GreaseSpot Cafe

The Adam Hirschfeld Thread

pawtucket

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the breeding ground that produces stories like Adam Hirschfeld.

and why did he have to be so g*wd d*amned greedy..

it's a lifestyle of greed, plain and simple.. "gawd's abundance".. at any cost.

how many cars does one need..

the comments on his myspace page from his "peers" were really most troubling. The more I read, the less "endearing" the "young man" was to me..

I'm surprised they are even still there. Or even that the page hasn't been taken off line..

I've met others like him, in "real life".

the bosses "kid"..

the most hypocritical part of it.. is how they savagely bite the hand that feeds them. You know.. "big government"..

they LOVE the welfare, the Pell grants, food banks, free health care..

but they despise the cost. Or the mere suggestion that they should have to pay..

the bosses "kid"..

That's what he was too. His Dad was a executive at Crown Forklifts in New Bremen for many years. Even took heat from co-workers for being a wayfer. Now I understand he is marked and avoided.

Wondered about that. Good idea.

The facts will speak for themselves, when more are known I guess. Not really a clear "story" to follow here, although the fact of people risking and then losing significant amounts of money coming from retirement funds and home mortgages is tragic.

Everything went up and down the last few years, a little or a lot (with some exceptions but overall). The prognosis isn't in nor the recovery forecast although it's clear that high risk and big greed have been factors. So anyone marketing a big return, low risk money maker - you'd have to question it, look at it carefully and proceed cautiously. These people on their site sound like they did. Perhaps this was marketed as a way to protect against the shifting going on last couple years, tighten up your funds in a "secure" portfolio. .

Given the investment climate of the last few years most people wouldn't take on risk without a great deal of confidence and trust both in the investments themselves and who ever's managing their portfolio.

Everyone makes mistakes, investor and investee. Investmenets are doing good, everyone's happy, yae, we like this then not so much when the money goes down. That's what happens. This doesn't sound like that's the entire story here.

Face value it sounds like money was put into one investment system to pay for another. It also sounds like communication to his customers - those whose money he was managing - was sketchy at key times that it appears money was in flux and ROI was tanking - "ducking and hiding". Kinda weird but fits a lot of stories we hear about on the News. .

Not a good scenario if it was your money.

I find it ironic that they brag on their masterful command of the law of believing, that brings them a limitless supply of abundance and meanwhile they tap into every resource they can find that is set aside for the poor.

In the mid-90s.....Martindale's answer to college was...(drum roll)

....have your high school kids ask their GRANDPARENTS for the money.

That's just brilliant!

And, of course......the grandparents were "unbelievers" and us parents, the "believers," hadn't planned financially for our kids' college education.

We had "the more abundant life".....but had squat for money.

Just drips with irony, doesn't it?

And, of course......the grandparents were "unbelievers" and us parents, the "believers," hadn't planned financially for our kids' college education.

Indeed. And no doubt people mindlessly nodded their heads in agreement with this ignorance. I wonder if the idiot ever heard of generational poverty...where the grandparents are as broke as everyone else? or are all grandparents wealthy? just a brilliant solution :smilie_kool_aid:

There are givers, there are takers, and there are leeches. TWI's doctrines and practices train people up to be the last.

In the mid-90s.....Martindale's answer to college was...(drum roll)

....have your high school kids ask their GRANDPARENTS for the money.

It just cracks me up that he said that. When I was a young man going into the Way Corps, Martindale's line then was that, "parents are responsible to provide an education for their children." Now the folks going in are of the age to be one of my children, but wait. I went through the WC, he knows I'm destitute because I've been (hypothetically) working on staff for 25 years. So he switches his line now to grandparents being responsible for a kid's education. Those, by the way, would be the same people who, if I did what he said, paid for my education. Now they're going to pay for my kid's education? A lot of our parents are retired now, they can ill afford to put a kid through college. Guess they should have believed God better.

There are givers, there are takers, and there are leeches. TWI's doctrines and practices train people up to be the last.

They can only teach you to be what they are. Think about it: they leeched our lives, our abilities, our cash flow.

SoCrates

They can only teach you to be what they are. Think about it: they leeched our lives, our abilities, our cash flow.

SoCrates

And the scary part is they think they are doing God a service.

And the scary part is they think they are doing God a service.

Read a quote once. It said "I don't know if this world is being ran by madmen taking themselves seriously or geniuses (genii?) who are putting us on."

Thats what I would ask about their doing service for God schtick:

Are they madmen taking themselves seriously or geniuses putting us on?

SoCrates

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure there is a lot of fireworks left. I have heard through the grapevine he admitted to what he did, has apologized, and still faces sentencing? Maybe someone can confirm so I am not spreading rumors.