GreaseSpot Cafe

So how did you pick your handle?

So_crates

He turned into a great big galumph of a cat, always curious, always fun-loving, and graduated from running up net curtains to running up ladders and getting stuck on the roof. Sadly he had a bad stroke a few years ago (he was, what, 11 or 12) and had to be put down. Thread in "In Memoriam."

I'm sorry, twinky, I know what its like to lose a pet.

My mother had a French bulldog, Sir Pugsley she called him. His nickname was Pugey.

Space prevents me from telling you half the things that dog carried my family through. And he did it by doing no more than being there, freely giving companionship and love.

He developed lymphoma and had to be put to sleep about three years ago. I still mourn his death.

I often secretly pray Pugey had a soul, an animal like him deserves to be in some type of heaven.

SoCrates

French_Bulldog_Cybele1.jpg

Edited by So_crates

anyway when i started on paul allen's site i was "some girl"

then when paw started his site (or it might have been paul allen's because i left there for 8 months because i didn't want to get yelled at anymore for talking about veepee)

there were ex people handles -- ex10, exwayfer, exthis, exthat

and i came up with the "clever" handle of excathedra lol because i had been a catholic before the way

and wierwille talks about the pope in "the class" or somewhere that it's the pronouncement "from the chair"

and i decided that since i was posting from the chair of my computer closet (room lol) that i would be excathedra

it kind of fit to be an ex-catholic and ex-wayfer

does that make sense?

LOL, Excie, thought it might be something like that.

:offtopic:

Soccy, that dog looks like it could give anyone a run for their money. Bundle of mischief. Amazing how much more empathetic family pets are, compared to human beings - even family members.

UUUUMMMMM.....It's the only name I have. I had two aunts that died with Alzheimers so I try to prevention-think ahead -- If I only have one name then it's more likely I'll be able to remember it. (Who is that kitsober person? ? - oh. It's me!!!) :) Also I hope that anyone who wants to get in touch with me from twi or other days can do so pretty easily.

• 2 weeks later...

After I left staff at twi hq...I worked for a defense contractor. My "doogie howser" child genius boss would throw out things that "I should do." After 9 years on staff in which a suggestion was the same as a directive.....I would hop right on it and just about the time I finished it....he would change his mind. So, like Radar O'Reilly on MASH........I would be all finished with my task, just in time to go back and re do it all. Very Simple....but just for all of you that don;t know....I am not MALE, NOT short and don' wear glasses. :)

Back before the internet was widespread, I logged on through a 2400BPS modem to the Prodigy network. That was where I first participated in online forums or bulletin boards. You had to have a first and last name on the Prodigy boards and (not wanting to be know) used the name Sudo Nim. Ever since then, I've been plain Sudo or Sudo2u. I thought I was just so clever. Hee-hee!

sudo

After I left staff at twi hq...I worked for a defense contractor. My "doogie howser" child genius boss would throw out things that "I should do." After 9 years on staff in which a suggestion was the same as a directive.....I would hop right on it and just about the time I finished it....he would change his mind. So, like Radar O'Reilly on MASH........I would be all finished with my task, just in time to go back and re do it all. Very Simple....but just for all of you that don;t know....I am not MALE, NOT short and don' wear glasses. :)

Radar!! I've missed your posts for some time, now. (Not that blue-face avatar, though!)

George

• 2 weeks later...

My mother chose my handle. I was named for an actor who was prominent at the time (Coleman, not Reagan). My dad provided the last initial.

I gave up the ArkieRon moniker because I'm originally from Texas and subsequently resided in Florida, California and Arkansas, so no place really has a hold on me.

Ron,

You're my vintage so you'll no doubt remember King Leonardo and his subjects cartoon. It was one of several appearing on Rocky and Friends. Anyhow... were you ever aware that Odio Cologne was a dead on impersonation of Ronald Colman??

sudo

For some reason when I lived in a Way Home my roomates just called me Tony Zamboni because Zamboni rimes with Tony. It was a friendly knickname. I liked it so I thought I would use it here for no pertickler reason. :)

Oh and that photo under my name is a Zamboni ice cleaning machine. It even says so on the very front but its to small to read.

Edited by tonyzamboni

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a history buff and an historical reenactor. When I joined, I had just finished several books about the Earps, and I love Val Kilmer's portrayal of Holliday in Tombstone. I spelled mine with one "L" just to be different.

In the military we tend to use a title. Which incorporates our rank and field.

I served from 1976 until my retirement in 2001, so I had gotten kind of used to using it.

ET1(SS)

That was what I was using on the previous Ex-Way forum, and I use it on some of the forums I habitat.

Otherwise I go by Galen.

Edited by Galen

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Actually the name is Bobba Dabobbada Neaderbobba Ebenezer Nebuchadnezzar O'Rielly O'Hansen, but people call me "What?" for short. :blink:

A friend started calling me bobba and I didn't particularly like it. I started one day to play around with it and liked da-bobba but the rythem wasn't right. A little more fooling around and it came out da-bobba-da.

I liked it.

My friend didn't, so I filed it away somewhere in the lower id for a few years.

When I got my first computer and went on the net, they insisted on some unique username to conduct your surfing with.

All of a sudden dabobbada had a brand new home. :redface2: