forums.

Let me explain what I think as distinct advantages over the forum. If someone wants to tell their story, they can do it uninterrupted. In the forums, when someone takes that chance of telling the story, there is always someone that wants to thwart the story in one form or another. In the blog scenario, the person telling their story has control over all of the comments. You can publish or delete any and all comments. In a thread situation, the story can get lost with comments and off topic replies.

I believe that an individual's testimony to what happened is vital for themselves as well as for others reading it. I would be more than willing to keep the blog section active on this site, if some would be willing to try it out.

Any opinions?

I think you should just go with a Forum.

A Forums advantage would be....

ONE place to find everything

Topics can be pinned and closed if you want to make a Read only Statement or Policy Statement or Way Archives

In a Forum you could have 3 or 4 trusted Administrators (will help relieve the financial and time load on you too) to weed out hate talk, overt threats, cussing etc....

You can in some cases set up a "filter" to weed out certain unacceptable cuss words

You can set up the Forum with most all the categories you have now and just lets the posts happen.

You should post a "transition link" and/or send out a bulk email so people can register and post on the new forum

Set it up on a Free Forum so you wont have to lay out a lot of money each month

Just my own two cents worth of advice

Any opinions?

I agree there are advantages.. But I think both have their unique advantages and disadvantages. Personally, a Forum allows a community to come together. Discuss. Share ideas and thoughts. Blogs are all about the blogger and his thoughts. And while that's stereotyping them, I'm sure there are exceptions. But like you said, someone needs to be able to share their story and not be bothered. It's about them, their thoughts and life. But now, you want everyone to share and come together, well, that's what forums/bulletin boards are for.. And then, you want immediate togetherness, that's what a chatroom is for. You want privacy, you have email or a private chatroom. You want fun, you add games. Or else, nothing beats actually physically getting together. Just picking the right tool for the job (Sorry if that may bring back memories of the Intermediate class with Howard Allen, it didn't originate from TWI)

It's just some, especially new ones, are a little shy at first. Want to explore. Maybe add their 2 cents in, and not have to be publicly ostracized their entire life cause they used their "real" name but want to be "part" of the community. So a forum is great for that.

That's my thoughts at least!

Some leaving the walls of Zion with their TWI rose colored glasses absolutely can't believe some of the stories people come up with concerning their beloved ministry and ministers. Many of the most damaged don't have a voice of their own to speak up against the abusers.

No one has a right to be elevated to a place of mogdom where they are allowed speak unchallenged like LCM.

As one that didn't believe a negative concerning VPW and the good old days, challenging the stories turned this skeptic into a "true believer". During this process some of those that told their stories grew in their ability to proclaim their story.

While it's not always a pretty process, it has worked numerous times over the years more than not. To see disagreement and even down right down and dirty discussions can be quite healing for those forced to follow the party line in silence. But then there use to be a standard things posted were required to be factual; the childish rants of generalities often run off some of those that need to stick around the most and learn.

Closed corporation is what we left behind……..

Edited by Ductape

So I regestered already at the exwayvision.com site.

Am wiating with baited breath fro my password. I like the title... and am looking forward to the new site it looks good so far.

I am sure it will morphe a lot along the way.

I held off on the face book site still and may regester under Leafytwiglet there too just because but maybe will go with my real name... I haven't m,ade up my mind on that one yet.

I will miss it here.

For me this place really was important... I needed to see the arguments aas well as all the old articles I think I have finally read all of them but not all the forum threads LOL

I see the new site has links to every thing here that is a good thing.

When you go to the first page.

there will be an arrow for if you want to know more click on that arrow

then up at the top of that page on the right hand side will be a place that says register click there and follow the instructions.

Dotmatrix had a problem with her Avast saying she encountered a malicious url but I have avast too and it didn't note any problems.

Ok, so it is officially up and running.. www.exwayvision.com

Only like leafytwiglet said, it will definitely be morphing along the way. Right now, it is kind of the shell. With very little in it.

Certainly nothing malicious there, but let me know if you do encounter issues.

There was an issue with posting, but that has been fixed. And many have mentioned they hate the validation code required to post or register, so that may be removed.

Will be working on adding more content soon..

I noticed a very select few have registered but the email with the sign on password was unable to be sent from www.exwayvision.com (came back undeliverable) due to being blocked.. Mostly this is from those using att.net & sbcglobal email addresses (They agree to whitelist us, then they blacklist us, then they agree to whitelist and then blacklist for no reason..) So while I'm having a hard time to get them to send mail to their servers (even though yahoo.com/gmail/hotmail and the likes all work and att uses yahoo services), att/swbell is blocking..

So, if you are one that didn't receive your password in the mail, let me know with a private message here and I'll make sure you get it.

Sorry bout that.

T&O

You have done an awesome job over there. I agree with everything mentioned above. It looks like a natural progression from GreaseSpot to Exwayvision. It seems to me that you've put a great deal of thought into this. Thank you.

I am having a problem locating my profile. I'd like to change my password but so far I can't find where to do that....or do I have the option of changing it...maybe I'm putting the cart before the horse.