GreaseSpot Cafe

New possible site

TrustAndObey

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I like about GreaseSpot After Hours is that it was here, over these last ten years that we became a strong group so I like the inclusion of GreaseSpot in the name.

Waydale was fabulous, but totally different.

There are so many good possibilities - I'm glad it's not my decision.

I'm a little Grease Spot

Short and stout

Sock it to me, Baby

Let it all hang out!

Wow.. I was busy for a day and look at all the suggestions.. Some really great ones..

Only.. Now for the bad news..

Most of those names are taken.

The Twilight Cafe

Out Of The way

Way 2 Go

Way 2 simple

etc..

Course Biodeisel Diner is available.. But that's a lot to twist my brain into understanding...

I like the whole campfire and all, which was part of my thought of bringing in the reference to the rock.. Tent City, The Camp grounds.. Way Woods.. Campfires.. A place to gather.. A familiar place.. But of course, out of TWI's control..

Just my thoughts.

Still working on the site. Finished the basics of the front page. But I don't have any WayDale/GS documents to put in the WayDale/GS sections only cause I don't know the legality of just putting those up, or I need them submitted.. Hmm, just dunno..

The first incarnation of the website was going to be a newspaper format called something to the effect of "The Greasespot After Midnight Gazette" And the first article to grace the front page was written by Groucho.

The second incarnation, pam and I spend hours on the phone trying to think of a byline or whatever you call it. All of a sudden, she comes out with "Midnight has come and gone" We both knew that that was it. The site was basically just a forum in the first year. On the first anniversary of GS, the new site was unveiled. That April had been traumatic for me, I had a breakup at the beginning of the month, then a week before the site was to be unveiled, my house burned down. I was renting it out at the time. So I flew quite a bit that month from northern CA to Socal. One of the weekends, I flew to see pamsandiego so that we could finalize the site. I remember she was house sitting that had a parrot or parakeet named Fred or something like that.

I'll never forget the night of the unveiling, we had to do it AFTER midnight, it was soo much fun and so exciting.

The latest incarnation was designed by pamsandiego, rich (who is first a friend of pams and then we became friends and he is NBW) and myself. I wanted a classic 50's diner look. We took a long time before going with what we did. Rich is a Photoshop Wizard. The chrome across the top behind the logo was taken by Rich on the side of those old fashioned stools with red tops. And if you look very closely, you can see pam's cat zephyr in the chrome.

The square patterned chrome was a photo that Rich took of the lunch truck where he works..

The first incarnation of the website was going to be a newspaper format called something to the effect of "The Greasespot After Midnight Gazette" And the first article to grace the front page was written by Groucho.

The second incarnation, pam and I spend hours on the phone trying to think of a byline or whatever you call it. All of a sudden, she comes out with "Midnight has come and gone" We both knew that that was it. The site was basically just a forum in the first year. On the first anniversary of GS, the new site was unveiled.

And that was just a summary of some of the events.. You sure have put a lot of your time and others as well, and I'm very appreciative of that!

Thanks for sharing how it all got started and put together.

The second incarnation, pam and I spend hours on the phone trying to think of a byline or whatever you call it. All of a sudden, she comes out with "Midnight has come and gone" We both knew that that was it. The site was basically just a forum in the first year. On the first anniversary of GS, the new site was unveiled. That April had been traumatic for me, I had a breakup at the beginning of the month, then a week before the site was to be unveiled, my house burned down. I was renting it out at the time. So I flew quite a bit that month from northern CA to Socal. One of the weekends, I flew to see pamsandiego so that we could finalize the site. I remember she was house sitting that had a parrot or parakeet named Fred or something like that.

I'll never forget the night of the unveiling, we had to do it AFTER midnight, it was soo much fun and so exciting.

The latest incarnation was designed by pamsandiego, rich (who is first a friend of pams and then we became friends and he is NBW) and myself. I wanted a classic 50's diner look. We took a long time before going with what we did. Rich is a Photoshop Wizard. The chrome across the top behind the logo was taken by Rich on the side of those old fashioned stools with red tops. And if you look very closely, you can see pam's cat zephyr in the chrome.

The square patterned chrome was a photo that Rich took of the lunch truck where he works..

Now I see the cat! How cool!

I have some Photoshop skills should they become needed or wanted. I might be able to design a logo should one be needed or wanted.

While I admit that this is rather clever, I have a couple of problems with it.

First, biodiesel is presently an over-hyped fuel which is not remotely cost-effective without huge government subsidies. Second, it seems a bit too much of an "in" joke. Even "Greasespot" at this point could be considered an "in" joke, as very few current TWI or TWI prospects will have even heard the phrase "greasespot by midnight," much less understand how it relates to ex-TWI folk. If the purpose of the new site will just be for us old 'spotters to hang out, "Biodiesel Diner" is probably okay. But if it's to snatch people from TWI's clutches, I think the name should have a more obvious connection.

George

If we did one site to act as a ring buoy ("life preserver") for rescuing twi victims,

and one more for socialization, I thought this worked for the socialization.

Just having TWI mentioned many times in the site, regardless of the site's name, would attract those "hungering and thirsting for a knowledge of da truth" ;) ?

hey bro what's happenin

not much, back for old times? :P

What brought us together? TWI.....and who founded, twi? Wierwille.....and what spurred wierwille?

And I said, "Lord, to know that this is true, I'd like to see it snow." And I opened my eyes, and it was pitch-black,

almost pitch-black outside, and the snow was falling so thick. I have never seen it fall that thick since that day."

BlackSnow.com

:anim-smile: