GreaseSpot Cafe

One reason I didn't like Waydale

Bolshevik

Saw Waydale once, just saw a post about Rosie and Donna munching carpet. Like I cared.

It was hard enough growing up around people who took the Wierwille pill . . . you know . . . when are these people honest?

So you try to go out into the world, make some friends, date some girls. They learn some things about you. They look up twi on the internet and find Waydale. Now they're telling you what to do all the time.

That was annoying. Everyone had a stake in the ground, wayfers and non-wayfers alike.

Just been thinking about that. Didn't know if anyone else has experienced that. Maybe something like it?

Don't know how similar my situation was to yours, but after my Way wife and I divorced, and I started dating again, I adhered to a policy of openess about my former Way association. I didn't have any problems from it. I am married again, ironically to a relative of a famous evangelist. Even she understands that the old can be cast away.

My wife looked it up either before, when we were friends, or when we first started dating. The girl I was dating before her towards the end of my involvement in twi also looked it up. They both were very shocked and concerned about the group I was involved in and asked me about it. At the time I said it was probably a mix of some truth and some bitter axe grinding. What they both noted as a reason for their surprise was because what they read about TWI was so radically different from the person they knew (me.)

I think that is one reason there are ex-way and current wayfers that come here and scoff at all the claims and stories. It was a moderately sized organization but still had a wide variety of people and some were effected more than others. What gets lost in all that is that the core teachings of TWI are what caused the hurt and abuse that we read and write about here. That has not changed. What also gets lost is that the abuse and pain was much more prevalent than any of us knew while we were in.