GreaseSpot Cafe

Turn Out the Lights

Pirate1974

Turn out the lights the party's over

They say that all good things must end

Let's call it a night the party's over

And tomorrow starts the same old thing again

-Willie Nelson

Sorry to hear that the old spot is shutting down. I followed it religiously (!) since I first ran across Waydale back in 2000. Has it really been that long? I haven't been around too much lately because it started to bring back too many memories that were better left unremembered, but I'll never forget the fun stuff that we did here.

A special thanks to my good friend excathie.

See you in the funny papers.

• 2 weeks later...

In my opinion, this site was begun with the best intentions, but unfortunately an unintended consequence was it served to pick at scabs to keep them from healing.

I have never heard anyone say there is too much kindness in the world

I have never heard anyone say there is too much forgiveness in the world

I have never heard anyone say there is too much love in the world.

Be kind, forgive and love as you would have others be kind to you, forgive you and love you, in spite of your flaws large and small.

In my opinion, this site was begun with the best intentions, but unfortunately an unintended consequence was it served to pick at scabs to keep them from healing.

(snip)

In my opinion, you never "got it" about this site, but nobody ever guaranteed everyone would. In fact,

it's pretty much expected some people would not.

Be excellent to each other anyway.

Good to see you around Pirate. Played lots of Nostalgia stuff over the years didn't we? Now, with nearly everyone on high speed internet connections, its a yawner to post even YouTube videos... but back when WayDale and Greasespot started it was considered high tech to click on a link and hear music! I had a lot of fun doing it, too.

sudo