GreaseSpot Cafe

the victoids' *ministry(?)*

Ham

A safe harbor for whom?

The women who were raped?

The people who committed suicide?

The people who turned to substance abuse?

The families that were torn apart?

The kids who suffered abuse at the hands of misguided caregivers?

The people who died trying to prove some bogus "magic law" was real?

VP (You know he wasn't really a Dr., don't you?) Wierwille was no man of God.

He was a callous con-man, out to satisfy his own perverted appetite. He didn't give a rat's rear end who got hurt in the process..... not you, not me, not even his own wife and children.

"He was a mean man."-----Mrs. W.

Edited by waysider

BTW, johniam, I find it amusing you should quote that particular line from Yours Is No Disgrace out of context.

Here are the the words in their entirety:

Yesterday a morning came, a smile upon your face.

Caesar's palace, morning glory, silly human race,

On a sailing ship to nowhere, leaving any place,

If the summer changed to winter, yours is no disgrace.

Battleships confide in me and tell me where you are,

Shining, flying, purple wolfhound, show me where you are,

Lost in summer, born in winter, travel very far,

Lost in losing circumstances, that's just where you are.

If the summer changed to winter, yours is no,

Yours is no disgrace.

Yours is no disgrace.

Yours is no disgrace.

Death defying, mutilated armies scatter the earth,

Crawling out of dirty holes, their morals, their morals disappear.

If the summer changed to winter, yours is no,

Yours is no disgrace.

Yours is no disgrace.

Yours is no disgrace.

Edited by waysider

Of course, 2 albums later they sing....

a seasoned witch can call you from the depths of your disgrace.

First, mine is no disgrace, then somehow I got disgrace. Must have come in on the Fragile album. Just like the Stones, in 1964 time was on their side, but by 1974 time waits for no one. Fickle, I tell ya....

Salvation through Jesus Christ is yea and amen.

Of course, 2 albums later they sing....

a seasoned witch can call you from the depths of your disgrace.

First, mine is no disgrace, then somehow I got disgrace. Must have come in on the Fragile album. Just like the Stones, in 1964 time was on their side, but by 1974 time waits for no one. Fickle, I tell ya....

Well, like you said on another thread----It's not scripture.

Edited by waysider

Waysider, you must be the on the spot reporter, chasing me from thread to thread, hoping a story will break. I NEVER post on the politics forum. But I did last week and there you were. Well, on the spot reporter, you missed a spot.

quote: BTW, johniam, I find it amusing you should quote that particular line from Yours Is No Disgrace out of context.

Context? If anything I was being a smarta$$. Now look CLOSELY at the first post on this thread. At the bottom of it, there are words in smaller print. They are the first line of that song. From memory the 2nd line just popped into my head (retemory :biglaugh: ). So I added it to my post. What "context" am I out of? I haven't heard that song in years. Saw Yes live 6 times, 6 consecutive US tours, from 8/72 through 6/76. For awhile, they would switch off between Yours is no disgrace and Starship trooper as their encore. The first 2 times I saw them were in the SF bay area, so they probably remembered that their encore in 8/72 was Yours is no disgrace, so the next time they came there, in 4/73, their encore was Starship trooper. Awesome band.

Hey, talk about songs not being scripture? Tell that to the other posters on this thread. But it occured to me that before twi rock and roll bands and lyrics were our gift ministries. They seemed to function that way. Some songs just seemed to ring true for EVERYBODY. And if you had a negative opinion about such a song you generally kept your mouth shut. Those bands gave us great music and memories, but they didn't give us salvation by Jesus Christ.

Wierwwille had no "ministry". He was a con-man, building what he hoped would become a succesful multi-level-marketing organization. In the process, many, many lives were damaged, some irreversibly. The Way is not and never was a "safe haven".

Edited by waysider

Actually it was, for a few. A *very* few, that is..

a very few, found a *safe* situation, where they could fornicate with the "flock" like it was going out of style..

yep.. *leaders*. corps "coordinators".. cabinet members.. "ordained" "clergy"..

yep.. a "safe harbor" for sexual deviants.. including vic himself.

For who else was it "safe"? for those who sat at home.. didn't fornicate (too much), listened to the tapes, just had some fun.. read the bible.. at least this was the case a lot of the time. At least when "leaders" (see above description) weren't making life miserable..

upon a little reflection, it seems the "twiggies" weren't exactly safe, either..

no. It seems.. sexual deviants and perverts and con-men (and some women) were about the only ones who found a "safe harbor"..

twi is like.. a hen house, built and managed by a hungry fox..

:biglaugh:

and his *men(?)* want to further his work..

Edited by Ham

the next time I meet w*lter.. or any of these guys.. there will be two questions asked.

1. How many *affairs* did you have in twi days..

2. How many of them were with those under you "care"..

maybe a third question.

3. how many bribes did you receive? Special collections, from those under your "care"? "love offerings".. etc.

maybe even offer of sexual "gifts" (and I KNOW of AT LEAST one time this was offered and refused..)

and you accepted?

and I would ask these questions calmly, no intense interrogation, confrontation or yelling, etc. Unless I find myself at the improper end of "how dare you question my righteousness.." or some such..

It's going to happen. One time or another.

If you believe the biblical view..

when the Almighty asks the question, you WILL answer. Even if you end up being the "wicked and unprofitable" servant..

"yeah, I was afraid, wasted your time, your money, your support.."

an answer WILL be given..

if you don't believe the bible, I guess this isn't an issue..

There's a line in the Dealing With The Adversary class where Walter quotes the scripture, "You have not because you ask amiss." At that juncture, he smiles and offers, as an aside, "Maybe he should have asked a Mrs." Was it just a silly, corny joke? I thought so at the time. Looking back, it's just kind of creepy, in a not so funny kind of way.

Edited by waysider

At least Crowley was honest..

no really. He thought.. and please correct me if my take isn't exactly right here..

that one can practice evil, to the extent that everything works out as good in the end..

some people still follow this character as well..

but in regards to vic, it is the same thing. At least in my opinion.. he (practically) fully embraced evil.. and all some here seem to be interested in are the final "results"..

Yes, us Squirrels were sent here to "observe"..

we've made our observations..

as if the almighty really NEEDS advisors.. heh. No..

Everything has to be done by Queen's rules I guess..

any final pertinent details for the "report"?

*Mr* Iam, do you have anything else to say in your defense?

cmon Mr. IAM, vic's *men*.. You have a Kangaroo Court of Squirrels ready to render what's the word..

summary judgment against you..

Were there EVER any pertinent details?

Lets be nice. :biglaugh:

at LEAST the question has to be asked..

Edited by Ham