GreaseSpot Cafe

One last advertisement.

WordWolf

Jeremiah 13:23 (NASB)

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then you also can do good who are accustomed to doing evil."

Seems JALvis could not resist the turn of the cycles to resist posting one more advertisement.

He posted it in the Shoutbox, possibly to increase his deniability.

(Previous times, he send mail to people he knew would post it to the GSC, and included a note saying

he was not trying to get it posted online but knew it would show up there somehow.

Other times, he deleted his own copies-until he realized other copies were already in existence

and the deletion of his own copy said a lot to the people who could no longer access it.)

So, the new advertisement, with its own level of "deniability." Man can't just speak plainly to us

if his own life depends on it. Here's what he posted, to be followed by my own thoughts.

==========================================

Dearest PFAL Grad,

I just heard the news about the GreaseSpot forums closing down soon, and thought I'd send out one last missive from my heart to anyone who wants to receive it.

It was 43 years ago last month (December), while I was a Lieutenant in the 82d Airborne Division at Ft. Bragg NC, that my college three-sport teammate told me that he had "some tapes" on the Bible. Having by then become fervent about knowing God, I said, "Cool, I'll drive to Ohio on my way home to Indiana for Christmas and we can listen to them."

When he opened the box of reel-to-reel discs on that Sunday morning in Cleveland, revealing 33 hours of tape, I said, "You said 'some tapes'!" And he said, "These are some tapes." And I said, "You're right; these are SOME TAPES! And when I get bored, I'm leaving for Indianapolis." Three days later I finished the PFAL class for the first time, and I was both stunned by how much error I had been taught about the Bible, and thrilled by the truth I heard in PFAL.

I long ago realized that PFAL was an historically unparalleled presentation of the truth of God's Word, and I will forever be grateful that I was in the right place at the right time to partake of it. And it was the keys set forth in that class that have enabled me, with a lot of help from my friends, to grow in both biblical knowledge and expression so as to be able to now present it in an even more accurate and expansive way. Of course, that is as it should be.

After helping to put together several such systematic courses of study in the last 24 years, I'm going to spearhead another, with a lot of help from my friends. Our goal is to film an accurate, entertaining, exciting, and effectual 24-hour foundational class, and we hope to do it about June 1. In case you are interested in obtaining a copy, my email address is jal@tltf.org.a

You may know that in January, 2010, about 30 of us started The Living Truth Fellowship, and each month via email (and hard mail for those w/o email) we send out a 3-4 page written teaching in our FRUIT OF D'VINE publication. We also have more than 125 teaching videos on our YouTube channel (justtruthit) and our Vimeo channel. You can find both of those on our website (www.tltf.org).

I have a deep affinity for every PFAL grad, as I firmly believe that we share the unique privilege of hearing the Word of God as it not been heard since the first century. I am still committed to presenting the Word in the best way possible, so if my life and ministry can bless yours, great, just let me know.

I love you.

Onward and upward!

John Lynn

All right, that's the unaltered copy. Here's my analysis.

==============================

"Dearest PFAL Grad,"

[We have our audience defined here- PFAL grads, the "initiated", the only people likely to

fall for some nostalgic propaganda, the aging population, all in their 40s and older,

since after that, the numbers of PFAL grads became miniscule.]

"I just heard the news about the GreaseSpot forums closing down soon, and thought I'd send out one last missive from my heart to anyone who wants to receive it."

[Translation: I was cheered to hear that my most visible critic might be silenced. In response,

I figured that-before it closed-I'd post one last advertisement and try to get more customers.

I COULD have demonstrated I'd finally, in the twilight of my years- grown up and changed,

but instead I will demonstrate I'm making much the same mistakes now I made the rest of my life.]

"It was 43 years ago last month (December), while I was a Lieutenant in the 82d Airborne Division at Ft. Bragg NC, that my college three-sport teammate told me that he had "some tapes" on the Bible. Having by then become fervent about knowing God, I said, "Cool, I'll drive to Ohio on my way home to Indiana for Christmas and we can listen to them."

[Here's some nostalgia where I toss in a number to impress you with how long I've been doing this-

as if the rest of you haven't been doing the same.]

"When he opened the box of reel-to-reel discs on that Sunday morning in Cleveland, revealing 33 hours of tape, I said, "You said 'some tapes'!" And he said, "These are some tapes." And I said, "You're right; these are SOME TAPES! And when I get bored, I'm leaving for Indianapolis." Three days later I finished the PFAL class for the first time, and I was both stunned by how much error I had been taught about the Bible, and thrilled by the truth I heard in PFAL."

