GreaseSpot Cafe

Was Wierwille's Christian Family and Sex Class Any Good?

MarkedAndAvoided

Bottom line (LOL!), I think VPW got tired of being known for everyone else's material, and began to branch out into his own stuff. And it seems like every time he tried NOT to plagiarize, his stuff was awful! CFS, Athletes, and the ever popular "literals according to usage."

I think it must have eventually bruised his ego to think that the stuff he made his ministry on wasn't his. And maybe he just started to believe that he WAS the MOG, and was the expert on any topic.

The other thing that CFS did was to prepare people for Vic's "doctrine" of free sex. Step One: make people unshockable. Step 2: tell them that pre-marital sex is not proscribed by the Bible.

Sure, we really needed to know the slang terms that HE knew for genitalia. Gawd, he couldn't even PRONOUNCE "genitalia"...

Regards,

Shaz

I think that my mother in law was the reason I married her son...wonderful woman, but, I Can Not Imagine talking about the slang terms for "parts" with her...or sex in general or specific. I do recall being lectured for hours by leadership about the task I was to take on as wife/doormat...That should rile the men up some...I am quite unsure about the truth of any of that teaching...and don't live any of the doormat teaching any longer.

Marked and Avoided ----- Nope, Cfs was a great way to waste a week-end. VPW never told me anything my daddy didn't, and actually, my Dad was much more thorough in the biological explanation (he was a chemist, and loved long complicated explanations that were explicit to the most minute detail). The only classes I ever took from twi that I considered worthwhile, were Pfal 77, and Advanced class 79, and that is just because I saw friends I haven't seen for a while. The classes were ok, but the fellowship was better.

dmiller

read the other thread (still new to this whole system of communication...)amazing that folks still have the material, and the details that came flooding back as I read- ps saw a post by someone whos "tagline" was not stringing chairs..Oh Thanks who ever-I laughed my self silly on that one....hope I don't sound too awfully bitter, but the underlying impression I got as well of the husband as lord and master darn near led to my extinction, and glad I have the napkins to show for it I suppose.

Yeah, Andrea, a lot of women in TWI suffered with men who thought they were lord and master of their homes, but not the head of their homes like Christ was head of the church, and gave himself for it.

I think that Wierwille (and later Martindale) loved to think of himself as The Man of God. But he didn't pattern himself after the Christ of the gospels, but rather the avenging Christ of Revelation. And people loved to emulate him. MOGs and min-MOGs....

Regards,

Shaz

"I thought it sucked, and I am not using a pun here. It really blew."

haha great quote.

But seriously does anyone remember VPW saying that breasts were beautiful but that there was nothing particularly attractive about the v#g#na? I was a teen when I took that class. I lived my life thinking that it was a FACT not an opinion.

He also said something abot how women are not turned on be sexual images like playboy. That visual stimulus was strictly male.

No wonder I didn't get lucky till i was 25. Old Vic put some funny ideas in my head. Heck, he taught me the "4 f's" , in person , when I was 16. He also said that our way sisters were for love and that all non believer female's were only good for sex. (teen summer school 84)

Can i get a witness?

Glow-ry!

Georgio

I feel like I know you.

that is hilarious. Sad, but hilarious. lol

I remember the v@gi$a comment. I remember thinking that was a strange thing to say.

I first heard the CF&S class teachings via my older brother. I learned that masterbation was wrong and sex was OK. haha. It was like being taught by playing that telephone game. Then I took it in person and realised what the real truth was. lol Then I took the Believers Family Class. My parents pretty much left it at that. lol

Nope no sex talk for me. I is amazing that I functioned normally once I started dating seriously.

I got your witness right here.

After Glow-ry

It don't mean a thing, all you gotta do is swing.

Is this class still taught? I ask leadership about this class once a few years ago and they were very discreet with their answers.

I have really enjoyed reading each one of your comments whether serious or funny concerning this topic.

Def, how would you counsel me if I were one of those "animal sex lovin women? anim-smile.gif

lindy were you Junior Corps?

The surprise ending to CF & X was that masturbation was the "apple", the origional sin. Where did he get THAT from? I took that class a few times to try to see where this leap came from and never really got it. I also took it to watch Vic go down the list of dirty words. I think I first heard 'poontang' at that class, so it wasn't a total waste.

Glow-ry!