GreaseSpot Cafe

What goes into an STS

OldSkool

This is continued from this thread.

Where choclfull said:

Then through stifling micromanagement she garners up ALL of the power and basically takes the power away from any of the teaching side by requiring them to submit teachings ahead of time for approval, go through a dress rehearsal before her and other BOD members where she can change "approve/disapprove" of content, etc.

I guess that's what you get when you cross a little old lady schoolteacher with Godzilla - Rozilla :evilshades:

Chock is right on the money. I wanted to "unveil" on GSC exactly what I went through as an STS teacher. I would not wish it on my worst enemy.

First, many months in advance, you are assigned a teaching topic that agrees with the overall ministry theme for that year that has been decided upon by osalie. On a preset time line you submit an outline to Rosalie for approval. Outlining a teaching is very difficult unless you are really good at outlines. I do have to say it helps a person collect their thoughts. But it's the approval process that gets hairy, more on that in a minute.

You develop your teaching at this point. The teaching is not you, God and Jesus, and the bible with in-spirit action guiding a person operating gift ministries. Not at ALL! During this phase there are very strict guidelines regarding where your "research" comes, and you MUST document your sources so they can be approved and to make sure it all jives with proven ministry research! You most likely already know where the teaching come from - you guessed it! Way Mag, STS tapes, TWI books, are all at the top of the pile and above question. I digress - moving onwards.

Next, you develop your teaching into a word for word transcript that is submitted to Rosalie who then volleys it over to President's Publications to make sure the teaching agrees with "proven ministry research." They check everything with a microscope.

Note: either the outline or transcript phase can be volleyed back and forth several times and becomes very wearisome after a few times of reworking minutia to make it fit with the "suggestions and feedback" that one receives.

Once the word for word transcript finally meets Rosalie's approval the teacher has to record themselves and turn that in for feedback as well. (Yes it is difficult to find cassette tapes and a recorder - I keep mine right next to my VCR and 8 track player :biglaugh: ) During this time you are encouraged to teach in front of the mirror, and to incorporate your feedback points into your presentation. Again, not a bad thing to do but by this time all the life was zapped right out of me and I knew full well that it was not my teaching. It was Rosalie's and her cheerleader's from President's Publications. To make it worse all of my individuality had been expunged from the presentation, it was pure drudgery. I would have done better with honesty. Just say "This is what you are going to teach and this is how you are going to teach it." No - the whole charade of pretending it was my teaching and my presentation was against conscience. Onwards.

Ok, the Thursday before the Sunday where you present your teaching you go to the prevailing word auditorium and present your teaching to Rosalie, or another assigned representative if Rosalie cannot attend. She usually has someone from President's Publications with her. At this point you receive more feed back on your presentation. Then on Friday morning there is a full out rehearsal for the STS, where the teacher practices entering the stage, presenting the opening and closing of the teaching, and then exits the stage. And finally you teach. You are NOT to deviate from the approved transcript....period!

Now, when Craig was fired and Rosalie started having others "teach" I was bored to tears by the presentations because it was obvious that the teachers were reading word for word from their notes. I blamed the teachers. I never knew to blame Rosalie. Is everything in this process bad? Nope. But the overkill and extreme micromanagement totally took the life out of me. All I could do was read my notes and leave the stage and I could not do that fast enough.

Rosalie should just pass out transcripts of what she wants said and let the "teachers" go rehearse that for a few months, at least they would do better presentations without pretending that the teaching is one's own.

amazing..

what's the reason for all the mind-numbing detail, to schedule the devil out of your "presentation"?

Control, pure and simple. And to cover their own behinds, since some of VPW and The Forehead's teaching have come up as evidence in court cases before. They want to white wash themselves, but they are still a cult,

What a waste of talent and ability. Yours, and that of everyone else involved. You'd think they had more important things to do. Move the word, perhaps. Outreach. LOL.

I can see the point of an outline, and a rehearsal.

I can see the point of squashing individuality in teaching...because some Wayfers simply can't understand anything that's not straight blue book.

It's so refreshing to go to other establishments - churches, wherever - and hear something from a different point of view. You know what? There are such similarities (or should be - usually). Even if the teacher is a dyed in the wool trinitarian or from some other different Christian background. Yet the different perspective does give something to think about.

Thanks for the sts info Old Skool,no wonder the sts teachings suck so bad.I recently talked to a guy who is still involved with da way and even he said I quote "The sunday service teachings suck".I guess Rozilla does not agree with that verse that talks about "quench not the spirit" when it comes to someone teaching.

The best teachings I've ever done in fellowships or church were usally when I walked up with the notes I'd been working on for the last week, two weeks or more placed them back in the bible or threw them over my sholder onto the floor when I realized that wasn't what God wanted the people in front of me to hear and I just winged it, or as I would say, went where the spirit led.

No wonder there's no life there. At least when one could just teach what was on their heart God had a chance of getting something in He wanted taught.

