GreaseSpot Cafe

The Secret Side of GS

pawtucket

When Waydale was alive and well and the lawsuit was underway, Extwi wouldn't let us discuss the lawsuit to any extent on his site. At the time, LarryP, who was a lawyer, had much to say. So he started emailing a few of the Waydale folks with his opinions. I was fairly new to Waydale and found out about it somehow, can't remember exactly. I was put on the mailing list. Well emailing opinions back and forth was cumbersome, so I started my very first forum and invited everyone from the mailing list to join.

We discussed all sorts of angles about the lawsuit. It was all guys, so naturally we started farting and telling dirty jokes. When GS started, we kept the site going. I had an outlet to talk about GS and other things. They were very helpful in the first few years. There was about 6-8 of us. We would nominate potential members and invite them in. The reason I thought about this, is that at the Weenie Roast, one member and myself were going to invite another person that was at the Roast.

When I switched to the current software, I added this forum to the existing forums on here. I've been able to go in and talk about the state of things ad nauseum and they would always give me some great feedback, farts and dirty jokes or tell me to pound sand. Along with the Moderators, these guys have helped in a unique way keep GS going.

About four years ago, or maybe more, I was seeing an awful lot of male posters, diminishing the abuse that women had had at the hands of the leadership. So I decided to start another forum that would be by invitation for women only. If it seemed successful, I would set up an independent site for them, which I did set up for them and then removed the forum from here.

And we have a Moderators forum. Where we discuss problems, solutions and pulling people back from jumping off the ship. I have use the names of some posters in vain a few times.

We would nominate potential members and invite them in. The reason I thought about this, is that at the Weenie Roast, one member and myself were going to invite another person that was at the Roast.

That would be me. You and the other guy (he can give himself up if he wants to) approached me off to the side and asked to talk to me privately. I'm thinking "What the f***? - we are all drunk off our asses - these guys want to have a serious conversation?" - then I started hearing banjo music (we were in the South ya know)....

I was invited to join the women's group but didn't have enough emotional strength even to do that. GSC was the limit for me. (It seems I am always so "strretched.") I was so blessed to know that people were getting together and keeping hearts and souls knit together. I know that pain of abandonment from many categories, and it is always a blessing to see people getting together.

15-16 years ago when I started this internet business of trashnet -> Waydale -> Greasespot Cafe transition I could handle the learning process and so enjoyed it, but now I don't know. Facebook has me terrified -- all those people looking at my real pictures and saying things for others to say -- so much unprivacy. I am afraid to go over there there is so much going on. People I don't know want to be my "friend." And now there is a GSC group on Facebook, with all these people I safely knew only what they wanted to make public...

I just don't know about all this Facebook stuff -- And linked in and twitter. I know I need to learn about it, but am terrified nonetheless.