GreaseSpot Cafe

Closure

markomalley

I heard that the site is going to be going the way of the dinosaur in the near future. While I am saddened that the forums will no longer be available for those who need them, I can fully understand and appreciate the amount of one's life that would have to be involved in managing this mob and can also fully appreciate the need to offload that responsibility, particularly after this many years.

While I was still on active duty in the Air Force, I lurked a bit around some of the precursor sites. I didn't feel comfortable putting my opinions out in public -- I'd already learned how opinions posted on the Internet had come back to haunt a person even back in the dim dark days of the 90s. After I retired, I came to feel comfortable enough in putting my opinions out there that I made the plunge and joined up.

Although I don't ever believe myself to be a victim of TWI, I always had questions about what happened after my departure back in 1989. The resources from Waydale and this place really demonstrated to me how glad I was to have left when I did. But all of you Greasespot docents taught me exactly how glad I should be that I got out when I did. Not only did all my questions get answered, I got answers to a huge number of questions that I never knew that I had.

And to Pawtucket and anybody who provided me those answers (whether you knew you were providing answers or not), you have my eternal gratitude.

sorry to hear this site is closing.

thanks to Pawtucket + all the folks that help keep this place afloat - and thanks to all the "freedom fighters" [aka posters] with their valuable 2 cents!

i really appreciate the great folks, healing and wisdom of this website.

Although I haven't spent a lot of time on here after my first few weeks of involvement, I will be sad to see the Greasespot Cafe close. I stumbled across it by chance years after leaving TWI and not knowing a lot about what happened. Being able to visit the forums has been both eye-opening and healing for me, and I'll always be grateful for that.

A couple of people have mentioned a Facebook GSC page. I'll have to look into that.

Pawtucket, thanks for everything! I hope we'll be able to keep in touch.

Although I haven't spent a lot of time on here after my first few weeks of involvement, I will be sad to see the Greasespot Cafe close. I stumbled across it by chance years after leaving TWI and not knowing a lot about what happened. Being able to visit the forums has been both eye-opening and healing for me, and I'll always be grateful for that.

A couple of people have mentioned a Facebook GSC page. I'll have to look into that.

Pawtucket, thanks for everything! I hope we'll be able to keep in touch.

The Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_179441518750241&ap=1

Please note that if you are not logged into Facebook, that page redirects to a "login" page.

And if you sign up for Facebook, remember to only put up what you want to be public knowledge when

you sign in, and disable everything else. Facebook's famous for being overly generous

with user data.

The new messageboard/site:

http://exwayvision.com/

It's still being put up, but you can sign in.

Well, I went and joined the ExWay site but it doesn't let me do anything that I couldn't do before registering. Perhaps that's something that'll happen when a person (not a program) looks at joining requests.

Or maybe not... (shrug)

Well, I went and joined the ExWay site but it doesn't let me do anything that I couldn't do before registering. Perhaps that's something that'll happen when a person (not a program) looks at joining requests.

Don't despair.. I'll try and explain.

When you first register, it does not automatically grant you posting rights. Oh wait a second, ok, good, now it doesn't.. DOH, had a new forum just added a minute ago marked wrong.. This is to prevent new 'unknowns' from coming on at midnight and posting a bunch of lewd pictures and such..

So, someone has to grant you higher rights after you sign up. Although, you are free to join in the chatroom and talk after you register and login. And you can see a few more non-public forums after you sign in. But no posting until someone gives you more rights.

(And by the power vested in me by Kugna Lugna, I now pronounce you post worthy.. [Please don't kick me now])

I am poking my nose back in to say my deepest thanks to Paw for what he did for a bunch of us disenchanted, contentious ex-Wayfers. For me personally, you helped fill in the gaps in my knowledge of how TWI could say it had the truth yet be so wrong. For you to continue to keep helping for a decade, despite all the craziness and zaniness that went on here, speaks volumes about your goodness and tenacity.

This whole community came together in a wonderful way to speak up and to help, and I am grateful for so many of you. I am afraid to name names for fear of missing important ones, but I would have to say Pax, socks, excathedra, Dot, gmiller, Raf, Wordwolf, George, Belle, Chas, Shell, krys -- yup, I am going to be in trouble for not naming everyone, but your comments served to make me laugh, cry, and think, often at the same time.

Hugs to all of you,

Shaz

I just want to say thanks to Paw this had been a lot of work for him and he deserve a rest ;. The people I have meet her have been wonderful and will be missed. I know I did not post much but having the chat available at times was a great comfort in times of need.

Thank you all and I can be found on Facebook.

Reminds of the rites of passage, from many cultures and real life experiences.

GSC has it's rite of passage in it's own life.

And many, if not all of us will have it forever, and pass this wisdom on.

As it comes to mind, cause it's filed in our souls.

Thanks Paw for EVERYTHING. I remember when WayDale closed and wondered if GSC would work with a completely different format. I can only imagine the work you have put into this place. I hope your life is a little more easy. I am looking forward to Xway Vision to continue to help people and keep them from joining, leaving, healing and of course the demise of that cornfield cult.