Thanks for the sts info Old Skool,no wonder the sts teachings suck so bad.I recently talked to a guy who is still involved with da way and even he said I quote "The sunday service teachings suck".I guess Rozilla does not agree with that verse that talks about "quench not the spirit" when it comes to someone teaching.

Oh, here's the kicker. Rosalie and her cheerleaders think that what she has done in killing the STS has made it better than it ever has been. Meanwhile, the suppressed dissenting majority of wayfers are bored to tears each week. Then they convince themselves to stay with cliches like "If there was another ministry that teaches the truth like TWI I would be there in a heartbeat." Can you say B-O-N-D-A-G-E?

No wonder there's no life there. At least when one could just teach what was on their heart God had a chance of getting something in He wanted taught.

Rosalie has a lot of the teachers "convinced" that the spirit of God will work in just as dynamically during their teaching preparation. Yes, she has apparently told God what to do. Kind of funny, really, does she think she is God? I mean it's Rosalie and her minions that shape the teachings through strict micromanagement. You know, you really can't apply logic to their actions and come up with any good conclusion.

The best teachings I've ever done in fellowships or church were usally when I walked up with the notes I'd been working on for the last week, two weeks or more placed them back in the bible or threw them over my sholder onto the floor when I realized that wasn't what God wanted the people in front of me to hear and I just winged it, or as I would say, went where the spirit led.

I did a two-parter once. It didn't start out as a two parter, but the first part was dynamic and really inspired the people there. I had a lot of material and was going to put it together for part 2. But you know it just wouldn't come together like part 1 had. It felt "heavy" and lacked the vigor of part 1.

On the way to the location, out of the blue (as it were) I felt inspired to teach something completely different from anything I'd looked at, prepared, considered - in fact, a zip through one of the books of the OT picking out some salient points to part 1. (Free from Way teachings, as I don't think I'd ever heard anything taught from that book.) Yet (though I say it myself) it was magnificent. Really fixed things in people's minds. The people there were excited. They were still talking about it some months later. Heck, maybe even now.

While that wouldn't work for SNS, given the opportunity, God might, just might, be willing to work within the teacher if he were given a smidgen of space. At least VPW and LCM pretended that God told them to teach something different from what they'd planned, once in a while.

it's just that she sucks so much as a teacher (and she was a teacher, no?) that she has to make everyone else SUCK

when donna was younger and not married to rozie, she did some nice teachings

ahh, the old ball and chain, eh?!! muwahahahahahahaha ain't married life a bitch... :realmad: :realmad: :realmad::biglaugh::evildenk:

Here's some irony.

In PLAF (The Wonder Class), Wierwille talked about how he would prepare part of his Sunday sermon and then put it in his desk drawer until he worked on it again. Then, come Sunday morning, the sermon fell flat because the devil had looked at his teaching throughout the week and turned the congregation against it by Sunday morning. This was his argument for the value of spontaneity. Yet, he continually refused to re-film "the class", itself, because, he said, it couldn't be recreated. I guess he really didn't believe that silly illustration himself, now, did he?.

Edited by waysider

Here's some irony.

In PLAF (The Wonder Class), Wierwille talked about how he would prepare part of his Sunday sermon and then put it in his desk drawer until he worked on it again. Then, come Sunday morning, the sermon fell flat because the devil had looked at his teaching throughout the week and turned the congregation against it by Sunday morning. This was his argument for the value of spontaneity. Yet, he continually refused to re-film "the class", itself, because, he said, it couldn't be recreated. I guess he really didn't believe that silly illustration himself, now, did he?.

Well, it would seem that Stiles and Bullinger never made more material that could be converted into a 2nd PFAL class, therefore, he had to conjure up that line of gibble.

As for the STS, the plan it so far in advance now that the adversary has robbed all the spiritual energy out of it months before it's actually taught and all that is left is disgruntled, bored wayfers sleeping in the pews. Well, that is besides the cheerleaders endeavoring to ingratiate themselves to their gramma in Da Verd - Rosalie the Great Protector. They need promotion don't you know?

If my memory serves me, didn't VP slam this type of practice in pfal?

I never took PFAL, but understand this to be true from "legend."

I don't recall Donna ever doing that good of a teaching. Whenever I heard her she seemed angry.

Nor do I. First time I heard her teach was from word in business in 97 and it was a bitchy, ignorant lecture at best. But as her and Rosalie go: this is what happens when incompetents take the reins.

(not exactly Brian Bliss, Skip Mesquite or some of the others who have poured their lives out for our entertainment.)

Not at all, that's Fr@nk Stut7, Linds3y Linder, and Trudy (Baines) Y3att$.

Trudy = Very talented

Lindsey = Very talented

Fr@nk = Modestly talented, but in charge of dance, and thinks he can sing. Learned dance from Yo MTV Raps or something. I am serious. He taught himself from instructional videos! Now her thinks he is Fred Astaire or at least M.C. Hammer.

To make sure it is incredibly horrible, Rosalie micro-manages the entire outfit using directives like "the words are the most important part of a way productions song because they are the Word of God!"

Ya, an old, out of touch school teacher is directing way productions and keeping all those pesky artists who know better in check.