[More nostalgia, to lull those who used the reel-to-reels and impress those who came later. Or, at least,

that's the idea.

Moreover, here we see that JAL STILL hasn't taken a cold, hard look at everything from the ground up.

He's still stuck at "before PFAL I was taught error" and

"PFAL is where the truth was."

THE REST OF US know better, and have for many years, and have grown beyond it.

JAL's stuck in his spiritual adolescence.]

"I long ago realized that PFAL was an historically unparalleled presentation of the truth of God's Word, and I will forever be grateful that I was in the right place at the right time to partake of it. And it was the keys set forth in that class that have enabled me, with a lot of help from my friends, to grow in both biblical knowledge and expression so as to be able to now present it in an even more accurate and expansive way. Of course, that is as it should be."

[Wow.

JAL has had over 25 years to grow up. He has not. Where all the GSC regulars, past and present,

have seen how PFAL was plagiarized from several sources concealed from the public,

and advertised excessively to be from God instead of Leonard, Stiles, Bullinger, Kenyon....

JAL has not learned A THING in the DECADES since he left.

I can't summarize his delusion any better than he did, so I'm leaving his words as-is.]

"After helping to put together several such systematic courses of study in the last 24 years, I'm going to spearhead another, with a lot of help from my friends. Our goal is to film an accurate, entertaining, exciting, and effectual 24-hour foundational class, and we hope to do it about June 1. In case you are interested in obtaining a copy, my email address is jal@tltf.org."

[JAL didn't learn anything about how systems like PFAL and TWI hurt people.

So, he made another system that's gone on to hurt others.

When he wore out his welcome there (1 system, not "several such systematic courses of study"- CES is STFI

by another name, not an entirely new group), he left, and is ready to roll out

ANOTHER system which will hurt others.

" Our goal is to film an accurate, entertaining, exciting, and effectual 24-hour foundational class"

How's THAT for a mid-life crisis? PFAL is a dim memory, and nobody new has been hurt by it-

but JAL's ready to try to hurt some more and male the same vapid claims of, how did HE put it?

"an historically unparalleled presentation of the truth of God's Word"

[The man is trapped in his own personal hell- doomed to repeat the errors of the past over and over.]

"You may know that in January, 2010, about 30 of us started The Living Truth Fellowship, and each month via email (and hard mail for those w/o email) we send out a 3-4 page written teaching in our FRUIT OF D'VINE publication. We also have more than 125 teaching videos on our YouTube channel (justtruthit) and our Vimeo channel. You can find both of those on our website (www.tltf.org)."

[JAL's still good with coming up cutesy names for stuff. And he's getting to be an old hand at advertising

his products- something the current mouldering relic of twi has given up on.]

"I have a deep affinity for every PFAL grad, as I firmly believe that we share the unique privilege of hearing the Word of God as it not been heard since the first century. I am still committed to presenting the Word in the best way possible, so if my life and ministry can bless yours, great, just let me know."

[Here comes the sales pitch. All of you are going to join him because you're all smart, privileged,

wise, attractive people. JAL, in spite of amazing amounts of evidence, is still pushing the

" hearing the Word of God as it not been heard since the first century."

Either he doesn't know what the rest of us know- and is a delusional idiot-

or he knows what we do- and is intentionally lying like vpw did in order to fool people-

and he's looking at you while he's thinking "gullible."

There is no middle ground here. Either he knows it's all a lie or he doesn't.

Which is he- delusional fool, or lying con man?

I'll leave that to your own conclusions.]

"I love you.

Onward and upward!

John Lynn "

[JAL's still doing the "you are all strangers to me, but I love you all" nonsense

we all gave up LONG ago. And he's added the motto of the State of NY in an attempt

to sound more original than the other splinters.

JAL, aren't you getting a little too old to sell us on the Easter Beagle and the

Great Pumpkin?]

• Upvote 2

Sad. The guys a one trick pony forever looping back to the same bull.

CES crashed so now we'll do something else. And this time it will be the Word of God, I promise, I promise.

Somebody should ask him how long he intends on beating a dead horse.

Too many people have figured out what its really all about to be suckered again.

I feel for the people who haven't figured out what its all about.

