GreaseSpot Cafe

To Exc and any other VPW abuse victims

markomalley

To Excathedra and any other victims of abuse by VPW,

I received word a little while ago that this site was closing.

When I first started posting here several years ago, I was of the initial impression that LCM caused all the garbage and that if VPW was still around, none of the bad that happened in TWI would have happened. It took me quite a while to come to a realization that this, in fact, was an incorrect understanding.

My style of posting can be taken as rather forceful and opinionated at times. I do not believe that I ever posted anything hurtful toward any of you in regards to your past experiences. If I did or if the tone of my posts led you to believe any degree of skepticism in what you experienced, I would like to apologize while this site is still operational.

Like I said, I don't specifically recall anything that I said that may have been untoward, but 7 years is a long time. And I do know that my degree of understanding about TWI and its evils has mushroomed in the seven years that I have participated on this site and so it is possible, particularly considering how opinionated (read: what a jerk) I can be at times.

If I did, in fact, write something untoward, I make no excuses other than ignorance.

And if you were offended by anything I wrote that may have even indirectly cast aspersions, I humbly beg your forgiveness.

Mark,

I know this wasn't directed at me but I'd like to say that I'm glad to see your font around here one more time. Yes, the GSC has been very useful in so many ways. We all learned so much more about that evil organization than we had imagined. I wonder how many more would have slipped into its grip these past years had the GSC not been there on the internet to warn them? I wouldn't be surprised when the history is written that Paul Allen and Paw get the biggest credits for shutting down the joint.

sudo

• Upvote 1

Mark

I have only been here a relatively short time, compared to some. One thing that has always stood out to me, though, is how your posts always seemed to be well organized and concerned with fairness. I haven't always agreed with you but, that's a another matter. :P

Mark~

That was very thoughtful. I do not know if I fought with you or not. At one point, it was very important to me that people Believed what went on at TWI. But I have moved on. There has been enough truth spoken, violations validated, (by many who were approached, raped, abused or discarded) for those who want to have their eyes opened ... to BE opened. And anyone who chooses not to see... well it is their life.

I am not where I used to be; I am where I need to be regarding TWI. It is over for me and if I helped one person to "get out" then all the fighting has been worth it.

God bless you and it really shows a lot about your heart to write something so honest and considerate.

Edited by Dot Matrix

MarkOMalley,

Like Sudo said, good to see your font around these parts. And frankly, I haven't seen anywhere where you've been abusive or any kind of 'jerk'. You're opinionated, as are many here; which considering our previous experience with TWI, is to be expected. Hey, it's not like we're to be all 'like-minded' or anything like that yanno?

You and I have had our respective go rounds, but you've pretty much always been more or less civilized (definitely more than yours truly, no doubt ;) ), even when we disagreed re: our opinions. Frankly, you done good, and I don't really see what you have to apologize for, and voicing your opinion about issues and voicing your anger and disgust about the abuse you see is NOT verbal abuse, not in the least. ... That's part of the all-American freedom we all enjoy.

Ask Abigail if you can join up with our GS's Facebook successor, GSC. I'm sure she'll let you right in. Gotta bring a kegger of Sam Adam's ale as admission fee tho. :)

Mark may be remembering himself as being rougher than he was.

I know I was skeptical of everything when I first arrived.

I don't remember giving anyone a hard time about it, because I was skeptical in both

directions-maybe it was true, maybe it was false.

If I'd only been skeptical one way, I might remember myself as being like so many

arrivals who showed up, ready to swing a 2 x 4,

even if I rarely posted with such an attitude.

(Then again, I might have swung one a lot and not remembered any of it.)

I think a quote off the Star Trek game thread might be appropriate at this moment.

Kira:"I'll remember this moment forever.

I'll remember all our moments."

Odo:"As will I."