GreaseSpot Cafe

My Way book now online

Karl Kahler

Hello to all my old friends, and greetings to the ones I haven't met yet.

I wanted to drop a note saying that my book, "The Cult That Snapped: A Journey Into The Way International" can now be accessed online. For those who haven't read it, it's a detailed history of The Way and a personal narrative of my seven years in the ministry (1980-87), plus a reporter's-eye view of The Way of Craig Martindale of the 1990s.

If you're interested, you can order a print-on-demand copy at http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/kkahleratverizondotnet ... or download the e-book in a variety of formats for just $5.99 at

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/35199. You can also preview much of the book for free at the second site.

Some people have told me this book changed their lives, and many have found it a valuable source of information for confronting current members with The Way’s true colors. And some people just told me they laughed until they cried.

Happy reading! And thanks to Pawtucket for the immense public service of keeping this site going for so long.

Best,

Karl

Karl's book is invaluable to learning about TWI if you've never heard of it and for sorting out your experience if you were in it. I've recommended it for years.

I was in TWI during the years he writes about (plus the previous ten). If his story wasn't so full of truth and facts (and a few astute speculations :-) it might be as funny as some think.

Kudos for writing it, Karl.

Cheers!

Charlene Edge a.k.a. Penworks

Yes, Bramble, Kindle is one of the formats at Smashwords. I don't know about opting out and uploading it to Amazon myself. I am waiting for the Smash folks to review it to make sure it meets their formatting standards, at which time they will put it on a premium distribution list so that it reaches all major retailers.

Thanks all for your interest and kind words. I'm looking forward to Charlene's book!

Karl, is it going to Kindle via Smashwords? Smashwords takes months to get a book to Amazon kindle, it is easier to opt out of Amazon on smashwords and put the book up yourself on Amazon. Amazon kindle self pubbed take a couple days to go live.

In English, please, Bramble :confused:

Karl, your book and Kristen's are excellent. Penworks, hoping your book will re-inforce truth about TWI. I feel that all are from personal perspectivem whereas John Juddes is more theological. All of you keep up the good work.

I read Karl's book a few years ago also and really enjoyed it. Very well written and the research is top notch.

Highly recommended.

Karl, your book and Kristen's are excellent. Penworks, hoping your book will re-inforce truth about TWI. I feel that all are from personal perspectivem whereas John Juddes is more theological. All of you keep up the good work.

Thanks, Thomas. Am working hard on the book-length version of Affinity for Windows (posted on GSC's front page), Affinity barely scratched the surface.

Stay well,

Charlene Lamy Edge

PS - I'll be on exwayvision.com , screen name Penworks.

Edited by penworks