SoCrates

Jeremiah 13:23 (NASB)

"Can the Ethiopian change his skin or the leopard his spots? Then you also can do good who are accustomed to doing evil."

Seems JALvis could not resist the turn of the cycles to resist posting one more advertisement.

He posted it in the Shoutbox, possibly to increase his deniability.

(Previous times, he send mail to people he knew would post it to the GSC, and included a note saying

he was not trying to get it posted online but knew it would show up there somehow.

Other times, he deleted his own copies-until he realized other copies were already in existence

and the deletion of his own copy said a lot to the people who could no longer access it.)

So, the new advertisement, with its own level of "deniability." Man can't just speak plainly to us

if his own life depends on it. Here's what he posted, to be followed by my own thoughts.

==========================================

Dearest PFAL Grad,

<snip>

I long ago realized that PFAL was an historically unparalleled presentation of the truth of God's Word, and I will forever be grateful that I was in the right place at the right time to partake of it. And it was the keys set forth in that class that have enabled me, with a lot of help from my friends, to grow in both biblical knowledge and expression so as to be able to now present it in an even more accurate and expansive way. Of course, that is as it should be.

After helping to put together several such systematic courses of study in the last 24 years, I'm going to spearhead another, with a lot of help from my friends. Our goal is to film an accurate, entertaining, exciting, and effectual 24-hour foundational class, and we hope to do it about June 1.

<snip>

Yeah, John.....you and some 60+ offshoot guys carry the water of this pfal-craft. Just like your man, vpw.....you are cut from the same rag-tag cloth. Wierwille claimed the same of Rev. Leonard's Gifts of the Holy Spirit class in 1953.....and YET, veepee needed to rush home and teach his "own" version, as well.

Everyone has a psalm, a doctrine.....a right version to follow. Some who attended your meetings in Indianapolis told me of your life and confessions. Uugh. Even your Emporia days were filled with the same sins as your idol, veepee.

Same rhetoric, same hypocrisy....If you are not the lead dog, the view NEVER changes.

And......a 24-hour foundational class. How original. :rolleyes:

...12 sessions, 2 hours per session

...long enough for indoctrination and persuation

...short enough to entice

How many of the other offshoot groups have a 24-hour class??? :biglaugh:

Same gimmicks, same slogans, same con ---- all around the U.S. these days spawned from wierwille who stole from Rev. Leonard.

Edited by skyrider

Maybe it's because I left TWI on my own without being kicked out by leadership, but I always wonder why anyone would want to go back to something so similar to TWI after they left... I mean, if TWI was bad, then wouldn't anything rooted in it be bad as well?

Fruit doesn't fall far from the Way tree.

• Upvote 1

Good analysis of the letter, I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like the same guy who wrote "Living in the Eye of the Storm" alright. Seems to me it's the same product with a different brand and wrapper, but the same list of "ingredients".

Yah, poison.

Edited by So_crates

...but I always wonder why anyone would want to go back to something so similar to TWI after they left... I mean, if TWI was bad, then wouldn't anything rooted in it be bad as well?...

Probably because those were the best days of his life, and everything's been downhill ever since.

Im curious why he continues to beat the horse not only after it is dead but after it has been buried, decomposed and returned to dust too.

Isn't it time that he at least he put together a cheesy infomercial for late night TV with all the other crackpots that have a miracle cure for everything?

...Hi... Im John Lynn. Ive been with two cults that have failed miserably and am up and at it again!...

It would fit in perfectly with Zumba, Jack Lalanne, Girls Gone Wild, shake weight, and the real estate midgets on my 2 AM viewing schedule

Edited by mstar1

Shouldn't he concentrate on getting an am radio show? Sheesh, he could reach a lot more people than the shoutbox!

Nice breakdown, WordWolf.

Yes, he could reach a larger audience but not necessarily one that's already been primed to accept Way dogma.

Isn't it time that he at least he put together a cheesy infomercial for late night TV with all the other crackpots that have a miracle cure for everything?

...Hi... Im John Lynn. Ive been with two cults that have failed miserably and am up and at it again!...

Or maybe like Troy McClure from The Simpsons:

"Hi. I'm John Lynn. You remember me from such organizational greats as CES and STFI..."

Edited by So_crates

Perhaps it's a fitting swan song as GS transitions over these weeks, that the same tunes come back again. And again.

I think of myself as a somewhat thoughtful student of the Bible and rather passionate follower of Jesus Christ, who I continue to learn about everyday. Yet, I can't deny that statements like:

...hearing the Word of God as it not been heard since the first century....

illustrate a disconnect from true understanding of what occurred then and what's occurred in the 2,000 or so years since then. Not because of what is or isn't in PFAL or anywhere else but simply because anything scripted and canned in a class has no resemblance to what anyone heard of the Word of God in or about the time of the first century.

It may be a deliberate desire to use coded shorthand to initiate a desired response from those who heard it so many times over the years and who would now have those brain cells pinged by the familiar terminology, or just a general tendency to continue doing the familiar. But I find it very telling. And I would wonder - if it's that good, why reinvent it? And how much will this one cost? I assume a percentage of the income will be returned to the Way who still own the original, from whence these rivers run. It would be the only honest thing to do, if money's involved.

Additional insight from former members of CES, trumpeting it's resounding success story for all the world to see is HERE> Or do a goggle search for Dan Tocchini and Momentus for further illumination. Advertiised as a "transformationalist" it's clear that these guys have left a trail that would make a snail blush, always moving on to the next field of gold to mine. Good intentions? Oh, no doubt.

I'm just sayin' - it's worth a look for anyone who hasn't.

"And I would wonder - if it's that good, why reinvent it? "

Precisely!

If the PFAL class is truly the greatest thing since jelly bread was invented, why has The Way been keeping it in moth balls?

(Not that I think they should take it out of storage, you understand.)

Edited by waysider

I assume a percentage of the income will be returned to the Way who still own the original, from whence these rivers run.

Good point--but dont jump to conclusions or forget that

plagiarism, claiming it as your very own, and profitting from it was a big point of the christian walk as demonstrated in the original class as well.

Mr Lynn has learned those basics of his christianity as demonstrated by Wierwille very well and so far refused to budge.

I suppose that in some circles it beats having a real job

Why one more advertisement? Perhaps he has become accustomed to public humiliation and it no longer bothers him (if it ever did)...afterall, there's a chance that one or two people might bite and cough up the money for his "new class"...

...Precious in the sight of the Lord is a few more dollars...

So lessee, 30 people, let's say they are each earning about $20,000 each (and many will be making much more than that), and they tithe 10% to JAL (some will give more, some less). That's already $60K per year. With his resume and at his age, he would be hard pressed to beat that as a starting salary in any other line of work.

And that's why he is working on advertising a new offshoot.

IMHO,

shaz

• Upvote 1

ugh.

John Lynn, I am completely, utterly, and committedly NOT INTERESTED in joining anything that idolizes vpw and his cobbled-together religion. twi fooled me. you do not.

• Upvote 1

These things will always come and always go and then there will be another one and another after that. Still, the records of the Bible memorialize what that first generation of "Christians" did and said. Inspiration to many - their actions must burn like salt in a cut to those who pursue it so hard, using so many words and so much time and money and yet never hit the mark. "Transformation" indeed.

"Silver and gold have I none but in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk."

Systematic teaching systems, reliant on outdated and unstable infrastructures and patented slogans promise big and deliver small. They gather the lame and issue canes and walkers.

In another record, perhaps as the "man born blind" answered when asked who did what to heal him and he finally said: one thing I know that whereas I was blind, now I see.

For all the promises and all the effort, few and far between are the students of these men who Live the Power. Talk the Power, sure. Talk is cheap.

Knowledge = power? Tell that to a man who couldn't even see who healed him or where he'd gone afterwards. His faith abounded following the reality of his deliverance. His "point of sales" was Jesus, not methodology or information.

At this stage of my life and what I see of this age, it's very simple. The world needs less speak and more do. Don't tell me what God can do if I believe - show me what God can do when you believe. Or shut up and find a seat.

On a lighter note:

This latest entry in the Class Chronicles may be a new type of content - yes! Actually new and improved as promised: religious pornography.

When I think about it, and I don't want to for long but this kind of titillation certainly has an audience. It's not as satisfying as the real thing but if you've never actually had a date it's hard to imagine what "third base" is like, let alone if the backseat of your Civic will accommodate a sneaky steal to home plate on a wild pitch. Navigating that field can be tough your first game, so a well structured playbook complete with graphic representation would certainly have it's own, uh value.

Just sayin' - if you read it somewhere else, remember you read it here first and all money's, renumerations and other such recognitions go to me, socks, the true originator of this term. Thank you.